Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 06-12-2009, 05:53 PM
atomdanger

Eh... I bought my first rifle. (Rock River Arms)
Old 06-13-2009, 12:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
"we can create a modern international community that is respectful, that is secure, that is prosperous; that there are not tensions, inevitable tensions, between cultures, which I think is extraordinarily important."

I liked this part.
Yeah, it's nice, but it's not realistic. Obama's "rainbows and puppy dogs" approach to foreign affairs is going to get lots of Americans killed; but that might be his intent.

The more I see of this man, the more I suspect that his only goal is to cripple and ultimately destroy America.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:00 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Yeah, it's nice, but it's not realistic. Obama's "rainbows and puppy dogs" approach to foreign affairs is going to get lots of Americans killed; but that might be his intent.

The more I see of this man, the more I suspect that his only goal is to cripple and ultimately destroy America.
Sadly you're not the first person to say that.

I hear it a lot... Maybe it isn't realistic, but i think we do need to TRY
to get along with other countries, but do so without comprising our beliefs or way of life.
Old 06-13-2009, 04:02 AM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR

right and your boy bush wasn't responsible for thousands ... get real man, your boy lead americans into a useless war for no reason and got thousands killed ... so don't talk about barack getting them killed ... i don't know how dubya sleeps at nite knowing these soldiers died on his watch for no reason ...
Old 06-13-2009, 04:09 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
right and your boy bush wasn't responsible for thousands ... get real man, your boy lead americans into a useless war for no reason and got thousands killed ... so don't talk about barack getting them killed ... i don't know how dubya sleeps at nite knowing these soldiers died on his watch for no reason ...
Question: Can a president of the United States declare and engage in war?
Old 06-13-2009, 04:49 AM
Administrator

[BRAINWASHED LIBERAL RANT]
Quote:
[/BRAINWASHED LIBERAL RANT]

There's just so much stupidity in your post that I can't even begin to reply. If you really think that Iraq was a useless war, then you are hopelessly brainwashed by the liberal media and there is no hope for you.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:26 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
I might be incorrect, but Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution states "The Congress shall have power To declare war, grant letters of marque and reprisal, and make rules concerning captures on land and water;".

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but Bush never served in Congress.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:36 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
I might be incorrect, but Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution states "The Congress shall have power To declare war, grant letters of marque and reprisal, and make rules concerning captures on land and water;".

Man, thank goodness I clicked "refresh" before I replied. I was about to write up your exact post for so that RNC could understand what Denise was trying to say, but you beat me to the punch. Thanks for saving me some time & what little shreds of dignity I have left around here!!
Old 06-13-2009, 11:52 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Answer:

Yes, it is possible for a President of The United States to declaire and Engage in War in two ways

As Prosecuter

There are Two Barriers he must overcome. The First is it must be Legal within his own Law. This mean he must get approval from his Government first. Then he needs Approval from the International Community by way of a Sanctioning United Nations Vote. The reason for this is simple. A country has no jurisdiction outside of its Soverignty. The Country you war with is not US soil, therefore you need a world opinion on the matter before you tread on anothers soil.

Once both are obtained, the President may do what he wishes outside of his Jurisdiction in regards to the Nation against which he is fighting. He shall also be entitled to complimentary Troops from other Organisations of an International Standing, Probably members of the Security Council, Possibly a Force by the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation, or a selection of Troops forming a United Nations envoy of some type.

As Defendant

If The United States is attacked by another Force whether provoked or not, it has an immediate right to respond should it wish to. The result may be warfare. This action does not need the specific approval of the International Community, and is taken as a given that the Government would support the President in such an activity.

These Guidelines are not applicable to a case of Civil War.
These Guidelines do not sanction genocide or war crimes
These Guidelines are subject to Human Rights of the Enemy during warfare as specified under The Geneva Convention (please note not all Countries abide by this in every respect at war, and I personally dont vouch for everything specified, for example, I am pro-use of Torture under interogation which is strictly forbidden)

Hope that helps
Old 06-13-2009, 01:09 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Answer:

Yes, it is possible for a President of The United States to declaire and Engage in War in two ways
Fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Man, thank goodness I clicked "refresh" before I replied. I was about to write up your exact post for so that RNC could understand what Denise was trying to say, but you beat me to the punch. Thanks for saving me some time & what little shreds of dignity I have left around here!!
Thank you!