Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-03-2009, 05:27 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
Herb said it to GSP multiple times and did nothing.
he also warned him about grabbing shorts in the first. GSP hadn't had the Vaseline applied yet so he couldn't get Penn down. it's hard to push down on head and shoulders, stuffing takedowns, when your opponent is greased, LOL.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:55 AM

You can pick and choose plenty of examples from numerous refs that have been in the UFC. That doesn't mean they are bad. It means they are human, and if they've made mistakes that bad, I would assume they were disciplined in some way, or wouldn't be still ref'ing.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:44 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R
You can pick and choose plenty of examples from numerous refs that have been in the UFC. That doesn't mean they are bad. It means they are human, and if they've made mistakes that bad, I would assume they were disciplined in some way, or wouldn't be still ref'ing.
i agree in a sense. however, we're talking illegal shots to the back of the head, not something like determining if someone is finished or not. stopping a fight is judgment call. illegal shots, warnings and then penalties aren't. Tito got points taken for grabbing the cage against Rashad and that's a main reason Rashad didn't lose. Sylvia and Liddell are allowed to grab the cage at will. Mir was allowed to grab the cage against Sylvia, twice, and lock in that armbar. i guess that's karma for Sylvia? or maybe he hadn't started grabbing the cage yet?

Dana thinks Mazz sucks BTW.