Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-02-2009, 04:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
Nathan! Oh, my, be still my heart! That picture of Matt on the cover of that magazine is just DELICIOUS! And that's just his head and the top half of his torso!
That's the first picture of Matt I ever saw, I didn't even follow the UFC before that. It's from the Feb/March 2003 issue and it's just my way of reminding people of what Matt's accomplished.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
Tell it to her Goat...

He didn't "tell" me much, Michelle. Anything you want to add?

I mean I can let my mind fill in the blanks from what Goat said and ask does the commission "want" it this way to say "fix" or "sway" the fight one way or the other?
Old 02-02-2009, 04:35 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
That's the first picture of Matt I ever saw, I didn't even follow the UFC before that. It's from the Feb/March 2003 issue and it's just my way of reminding people of what Matt's accomplished.
i've never seen a chin like that without a cleft.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:39 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:

I mean I can let my mind fill in the blanks from what Goat said and ask does the commission "want" it this way to say "fix" or "sway" the fight one way or the other?
it obviously gives the bigger fighter an advantage in weight and probably strength, if they are bigger because of muscle, rather than fat.

i would like to see them weighed right before the fight, if for anything, to see the discrepancy in weight from the time of the weigh in. they show the tale of the tape and they're the same weight or off by a pound or two. the reality is that one of them is at least 10 pounds heavier at fight time.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Put a breastplate on him and a spear in his hand and I could easily see him as a gladiator back in that era.

He has accomplished so much in his life to date. I wonder if he realizes how many lives he's touched through his fighting, this forum, his charities and so on. I think he is a special person indeed.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:48 AM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
,BJ is not a natural 155 pounder he has trouble making weight a lot of the time.
yes he is. and when has BJ ever had trouble making weight for 155?
Old 02-02-2009, 05:12 AM
logrus

Boxing does that from time to time I see and the weight gain is not much. The only question being are they actually around their weight class to begin with.

I am around the fitness industry through friends and coworkers and the are all curious about what Gsp actually does. There is a certain threshold the body can withstand before it reverts to a cannibal state. I just don't see that with Gsp. The guy can run a marathon, then at the finish line go five rounds on the ground with world class BJJ and we see no difference in his figure. Not only that but the man trains like that all the time.

PEople hear steroids or HgH and the automatically think Ronnie Colemen or Arnold. Thats further from the case. They are just as much for recovery purposes and endurance training, not just getting huge.

You can peak at 1 or two aspects. But he is peaking at every aspect with no ill effects makes me question it.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:14 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
Boxing does that from time to time I see and the weight gain is not much. The only question being are they actually around their weight class to begin with.

I am around the fitness industry through friends and coworkers and the are all curious about what Gsp actually does. There is a certain threshold the body can withstand before it reverts to a cannibal state. I just don't see that with Gsp. The guy can run a marathon, then at the finish line go five rounds on the ground with world class BJJ and we see no difference in his figure. Not only that but the man trains like that all the time.

PEople hear steroids or HgH and the automatically think Ronnie Colemen or Arnold. Thats further from the case. They are just as much for recovery purposes and endurance training, not just getting huge.
that's what i've been trying to say. you can' train like GSP and not overtrain. you have to use steroids or HGH to recover if you workout as hard as he does.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:15 AM
Stump Rules!

Why yes, I would like to add something here Bonnie....GSP IS AWESOME!

Quote:

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-02-2009, 05:17 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
yes he is. and when has BJ ever had trouble making weight for 155?
there you go