Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 06-09-2009, 02:28 AM
Stump Rules!

That's just the pass around pic that mma fighters use to show why they lost

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 06-09-2009, 02:36 AM
sender

Mines well have rich franklin fight anderson again... he did make it to the second round the second fight, maybe if he fights him again he'll make it to the 3ird or fourth and eventualy if he keeps fighting him he can win once...
Old 06-09-2009, 03:27 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
I agree.

Old 06-09-2009, 03:44 AM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
Iam shocked BJ hasnt used it
Old 06-09-2009, 04:10 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Its no excuse, he is the one who punched wrong and broke his own hand.
When you're striking is so unorthodox this is going to happen,
but the bottom line is, if he was the better man he would have won anyway.

Fedor has broken his hand in several fights,
he also fought Mark Hunt with broken toes.

Rich Franklin, broke his hand, still won.

The better fighter usually wins (aside from some odd occurrences),
and Brown has beaten Faber twice in convincing fashion.
IMO, if Faber wouldn't have been backpeddling so much, he would have been finished.
First you wont see Brown vs Faber anytime soon. Faber will be pinned up and in a cast for the better part of 2-4 months, then you have another 1-4 months just to get it strong enough to start to train MMA. So in that time frame Brown could possibly become an after thought anyways, 6 month to a yar tops before we see Faber compete.

You can punch right and still break your hand, it depends on how the fighter is moving during the punch and where the intended strike lands. Then there are times when you just hit the right spot and pop,

Some fighters can handle the pain of a broken hand or a shattered hand, and some can not. But you can't forget to take into account each mans break, how it broke, when it broke and how there body reacted to the trauma itself. I broke my hand across to bones and was fine til I tried to put a little weight on my forearm to get it, and it made me nearly pass out, at one point I thought I dislocated my finger again and even tried to pop it back in but gave up cause it wasn't working.

Brown won but I wasn't impressed on that night considering Faber had no right hand pretty much the whole fight.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:39 AM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
First you wont see Brown vs Faber anytime soon. Faber will be pinned up and in a cast for the better part of 2-4 months, then you have another 1-4 months just to get it strong enough to start to train MMA. So in that time frame Brown could possibly become an after thought anyways, 6 month to a yar tops before we see Faber compete.

You can punch right and still break your hand, it depends on how the fighter is moving during the punch and where the intended strike lands. Then there are times when you just hit the right spot and pop,

Some fighters can handle the pain of a broken hand or a shattered hand, and some can not. But you can't forget to take into account each mans break, how it broke, when it broke and how there body reacted to the trauma itself. I broke my hand across to bones and was fine til I tried to put a little weight on my forearm to get it, and it made me nearly pass out, at one point I thought I dislocated my finger again and even tried to pop it back in but gave up cause it wasn't working.

Brown won but I wasn't impressed on that night considering Faber had no right hand pretty much the whole fight.
+1
QFT
IAgree
Good post
thats what I have been trying to say
Old 06-10-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16
http://www.mmatko.com/urijah-fabers-...d-post-wec-41/

this happened in the first round and I think it make the difference in the fight. not just in the way of punching but for the chokes he tried near the end. I think his left hand was hurt aswell. he was throwing the left hook as a slap like in king of Pancreas
This is a pretty nast break. I had a similar break to my hand a few years back and it is painful.

[
Old 06-10-2009, 02:27 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16
+1
QFT
IAgree
Good post
thats what I have been trying to say
See I don't always start trouble, it's usually only half the time.

Another thing is Faber could have possibly entered the fight unknowingly with a stress fracture in the hand. I know a lot of runners who have had stress fractures in their foot and still managed to run a marathon or a triathlon.

Looking at the picture break #2 would possibly be ok enough to continue striking especially with a good tape job, the first break is so bad you know every time he striked it was doing more damage to the inside of his hand and shifting even worse.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:02 PM

B. looks like a complete fracture if you look really close, and I think C. is a problem area too. That overlap may be caused by swelling though. not sure. Where's Amy when we need her?

[
Old 06-10-2009, 07:09 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus

You can punch right and still break your hand, it depends on how the fighter is moving during the punch and where the intended strike lands. Then there are times when you just hit the right spot and pop
I disagree with this part. But Agree with everything else you said.

I have never seen anybody hit right, and have the outside bones in their hand break,
They broke because his punch landed funny, either he threw it wrong,
or brown was moving. But either way, its the punchers fault.