Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 02-02-2009, 04:24 AM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 9,794
Default

Are you kidding? I love me!



Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
really?well now lets see,,if my math is right and it usually is that will make 1 of you,, hope you dont feel intimidated by such a big group,,
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-02-2009, 04:26 AM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
WOW,,do you ever read some of the stuff you put in here?

you are a very bitter guy just grasping at anything you can think of for an excuse why BJ lost,,

CRY BABY J asked for this fight and shot his mouth off the whole time leading up to it and at the same time he trained for this fight in a half ass way not because he didn't think he needed to train but because he was just to lazy to bother,,

GSP trained as hard as he possibly could and because he was stronger fast and in way better shape your saying he was on something?

take the blinders off,,Baby J is just lazy,,he was relying on his talent to get him through and talent is just not enough against a guy like GSP you need to put the work in.

as far as GSP being on something last night?

like i said before he was,,just ask BJ,,i'm sure he could tell you what the ceiling of the building look like,
i'm not bitter, i like GSP.

BJ trained but he trained naturally and GSP is highly questionable.

GSP is a natural 185 and probably could fight at 205. BJ is a natural 155 so losing to GSP is nothing horrible. he was smaller and weaker, but BJ always goes for the big fights.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-02-2009, 04:34 AM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ2be
You obviously dont really know a lot of about HGH, or steroids for that matter. GSP has been the same size since being in the UFC(he may be a little bigger). If he was using HGH then he would grow as well as being very cardio savy. Growing leads to more mass which leads to more weight. How is not possible to have his body and be strong? If your diet is spot on whicj GSP's is then you will not "shut down". Yes GSP is very lean, but he stays lean year round so this is just the norm for him. I would say he is about 6-8% body fat which certainly possible to be strong at the same time. So yes you can be peaked in the same area. Gsp and Jon Fitch looked just about the same at the weigh in's(body wise), and they both looked real small, deffiantly not a GH body. Now Thiago Alves on the other hand is a bit fishy. He was noticably bigger when he fought Hughes.
i know plenty, my body says so. with that being said, he's slightly bigger than when he started and just because he's on it doesn't mean he will continuously grow. you only continuously grow if you increase dosages...he obviously has a limit, if he's taking, and that's all. he wants to fight at 170 so no need to increase much.

most people think if you train hard and diet you'll be set. that's Hollywood. the human body can only recover so much from working out. GSP does way too much not to be on something. his body and anyone's body for that matter, can only recover so much. if you want to workout harder and longer, be able to recover faster, you use steroids or HGH.

guys can't workout 6 hours a day 5 to 7 days a week and not overtrain unless they are on something. it's not humanly possible.

it's ok though, a lot of guys are using, BJ just isn't one of them. Alves definitely is.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-02-2009, 04:41 AM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
i'm not bitter, i like GSP.

BJ trained but he trained naturally and GSP is highly questionable.

GSP is a natural 185 and probably could fight at 205. BJ is a natural 155 so losing to GSP is nothing horrible. he was smaller and weaker, but BJ always goes for the big fights.

GSP is highly questionable to you because your not use to seeing some one that has devoted his life to this and even between fights he trains,,as far as BJ training for this fight?maybe he did but he didn't train any where near as much as GSP did and that really is the difference here,as far as the difference in weight go's georges walks around about 185 because he gets himself a lot of exercise between fights and BJ walks around about 180 because he gets himself a lot of food between fights,,BJ is not a natural 155 pounder he has trouble making weight a lot of the time.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-02-2009, 04:45 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
i'm not bitter, i like GSP.

BJ trained but he trained naturally and GSP is highly questionable.

GSP is a natural 185 and probably could fight at 205. BJ is a natural 155 so losing to GSP is nothing horrible. he was smaller and weaker, but BJ always goes for the big fights.
Goat, ?, if you please: I've wondered, why do some of these fighters who are already at a "natural" weight for a certain weight class not fighting in that weight class instead of cutting weight to downsize for the class below?

Why isn't GSP and Alves fighting at middleweight?
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-02-2009, 05:10 AM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
GSP is highly questionable to you because your not use to seeing some one that has devoted his life to this and even between fights he trains,,as far as BJ training for this fight?maybe he did but he didn't train any where near as much as GSP did and that really is the difference here,as far as the difference in weight go's georges walks around about 185 because he gets himself a lot of exercise between fights and BJ walks around about 180 because he gets himself a lot of food between fights,,BJ is not a natural 155 pounder he has trouble making weight a lot of the time.
you can devote your life all you want...GSP definitely does moreso than Penn but the human body can only do so much naturally. too many people are under the assumption that as long as you train hard, diet and say your prayers, you can do anything. you can achieve a lot for sure, but nothing like GSP. you have set limits as a human....steroids and HGH were created to increase those limits.

GSP walks around 190 at least and maybe 195 or so i've heard.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-02-2009, 05:13 AM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
Goat, ?, if you please: I've wondered, why do some of these fighters who are already at a "natural" weight for a certain weight class not fighting in that weight class instead of cutting weight to downsize for the class below?

Why isn't GSP and Alves fighting at middleweight?
they do it because they can be bigger and stronger than the natural guys. GSP and others who cut at least 1 weight class will usually weigh 15 pounds more at fight time. that's why commentators say so and so is big for whatever weight class they're in.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-02-2009, 05:21 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
they do it because they can be bigger and stronger than the natural guys. GSP and others who cut at least 1 weight class will usually weigh 15 pounds more at fight time. that's why commentators say so and so is big for whatever weight class they're in.
Why don't they weigh them right before the fight so that they are "really" fighting at "that" weight class so it's "fair". Everyone talked about how big Alves looked in his fight with Matt. I for one did not believe his "story" about his ankle. So why not hold them to the "actual" weight for that class at the time of the fight?

Oh, I forgot to ask earlier also, what is the effect on their bodies with all this "cutting" and then gaining the weight back over time? It seems like it would take it's toll. Just for the record (in my totally uneducated opinion regarding this type of hardcore training), I believe what you are saying about it not being possible for these guys to train like this 6-7 days/week for hours/day without some type of wear/tear eventually taking its toll.

Last edited by Bonnie; 02-02-2009 at 05:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-02-2009, 05:22 AM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 9,794
Default

Tell it to her Goat...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
Why don't they weigh them right before the fight so that they are "really" fighting at "that" weight class so it's "fair". Everyone talked about how big Alves looked in his fight with Matt. I for one did not believe his "story" about his ankle. So why not hold them to the "actual" weight for that class at the time of the fight?
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-02-2009, 05:27 AM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
Why don't they weigh them right before the fight so that they are "really" fighting at "that" weight class so it's "fair". Everyone talked about how big Alves looked in his fight with Matt. I for one did not believe his "story" about his ankle. So why not hold them to the "actual" weight for that class at the time of the fight?
that's how the athletic commission wants it.....it would be interesting to have guys fight at the same weight at fight time.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.