Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 06-16-2009, 10:49 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
Is it a double standard when Limbaugh says the crap he spews? You keep playing the "I'm a victim because I'm a conservative christian" card and it really is amusing.

See rather than attacking what is HAPPENING IN THE HERE AND NOW, you just find a way to keep attacking a conservative. What Rush said was wrong, and it would not be the first time.

Do you condone what Letterman said?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-16-2009, 11:32 PM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default

I think if someone stands for office or whatever roles in the public eye (actors, etc etc) have to allow for a certain ridicule, criticisms, some tasteful, others not but can be called fair game. Their is of course boundaries here as well.

However people who haven't chose that such as Sarah Palin's daughter or Obama's or George Bush's children should never have to bear such things.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-17-2009, 01:44 AM
Buzzard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
See rather than attacking what is HAPPENING IN THE HERE AND NOW, you just find a way to keep attacking a conservative. What Rush said was wrong, and it would not be the first time.

Do you condone what Letterman said?
I haven't heard yet what he said, so I'm in no position to condone or rail against him for it. I only read about it through this forum and other online sources within the past fifteen minutes. If I do recall though, Bristol Palin was interviewed on her own after the elections and talked of her personal life, baby, etc. She then became a public figure on her own. Her pitching abstinence while becoming pregnant and having a baby out of wedlock opened her up for jabs. If she didn't want the attention, good or bad, she should have stayed out of the public eye and not sounded hypocritical in her views on abstinence.

How did I "just find a way to keep attacking a conservative?" Is it because I said Nate uses his "conservative christian" victim card? I've seen that card played often here.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-17-2009, 02:58 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
I haven't heard yet what he said, so I'm in no position to condone or rail against him for it. I only read about it through this forum and other online sources within the past fifteen minutes. If I do recall though, Bristol Palin was interviewed on her own after the elections and talked of her personal life, baby, etc. She then became a public figure on her own. Her pitching abstinence while becoming pregnant and having a baby out of wedlock opened her up for jabs. If she didn't want the attention, good or bad, she should have stayed out of the public eye and not sounded hypocritical in her views on abstinence.

How did I "just find a way to keep attacking a conservative?" Is it because I said Nate uses his "conservative christian" victim card? I've seen that card played often here.

See, WHY would you even respond with that post?

You are only out to rip on conservatives. You could have easily gathered what Letterman said, based on what I posted (but I am sure you think I am probably lying), or done a simple Google or YouTube. It would have taken you two minutes to do.

Instead, you try to make a comparison to something Rush Limbaugh said that WAS ALSO OUT OF LINE. You cannot justify bad behavior by pointing to other bad behavior. Nobody is on here justifying what Rush said. Also, if you did miss what Letterman said, then you have not been watching the news all week.

It does NOT matter that Bristol Palin had a daughter out of wedlock, yet still preaches abstinence. How old are you Buzzard? You cannot be a mature adult, or much of a man if you think it's okay to take shots at young girls, especially one who ONLY HAS A PLATFORM BECAUSE OF HER MOM'S POLITICAL POPULARITY. I DON'T CARE IF SHE IS 18 or 14. It shows NO class, and is a defenseless action in my opinion. If 10 years from now, Bristol is preaching one thing and doing another, and still has any sort of significant public platform, then you would have a case for taking shots at her. However, a young girl who is trying to do the right thing in her heart after making a mistake is not somebody you should be talking crap about. It's shows very little moral fiber to do so.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-17-2009, 04:41 PM
Buzzard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
See, WHY would you even respond with that post?
I responded with that post because that is the post I responded with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
You are only out to rip on conservatives. You could have easily gathered what Letterman said, based on what I posted (but I am sure you think I am probably lying), or done a simple Google or YouTube. It would have taken you two minutes to do.
I'm not out to rip on conservatives. I may rip on some of their policies, just as you and others like to rip on non-conservative policies. I was honest with you in not having heard about it until here. Would you rather I lied about it? Why would I think you are lying about it? You seem to be honest and haven't shown me any reasons to think of you as a liar. After I posted my response yesterday, I did search for the original source material and heard it with my own ears.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Instead, you try to make a comparison to something Rush Limbaugh said that WAS ALSO OUT OF LINE. You cannot justify bad behavior by pointing to other bad behavior. Nobody is on here justifying what Rush said. Also, if you did miss what Letterman said, then you have not been watching the news all week.
Yes, I brought up the Rush quote to show that conservatives also play that game. I wanted to keep it balanced. You are correct in that I haven't watched the news all week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
It does NOT matter that Bristol Palin had a daughter out of wedlock, yet still preaches abstinence.
Yes it does. Practice what you preach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
How old are you Buzzard? You cannot be a mature adult, or much of a man if you think it's okay to take shots at young girls, especially one who ONLY HAS A PLATFORM BECAUSE OF HER MOM'S POLITICAL POPULARITY. I DON'T CARE IF SHE IS 18 or 14. It shows NO class, and is a defenseless action in my opinion.
She is a young adult now, and became a public figure because of her mother and then because of herself when she allowed herself to be interview by a big news agency. Letterman's joke seemed more of a jab at A-rod and the other guy he joked about rather than Bristol. I'm not saying the joke was a class act, in fact it wasn't. It still was just a joke. Did you see the response from Letterman about it? I almost think that Sarah Palin used that to keep herself in the spotlight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
If 10 years from now, Bristol is preaching one thing and doing another, and still has any sort of significant public platform, then you would have a case for taking shots at her. However, a young girl who is trying to do the right thing in her heart after making a mistake is not somebody you should be talking crap about. It's shows very little moral fiber to do so.
It sure hasn't stopped members of this forum from taking shots at another in the news young female celebrity. I sure didn't see you say anything about how it showed a lack of moral fiber to those that participated in that thread. I think it would be safe to say that I have a strong moral code which I follow, and I do it for myself. You judging me makes me laugh.

Just remember, if you put yourself in the spotlight, don't complain about the attention, good or bad. For the record, I too thought the joke was in bad taste.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-17-2009, 05:11 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Buzzard, again, you are trying to compare apples and oranges. Megan Fox went out on a limb and said....

can you just take out all of the white trash, hillbilly, anti-gay, super bible-beating people in Middle America?


That is a VERY offensive comment, and she is a little bit older that 18. However, I commented in that thread and did not make any jokes about her being knocked up at a baseball game. I just said not to spend money on her movies.

There is NOTHING offensive about preaching abstinence to young women. Bristol Palin has every right to do that, and her experience makes her a good candidate to do so. It just bothers you that she is a conservative, that's the double standard. You can mention Rush, but you are only doing it to argue with conservatives on this forum, not to make an actual point. Nobody should condone bad behavior and try to justify it by pointing to other bad behavior.

Oh, and if you TRULY think that Letterman was trying to take a shot at A-Rod, then I cannot help you. You are too far gone. Sure, it's "just a joke", until somebody makes it about your daughter, or your side of the argument.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-17-2009, 05:15 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,480
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Instead, you try to make a comparison to something Rush Limbaugh said that WAS ALSO OUT OF LINE. You cannot justify bad behavior by pointing to other bad behavior. Nobody is on here justifying what Rush said. Also, if you did miss what Letterman said, then you have not been watching the news all week.
That is what my children do! "Well he hit me yesterday!" "He kicked my dirt hill down the other day. So that is why I hit him on the head with my tonka truck!"



No need in pointing out correct behavior because they both play that game, right?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06-17-2009, 05:25 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
That is what my children do! "Well he hit me yesterday!" "He kicked my dirt hill down the other day. So that is why I hit him on the head with my tonka truck!"



No need in pointing out correct behavior because they both play that game, right?


very true!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.