Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 06-07-2009, 04:22 AM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer
What happend??
from Sherdog

Lawler comes straight forward after absorbing a low kick and is taken down by a single leg. Lawler stands and clinches with Shields against the fencing. Lawler backs off and unloads with his hands. Shields struggles to Lawler down twice from the clinch and fails. Shields pulls guard with an arm-in guillotine choke. Lawler stands trying to break the hold, but is brought back to the canvas. Lawler gives one last effort to escape before tapping to the hold at 2:02 of the first.

I wonder if the UFC will go after Shields now. He just best the best MW not in the UFC imo.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:23 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer
crap ....
Sorry but I called it too. Though I had it in the second round happening.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:26 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
from Sherdog

Lawler comes straight forward after absorbing a low kick and is taken down by a single leg. Lawler stands and clinches with Shields against the fencing. Lawler backs off and unloads with his hands. Shields struggles to Lawler down twice from the clinch and fails. Shields pulls guard with an arm-in guillotine choke. Lawler stands trying to break the hold, but is brought back to the canvas. Lawler gives one last effort to escape before tapping to the hold at 2:02 of the first.

I wonder if the UFC will go after Shields now. He just best the best MW not in the UFC imo.
Robbie just seemed to be playing with Jake, like he figured Jake had nothing for him..
Old 06-07-2009, 04:28 AM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
Robbie just seemed to be playing with Jake, like he figured Jake had nothing for him..
but it seems like Jake did have something for him. Thats why you cant play with opponents.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:29 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
from Sherdog

Thanks max sherdog is blocked out here ... man that stinks. I know Robbie trained hard for this fight. Good question on the UFC and Shields. I still think that the UFC will want Robbie though. That would be a good grudge match for a UFC draw ...
Old 06-07-2009, 04:35 AM
CBCS

AA is going to try pro boxing? With a chin like that...hmmm. Not a good idea.

Poor Robbie just got caught...tough loss.

I see Dana giving Shields a call soon.....
Old 06-07-2009, 04:41 AM
Liddellfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBCS
AA is going to try pro boxing? With a chin like that...hmmm. Not a good idea.

Poor Robbie just got caught...tough loss.

I see Dana giving Shields a call soon.....

Not sure about that..Dana wants fighters who actually go out and fight. If you watched the fight, Robbie was dominate until he left his head under the arm against the cage. He got caught that what happened. Shields looked scared to death in that fight.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:47 AM

I got shields looked better than you guys are saying... He was throwing good leg and body kicks... Plus if hes in the ufc ww division hes not gonna face anyone who hits as hard as robbie...
Old 06-07-2009, 04:52 AM
Stump Rules!

My poor Andre lost

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 06-07-2009, 04:53 AM
Matts#1Fan...Dr.Tonya

Who cares about AA................Robbie lost!!!!!