Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-04-2009, 04:41 PM
cds

One thing Ive learned about the internet and computers. Pictures do lie. Its extrememly easy to augment photos to look suspicious.....NateR you should know this as well comming from a graphics background.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

I dont see whats wrong with his breasts...looks to me like he's just got a bit fatter and maybe slightly older

Not sure you can tell much from photographs...but he looks...alright to me
Old 02-04-2009, 04:59 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I dont see whats wrong with his breasts...looks to me like he's just got a bit fatter and maybe slightly older

Not touching that one AT ALL!
Old 02-04-2009, 05:11 PM
cds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn

Here is what Im talking about .......total 3 min of photoshop.

Both are the same pic.

Original:

And the Photoshop version(depicting possible roid side affects):
Old 02-05-2009, 12:57 AM
Black Mamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn
You know it baby! I'd smack that up, flip it and rub it down!
Ditto. Took the words right out of my mouth.

Last edited by Black Mamba; 02-05-2009 at 02:02 AM.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:02 AM
Preach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
There is a noticeable difference in the fatty tissue around his nipples in that second photo. There is also more of a bulging to his abdomen which is another side effect.
I also covered this in the other thread funny thing is
Old 02-05-2009, 01:31 AM
Stump Rules!

Goat

(Danelle I meant Goat, not GSP )

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
Who? GSP or GOAT?

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-05-2009, 02:02 AM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn
You know it baby! I'd smack that up, flip it and rub it down!
Damn, woman!
Old 02-05-2009, 02:03 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cds
One thing Ive learned about the internet and computers. Pictures do lie. Its extrememly easy to augment photos to look suspicious.....NateR you should know this as well comming from a graphics background.
If you develop an eye for it, you can usually spot when an image has been manipulated. Especially if it fits one of three criteria:
1. it's a rush job.
2. it's the work of an amateur.
3. the source images is low quality or low resolution.

In the more recent photos of GSP, you can sort of see a growth of tissue behind the nipples that make them look slightly inflated, like balloons. It changes the shape and the color of them. I followed bodybuilding for a few years, and I learned to pick out the physical side effects of steroid use.

Also, Photoshopping an image requires a motive. Someone would have to intentionally manipulate the photos and have the skill and the time necessary to do it right without leaving traces or "fingerprints" of their work.

It was actually when I saw this photo, way back in the summer of 2006, that I started to suspect steroid use in GSP:

This was long before any rumors of it were floating around, thus no one would have had the motive to change the photo. I just kept the information to myself and started to pay closer attention.

The other thing about Photoshoppers is that they are rarely subtle. They don't want to spend a huge amount of time on something that's not going to get noticed. So, that simple matter of ego is what usually makes their work easy to spot.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:27 AM
cds

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
If you develop an eye for it, you can usually spot when an image has been manipulated. Especially if it fits one of three criteria:
1. it's a rush job.
2. it's the work of an amateur.
3. the source images is low quality or low resolution.

In the more recent photos of GSP, you can sort of see a growth of tissue behind the nipples that make them look slightly inflated, like balloons. It changes the shape and the color of them. I followed bodybuilding for a few years, and I learned to pick out the physical side effects of steroid use.

Also, Photoshopping an image requires a motive. Someone would have to intentionally manipulate the photos and have the skill and the time necessary to do it right without leaving traces or "fingerprints" of their work.

It was actually when I saw this photo, way back in the summer of 2006, that I started to suspect steroid use in GSP:

This was long before any rumors of it were floating around, thus no one would have had the motive to change the photo. I just kept the information to myself and started to pay closer attention.

The other thing about Photoshoppers is that they are rarely subtle. They don't want to spend a huge amount of time on something that's not going to get noticed. So, that simple matter of ego is what usually makes their work easy to spot.
Yup NateR you are right about the photoshopping.

Just remember that Gynecomastia can manifest as a natural pathology which is quite common.