Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 06-12-2009, 04:15 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Default 3 to 1, where are the Kobe haters at?

32 points , 8 assists, and 7 rebounds for the best player SINCE Michael Jordan.

Any doubters still wanna talk?

Anybody still think the Magic can win the series?
Old 06-12-2009, 09:43 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake

32 points , 8 assists, and 7 rebounds for the best player SINCE Michael Jordan.

Any doubters still wanna talk?

Anybody still think the Magic can win the series?
Looks impressive til you add in that he attempted 32 shots. The series could have easily have been all tied up, 15 missed free thows total with most of that coming in the forth quarter.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:10 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
Looks impressive til you add in that he attempted 32 shots. The series could have easily have been all tied up, 15 missed free thows total with most of that coming in the forth quarter.
BALDERDASH!!!!

Well, not really, but SO WHAT?

He is there, and they are gonna win, period.

You are awesome LeBron, but sorry Kobe still runs NBA! Have fun babysitting the puppet from down the hall. Maybe Kobe can get you some nice seats at a finals game!
Maybe I am reveling in this a bit too much, but I guess I find it pure blasphemy that he is wearing that number and being compared to the Holy Grail of basketball.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Miss Foxy

BRYANT!!! Woot Woot!!!!
Old 06-12-2009, 04:13 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
BRYANT!!! Woot Woot!!!!
In hiding .... they stole that one last nite ... kobe is playing well .. he will get MVP and shut up all the naysayers ...
Old 06-12-2009, 05:11 PM
matthughesfan21

I think this series can be more attributed to the big men of the lakers and not soley Kobe...The big men have shut down howard which the cavs couldn't do...The magic have shown their inexperience this series and played quite horribly, it speaks nothing of kobe's talent if they are missing free throws, thats strictly on the magic....I don't deny kobe's talent, but I can't stand him as a person....I don't want to turn this into a Kobe lebron thing, but since you posted the pic. This series IMO doesn't prove Kobe better than Lebron, because #1 Kobe has a better supporting cast that has showed up to play the magic unlike Lebron's cast, #2 Lebron put up the numbers also, and #3 its all about matchups, and I believe the Cavs beat the Lakers in a 7 game series, but thats just speculation
Old 06-12-2009, 11:12 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
I think this series can be more attributed to the big men of the lakers and not soley Kobe...The big men have shut down howard which the cavs couldn't do...The magic have shown their inexperience this series and played quite horribly, it speaks nothing of kobe's talent if they are missing free throws, thats strictly on the magic....I don't deny kobe's talent, but I can't stand him as a person....I don't want to turn this into a Kobe lebron thing, but since you posted the pic. This series IMO doesn't prove Kobe better than Lebron, because #1 Kobe has a better supporting cast that has showed up to play the magic unlike Lebron's cast, #2 Lebron put up the numbers also, and #3 its all about matchups, and I believe the Cavs beat the Lakers in a 7 game series, but thats just speculation

Sorry, but I disagree.

Don't say that it's not a Kobe vs LeBron thing, the media may have created the hype machine, but Kobe and Lebron helped fuel it. Also, you can't have it both ways, you cannot say that the Lakers have the better supporting cast, but the Cavs would still beat the Lakers in a 7 game series. The idea of the 7 game series is that the better TEAM almost always wins.

Even if you hate Kobe, you cannot deny the role he plays and how he has lead that team. Take Kobe away, and the Lakers are NOT in the Finals. Take away Kobe's 40, 29, 31, and 32 points from these games against the Magic and the Lakers would lose. Same goes for James, if you take him away from the Cavs, they are not doing much of anything. Of course the Lakers have a better supporting cast, but it's not as if either team would hold up without their respective star player. I also think the same goes for the Magic and Dwight Howard. Thats pretty much how it works in the NBA. Yeah, it's a team game, but ultimately the biggest stars are the ones who end up having to carry the team on their shoulders. It's how we separate the good players from the great ones.

I don't doubt for one second that James has the talent to surpass Kobe in the long-run, but the hype still exists today, and when it comes right down to it, there is MORE involved than just numbers. You have to be CLUTCH, and LeBron is just not that guy yet. I like James, I really do, but he has shown that he is still young, and has some more maturing to do. I think he will get there, but I'm not sure it's gonna happen in Cleveland.

Oh, and that picture is not really offensive to LeBron, I just think it's a funny picture. Like I also said, I think the one thing that makes me even mention this is the plain and simple fact that LeBron has already been getting a lot more credit than he deserves, and the comparisons to Jordan are what really makes me laugh.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:43 AM

you cant say kobe> Lebron based on how both players team did against the magic... Look at the team Kobe has around him compared to lebron.... Mo williams is the second best player on the cavs
Old 06-13-2009, 01:06 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44
you cant say kobe> Lebron based on how both players team did against the magic... Look at the team Kobe has around him compared to lebron.... Mo williams is the second best player on the cavs
It's not just based on how they play against Orlando. It's based on accomplishments, leadership, and performance in the clutch. Kobe is still the guy I would rather have at this point when it comes down to winning when it matters. People can try to downplay Kobe by saying he has a better team around him, but that only goes so far. LeBron had more than a few chances to take control of those close games against Orlando, and that is what he needs to do. That is what the greats do when you are playing in do or die situations. I feel like LeBron already felt like he had lost in some respects, and that might be another part of why he left in a huff after getting eliminated. He is still young, and has a huge amount of talent and potential, but also has some room to grow.

Maybe next season will be different, but for now, I think it's clear who won the war of the puppets.

Last edited by J.B.; 06-13-2009 at 01:11 AM.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:45 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

I still hate Kobe. I've got mad respect for the man's game, but I'm a hater & proud of it.

Btw, the win last night is all Nelson/Fisher's fault. Both the trey to tie in reg & the one to take the lead in OT were made by Fisher when Nelson blew coverage.