Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 06-07-2009, 06:57 PM

Default Death Penalty!

I havent waded in with some of the arguements and i am against it for crimes of Passion, manslaughter etc but cases like this for me prove that there is a right for capital punishment in certain things.

This case is one and it truly is sickening.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6181851.ece

Whats more this is twenty minutes from my house and the place is same place i have been going Uni for the last 3 years, its an area i go out often.

It a rough place but when you know it, you think its alright and safe there.

Anyway, just wanted to weigh in with my thoughts on it.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:10 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Jon, I am with you brother.

I know this topic will only open a can worms we have all seen before, but for some reason the story you posted reminded me of a horrific crime that hit the news in 2007 just before I moved back to the Chicago area from Phoenix, where a teenage girl had been assaulted and then taken out in the desert and set on fire inside her car. A totally senseless crime that without a doubt shows us that there are some people in this world are just PURE EVIL.

The LORD said "vengeance is MINE", and IT IS. That however does not mean a worldly punishment does not need to be handed down to scumbags from time to time. Us taking their life from them is hardly vengeance compared to what GOD has in store for those heathens.

This kinda crap really makes my blood boil...at what age do you have to start worrying about blood pressure?
Old 06-07-2009, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Jon, I am with you brother.

I know this topic will only open a can worms we have all seen before, but for some reason the story you posted reminded me of a horrific crime that hit the news in 2007 just before I moved back to the Chicago area from Phoenix, where a teenage girl had been assaulted and then taken out in the desert and set on fire inside her car. A totally senseless crime that without a doubt shows us that there are some people in this world are just PURE EVIL.

The LORD said "vengeance is MINE", and IT IS. That however does not mean a worldly punishment does not need to be handed down to scumbags from time to time. Us taking their life from them is hardly vengeance compared to what GOD has in store for those heathens.

This kinda crap really makes my blood boil...at what age do you have to start worrying about blood pressure?

Ah man, its just senseless! I didnt want to open the whole can of worms up either but it was just this has come up in the news again and it is very close to me and it kinda acts as a prime example of my stance on it.

Ha ha there are times i do worry about my stress levells!
Old 06-08-2009, 01:28 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

I hate the idea of the electric chair....

There should be an electric BENCH.. (so you can put more on)..

There should not be a "on/off" switch.. but a dial... It goes up a little on the voltage every 5 seconds...

If you intentionally, willfully, kill someone.. you forfeit your right to life.

If you assault a child.. some thing. Rapist.. go for it.. Kill someone while driving drunk... "see ya on the other side"...

Here is a thought... why do we give people who are convicted of attempted murder a lesser charge??
Old 06-08-2009, 03:53 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker

Here is a thought... why do we give people who are convicted of attempted murder a lesser charge??
I don't understand the question.

If you get convicted of a crime you cannot get a lesser charge.

Did you mean arrested for attempted murder?
Or, did you mean a lesser sentence?

I often find that odd, if you were trying to kill them, you get less time because you failed?
Old 06-08-2009, 07:17 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quite Simply, London needs to bring back Tyburn. That would sort out, with immediate effects, a great many problems this country has right now.

The Old Baily still exists on the site of NewGate, Marble Arch still exists in an open area of land big enough for the site to be readressed.

Amoung those first to go should be a large number of Parliamentarians from Westminster Palace, followed by some of the worst Criminals on Earth.

I guarentee you, that people would change their attitudes on the day the bell of Saint Sepulcher Tolls, and the Condemned are once again transported along by Holburn and Centre-point, to the Gallows for public execution.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:29 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

The death penalty is appropriate for Child molesters and such like! As long as they get a fair trial with a high standard of proof!
Old 06-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Crisco

I believe in the death penalty.

Once convicted beyond a shadow of a doubt and sentence to death the sentence should be carried out without 2 weeks a month at most.

One appeal is more then enough. They where found guilty beyond a shadow once it should not be difficult to do it again.

Life has consequences. You may not forfeit your soul but you definately forfeit your life when you commit crimes such as these. God have mercy on them if he sees fit.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:12 AM
Hughes_GOAT

kill them all
Old 06-09-2009, 01:21 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
I believe in the death penalty.

Once convicted beyond a shadow of a doubt and sentence to death the sentence should be carried out without 2 weeks a month at most.

One appeal is more then enough. They where found guilty beyond a shadow once it should not be difficult to do it again.

Life has consequences. You may not forfeit your soul but you definately forfeit your life when you commit crimes such as these. God have mercy on them if he sees fit.
...and when the bell of Saint Sepulcher Tolls, may GOD have mercy on their souls..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_sM86GnH7A