Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-09-2009, 09:20 PM

I like Kongo, and i would love him to get a shot.

He has been flirting around it for a long time now!

If you watch the whole thing, he seems like a real cool dude

Last edited by Jonlion; 06-09-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:13 AM
sender

Congos a douch man! That fight against crocop he would have lost had he not hit him in the balls every freakin round.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:28 AM
atomdanger

Yeah.

Sadly I think a lot of guys do dirty things during fights.
To me, I wouldn't want that win, you know? I wanna know who is the better fighter,
I don't want to rack up meaningless wins.

But a lot of people see it as, big deal you get a point taken,
maybe a warning, but you can maybe finish easier.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:19 AM
County Mike

5 minutes is not enough time to recover from a serious shot to the bags. It is definitely an advantage to crush a guys nuts, even if you lose a point, he won't be the same fighter after 5 minutes.

The problem is, the guys are tough and continue to fight anyway. If the guy who got sacked refuses to continue, it would normally be a no contest. Better than a loss, but they know the fans would be upset so they fight anyway.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Krupp

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
5 minutes is not enough time to recover from a serious shot to the bags. It is definitely an advantage to crush a guys nuts, even if you lose a point, he won't be the same fighter after 5 minutes.

The problem is, the guys are tough and continue to fight anyway. If the guy who got sacked refuses to continue, it would normally be a no contest. Better than a loss, but they know the fans would be upset so they fight anyway.
I remember the first (and last) time my beauties took a vicious shot. It was during my second year of wrestling. I was wrestling a kid from a school on the far end of the region. I had him in a bear hug, trying to trip him, and as we were turning, he nailed me. Whether he did it on purpose or not, I'll never know, but as weird as it is, the knee slammed into my 'region' quite hard. I've seen my brother, a bigger, tougher guy than me, go down after taking softer knees like that. So in other words, I don't know man. Some people can take a shot better than others. Of course, taking a knee from a professional is a lot different than taking one from a high school wrestler.

With that said, moving on...Kongo is going to be Cain's toughest threat. I like Cain every time I see him now. He's a great rookie, and he's getting better every time he steps back into the ring. There's only one thing keeping me from having complete confidence in Cain and putting some money down on him...it's Kongo's size, and stength. I can't help but wonder if Cain can actually get this guy down to the ground. If he can? Easy win. Should be easy, anyway. I recall reading an interview on the UFC website about Cain talking about how he's never been rocked or knocked out before, and he's not worried about Kongo's standup. If he goes into the fight with that mindset and focuses on striking instead of setting up takedowns, then I am sure Kongo will take this fight. Kongo's striking has taken men and put them down for good. Cain will have to tread lightly.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:40 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by sender
Congos a douch man! That fight against crocop he would have lost had he not hit him in the balls every freakin round.
come on, he owned CC in every aspect of that fight .. CC is done ... they do that fight again and chech wins by TKO
Old 06-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
i also think CC did a little acting job ... when overeem did it, he knew he was in trouble, so he did another acting job ...
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles...t-Losses-17878
3. Mirko Cro Cop vs. Alistair Overeem

3. Mirko Cro Cop vs. Alistair Overeem
Dream Middleweight Grand Prix Final, September 23, 2008 – Saitama, Japan

Preceding the battle of possibly the two best heavyweight kickboxers in MMA was a heated war of words that started at Sherdog.com. Overeem challenged Filipovic, who had just returned to Japan after a hit-and-miss stint in the UFC, to a fight. Cro Cop’s battered body –- he would later undergo knee and elbow surgery -- prevented the fight from happening in July. In September, the quarreling couple was finally on a collision course though.

Overeem was hell-bent on using a potential victory over the ever-popular Cro Cop as his personal launching pad. In the fight, he brutally beat down the Croatian on the ground and cut him above the eyebrow. With Cro Cop visibly shaken, Alistair hunted for the kill on its feet. But he took one tip too many from Barnett’s second fight with the Croatian and kneed Cro Cop’s thighs and ribs repeatedly, until he drifted below the waistline.

Filipovic was unable to continue and the bout was ruled a no contest. The diagnosis afterward was a testicle that had been pushed into Cro Cop’s abdominal cavity. Though technically not a loss, Cro Cop was clearly getting the worst of the beating –- a sight rarely seen before this.

Acting job my ass
Old 06-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
come on, he owned CC in every aspect of that fight .. CC is done ... they do that fight again and chech wins by TKO
Your hate for CC makes you act like a fool. He will do better now.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:03 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike

I know there will be people who disagree, but when I played football in school I took nasty shot to the sack,
and I swear my junk hurt for 2 days.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Krupp

It's like I said, dude. Some guys can take a shot better than others. Doesn't mean they have balls or steel or anything; just means that it doesn't hurt the same way it hurts others.