Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-10-2009, 11:06 PM
atomdanger

Default Drew McFedries kicked out of MFS gym

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...8946&zoneid=13

Quote:
Following a 37-second destruction of Xavier Foupa-Pokam last month, McFedries said his work with Matt Pena and the HIT Squad, headed by former MFS regulars Matt Hughes and Robbie Lawler, was a key factor in his victory.

“I really didn’t get a lot of support from my own team at MFS,” said McFedries. “Which is sad, that’s my hometown.”

McFedries said Miletich contacted him after the fight and told him it was “time to move on.” After returning to Bettendorf, McFedries attended a meeting with gym’s regulars, including Miletich, and the decision was made final.

Miletich initially told AOL Fanhouse he was taken aback by McFedries’ statement.

"My entire team and myself were furious with Drew McFedries because we worked our ass off to get him ready for that fight," he said. "Four different guys offered to go with him to that fight (and) he turned them all down. He went and took one of his buddies to the fight. Then, he not only thanked guys from another camp, which is fine, but it could have stopped there. But to say what he said about his teammates and his team for no logical reason was wrong. He needs to either apologize to his team and do an interview stating the true facts of what went on, or I think there's probably going to be some issues.”
Wow.... I wonder where Drew is headed now?
I didn't even notice that he said that after his fight.
Did anybody else?
Old 06-10-2009, 11:50 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...8946&zoneid=13

Wow.... I wonder where Drew is headed now?
I didn't even notice that he said that after his fight.
Did anybody else?
this is old news...we were talking about it in serveral other threads.

Poor Drew was a little upset at being...erm told to move on...He was upset because noone from his own camp came out to support him or corner him, sooo he gravitated towards the MFS affiliates, and the HIT Squad, Hughes, Lawler, Pena...were all there...so thats what he meant by mentioning them. He can get quite moody, he had an off day and he started saying comments at the post fight press conference that upset people back at MFS when they heard...and think they feel unappreciated, and I dont think its the first time Drew has been a little bit...difficult and moody.

He wrote a BIG blog on myspace all about it. He feels really quite bad about it all
Old 06-10-2009, 11:57 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn

Poor Drew was a little upset at being...erm told to move on...He was upset because noone from his own camp came out to support him or corner him, sooo he gravitated towards the MFS affiliates, and the HIT Squad, Hughes, Lawler, Pena...were all there...so thats what he meant by mentioning them. He can get quite moody, he had an off day and he started saying comments at the post fight press conference that upset people back at MFS when they heard...and think they feel unappreciated, and I dont think its the first time Drew has been a little bit...difficult and moody.

He wrote a BIG blog on myspace all about it. He feels really quite bad about it all
Really?

I remember some talk about people thinking Drew trained at HIT Squad,
but I never heard Pat kicked him out of the gym.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:57 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn

Really?

I remember some talk about people thinking Drew trained at HIT Squad,
but I never heard Pat kicked him out of the gym.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:39 AM
CHITOWNHUGHESFAN

First I heard of this...............To bad. Think there is little more to this. I supported MFS and there fighters. But wow. MFS disappoints me on this issue. Hope Drew goes to HIT Squad. MFS needs to settle issues a little better then that. WAR DREW !!
Old 06-11-2009, 12:48 AM
Hughes_GOAT

damn, Pat isn't playing!
Old 06-11-2009, 01:37 AM
Jason 16

who is still at mfs of the original guys?
Old 06-11-2009, 01:39 AM
Hughes_GOAT

probably just Pat
Old 06-11-2009, 01:55 AM
Miss Foxy

Without pointing the finger at anyone since none of us really know what goes or went on. Sometimes its a good thing to end an unhealthy relationship. Hopefully he will take this as a learning experience and find somewhere that can better fit his mental, physical, and emotional needs. Good luck Drew.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:02 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
Without pointing the finger at anyone since none of us really know what goes or went on. Sometimes its a good thing to end an unhealthy relationship. Hopefully he will take this as a learning experience and find somewhere that can better fit his mental, physical, and emotional needs. Good luck Drew.
Pat > Drew

that's right, i said it!

but Dana > Pat