Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 06-10-2009, 07:42 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
I disagree with this part. But Agree with everything else you said.

I have never seen anybody hit right, and have the outside bones in their hand break,
They broke because his punch landed funny, either he threw it wrong,
or brown was moving. But either way, its the punchers fault.
He could have thrown it wrong, or Brown could have moved to a point where the punch would have landed in an awkward angle. Still it's not Fabers fault it happened nor is it Browns. It's a freak accident in which a bunch of weird circumstances had to happen in order for it to happen.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
He could have thrown it wrong, or Brown could have moved to a point where the punch would have landed in an awkward angle. Still it's not Fabers fault it happened nor is it Browns. It's a freak accident in which a bunch of weird circumstances had to happen in order for it to happen.
No Logrus. A "freak accident in which a bunch of weired circumstances had to happen" is the sorta thing you say about The Leg of Correy Hill.

Poor Technique, or poor judgement on when to throw, is not "weired circumstances" and the resulting injury is far from a "Freak Accident"
Old 06-10-2009, 07:59 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
No Logrus. A "freak accident in which a bunch of weired circumstances had to happen" is the sorta thing you say about The Leg of Correy Hill.

Poor Technique, or poor judgement on when to throw, is not "weired circumstances" and the resulting injury is far from a "Freak Accident"
Exactly.

If I go into a fight and do everything right, I cannot break my hand from a punch
Old 06-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Exactly.

If I go into a fight and do everything right, I cannot break my hand from a punch
I disagree.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:26 AM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
I disagree.
I also disagree
Old 06-11-2009, 01:27 AM
Jason 16

Quote:

And we all know you just dont like Logrus so Iam not going to bother
Old 06-11-2009, 03:45 AM
logrus

Quote:

You could argue that point for Hill as well, that his leg was nothing more then a result of poor technique. Then again you have to remember how many times hes kicked that same kick, had the kick checked.

You have to remember when you punch even at that mili second it was a perfect time, by the time it arrives at the target it could turn into a bad one. One move to the left right, back or ducking the hand changes the point of impact and the angle of said impact.

Then you have to look at the hand prior to the fight, was there a preexisting hairline or a stress fracture. Then again it is very simple to get a stress fracture with perfect form. Runners are known to get stress fractures in their angles and feet just by running.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:45 PM
ufcfan2

I know ppl like bringing up other fighters who have had broken bones and continued on and won. However; everyone handles them differently so I won't dismiss Faber as a wuss as again everyone handles injuries differently. I don't blame Faber not wanting to keep punching with that hand,why take a chance of permantly damaging ur money makers. There will be other fights and other chances at the title,so why take that risk.
If he was healthy would of he won? Not sure were not gonna know until sometime down the line. I'm pretty positive there will be a 3rd fight whether its a titlefight or a contendors match down the road.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:17 PM
County Mike

You can definitely throw a correct punch and still have your hand break. You can throw a proper kick and have your foot break. I suppose you can spit it a million different ways but if you throw a proper punch, but hit your opponent in the forehead, you can still break your hand. How you choose to pass the blame could go a million ways, but it doesn't mean he was punching wrong. The bones in the hand aren't very large. They aren't THAT hard to break.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:33 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
You can definitely throw a correct punch and still have your hand break. You can throw a proper kick and have your foot break. I suppose you can spit it a million different ways but if you throw a proper punch, but hit your opponent in the forehead, you can still break your hand. How you choose to pass the blame could go a million ways, but it doesn't mean he was punching wrong. The bones in the hand aren't very large. They aren't THAT hard to break.
Here you have it from someone who trains MMA more then he posts.

Don't worry Mike I never saw you agree with me.