Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 06-10-2009, 08:21 PM
atomdanger

Default EA Sports Says There Are Enough "Unaffiliated" Fighters to Compete with UFC game

http://www.cagepotato.com/ea-sports-...ufc-undisputed
Quote:
Last week we mentioned that the video game barons at EA Sports were planning on putting out their own MMA game in 2010 to rival THQ’s “UFC Undisputed” and we wondered out loud, just who the hell did they think they could put in this thing? Turns out they’ve thought of that. MMA Payout pointed us to this article in the Financial Times Tech Blog where EA’s chief executive, John Riccitiello claims that there are plenty of fighters to choose from because “[m]ost of the athletes in mixed martial arts are unaffiliated.”
Hmm... interesting, very interesting.
I don't think they will do well at all, a lot of guys on the UFC game aren't in the UFC,
but still signed away the likeness rights.

What do you guys think?
Old 06-10-2009, 09:02 PM
Hughes_GOAT

i think EA is correct!
Old 06-10-2009, 09:08 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
http://www.cagepotato.com/ea-sports-...ufc-undisputed

Hmm... interesting, very interesting.
I don't think they will do well at all, a lot of guys on the UFC game aren't in the UFC,
but still signed away the likeness rights.

What do you guys think?
The game will do fine, simply because it's an EA Sports title. They could use made up fighters and it would still probably do OKAY.

Will it compete with UFC Undisputed? It's WAY too early to even guess. Gotta wait until I see the gameplay and graphics to even make that comparison.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Hughes_GOAT

it will have Fedor, that's all i care about!
Old 06-10-2009, 09:57 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
it will have Fedor, that's all i care about!
You make a point. O_o
Old 06-10-2009, 09:59 PM
Crisco

Everyone who likes MMA and is a gamer will buy the game.

It's not all about the fighters it's about the game play. If it has solid gameplay people will buy it plain and simple.

The MMA community has been starved for gaming material for years. Will the introduction of the UFC game it's a great idea.

The ufc game did well and the controls worked out decently. Now that everyone see's how and that it can infact be done it will only improve over time.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:18 PM
StizzoFoShizzo

I know WEC is owned by Zuffa, but I wonder if they sign likeness agreements like UFC fighters do. Same thing with strikeforce. Did they sign any kind of likeness contract in strikeforce? I'm really interested in which organizations are gonna be involved in this.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:23 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by StizzoFoShizzo
I know WEC is owned by Zuffa, but I wonder if they sign likeness agreements like UFC fighters do. Same thing with strikeforce. Did they sign any kind of likeness contract in strikeforce? I'm really interested in which organizations are gonna be involved in this.
No one from WEC will be in the game unless Dana OK's it. Which I don't think he will.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:38 PM
Maldonado136

they wont sell nearly as many copies as undisputed. brand name recognition may not matter to us but to most casual fans it will. there is no doubt that many many people who played undisputed think that the sport is called ufc not mma. plus they wont be able to hype it as well as the ufc hyped their game
Old 06-10-2009, 10:41 PM
jason2130

if it has a decent create a fighter and career mode it will do ok regardless

i dont know about most people but ive used the UFC fighters maybe 10% of the time? if friends are over we battle it out with our UFC favorites, but when everyone is gone its back to career mode, or taking one of my homemade monster online to battle others

a EA game will be no different to me atleast, il be buying a game based on how the gameplay looks, not the roster of fighters on it