Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111  
Old 02-04-2009, 04:41 PM
cds
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

One thing Ive learned about the internet and computers. Pictures do lie. Its extrememly easy to augment photos to look suspicious.....NateR you should know this as well comming from a graphics background.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 02-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,842
Default

I dont see whats wrong with his breasts...looks to me like he's just got a bit fatter and maybe slightly older

Not sure you can tell much from photographs...but he looks...alright to me
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 02-04-2009, 04:59 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I dont see whats wrong with his breasts...looks to me like he's just got a bit fatter and maybe slightly older

Not sure you can tell much from photographs...but he looks...alright to me

Not touching that one AT ALL!
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 02-04-2009, 05:11 PM
cds
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I dont see whats wrong with his breasts...looks to me like he's just got a bit fatter and maybe slightly older

Not sure you can tell much from photographs...but he looks...alright to me

Here is what Im talking about .......total 3 min of photoshop.

Both are the same pic.

Original:


And the Photoshop version(depicting possible roid side affects):
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 02-05-2009, 12:57 AM
Black Mamba
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn
You know it baby! I'd smack that up, flip it and rub it down!
Ditto. Took the words right out of my mouth.

Last edited by Black Mamba; 02-05-2009 at 02:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 02-05-2009, 01:02 AM
Preach
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
There is a noticeable difference in the fatty tissue around his nipples in that second photo. There is also more of a bulging to his abdomen which is another side effect.
I also covered this in the other thread funny thing is
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 02-05-2009, 01:31 AM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 9,778
Default

Goat

(Danelle I meant Goat, not GSP )

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
Who? GSP or GOAT?
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 02-05-2009, 02:02 AM
Moose
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn
You know it baby! I'd smack that up, flip it and rub it down!
Damn, woman!
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 02-05-2009, 02:03 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cds
One thing Ive learned about the internet and computers. Pictures do lie. Its extrememly easy to augment photos to look suspicious.....NateR you should know this as well comming from a graphics background.
If you develop an eye for it, you can usually spot when an image has been manipulated. Especially if it fits one of three criteria:
1. it's a rush job.
2. it's the work of an amateur.
3. the source images is low quality or low resolution.

In the more recent photos of GSP, you can sort of see a growth of tissue behind the nipples that make them look slightly inflated, like balloons. It changes the shape and the color of them. I followed bodybuilding for a few years, and I learned to pick out the physical side effects of steroid use.

Also, Photoshopping an image requires a motive. Someone would have to intentionally manipulate the photos and have the skill and the time necessary to do it right without leaving traces or "fingerprints" of their work.

It was actually when I saw this photo, way back in the summer of 2006, that I started to suspect steroid use in GSP:

This was long before any rumors of it were floating around, thus no one would have had the motive to change the photo. I just kept the information to myself and started to pay closer attention.

The other thing about Photoshoppers is that they are rarely subtle. They don't want to spend a huge amount of time on something that's not going to get noticed. So, that simple matter of ego is what usually makes their work easy to spot.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 02-05-2009, 02:27 AM
cds
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
If you develop an eye for it, you can usually spot when an image has been manipulated. Especially if it fits one of three criteria:
1. it's a rush job.
2. it's the work of an amateur.
3. the source images is low quality or low resolution.

In the more recent photos of GSP, you can sort of see a growth of tissue behind the nipples that make them look slightly inflated, like balloons. It changes the shape and the color of them. I followed bodybuilding for a few years, and I learned to pick out the physical side effects of steroid use.

Also, Photoshopping an image requires a motive. Someone would have to intentionally manipulate the photos and have the skill and the time necessary to do it right without leaving traces or "fingerprints" of their work.

It was actually when I saw this photo, way back in the summer of 2006, that I started to suspect steroid use in GSP:

This was long before any rumors of it were floating around, thus no one would have had the motive to change the photo. I just kept the information to myself and started to pay closer attention.

The other thing about Photoshoppers is that they are rarely subtle. They don't want to spend a huge amount of time on something that's not going to get noticed. So, that simple matter of ego is what usually makes their work easy to spot.
Yup NateR you are right about the photoshopping.

Just remember that Gynecomastia can manifest as a natural pathology which is quite common.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.