Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 06-09-2009, 02:27 AM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
You cannot be serious...
Well it depends on what you mean by serious.

For YEARS all the white dudes in boxing didn't do much.

MMA comes along and we are doing pretty damn good at it thanks in large part to college wrestlers.

I'm not being racist I'm just sayings. Everyone else is allowed to be proud of their race when they do well why can't I?
Old 06-09-2009, 03:32 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco

MMA comes along and we are doing pretty damn good at it thanks in large part to college wrestlers.

I'm not being racist I'm just sayings. Everyone else is allowed to be proud of their race when they do well why can't I?
I get it, I really do.

I guess I just never cared. There is nothing wrong with what your saying, like I said I just never cared. I guess largely in part because I grew up loving boxing and all my favorite boxers have pretty much been black. My favorite basketball players are black, except for Steve Nash, and go figure he is Canadian, lol, but thats just how it goes I guess. They are all Americans to me!
Old 06-09-2009, 04:01 AM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Yes I watch FNF.

Don't ruin your boxing mindset by buying into that crap! Besides, rounds are only 3 minutes in boxing, so really a 5 round boxing match is equal to a 3 round MMA fight.

Still, one of the biggest problems in MMA today, is the water-cooler fans caring more about flashy KO's than they do about observing the sport and appreciating it for what it is. I guess it's funny that this comes up, because 10-15 years ago, boxing had the same exact problem, and it still does today to some degree. The truth is, with all the hype and excitement around MMA today, all those kind of fans have really flocked to MMAm kinda leaving boxing to mostly the more hardcore fans. Personally, that bothers me a lot. It also bothers me to hear little kids and local steroid-filled meat-heads ramble on and on about how MMA is superior to boxing yet the only fighter they even know is Chuck Liddell or Brock Lesnar. They got spoon-fed a reality show and now everybody wants to be a tough-guy. Boxing is a great sport, just like MMA, and like it or not, MMA's success is rooted in boxing and the "business" of boxing and also professional wrestling (another thing meat heads like to hate on).
True that!! I absolutely love boxing!!!
Old 06-09-2009, 04:54 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
True that!! I absolutely love boxing!!!
Coolio, I'm glad you got my rant

I was not ranting at you, or anybody here on board, just in general. I do that from time to time.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Coolio, I'm glad you got my rant

I was not ranting at you, or anybody here on board, just in general. I do that from time to time.
I don't even care if you were ranting at me it makes sense!! I am glad someone on here feels my pain and shares my joy! Viva boxeo! lol..
Old 06-09-2009, 06:18 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Boxing, woohoo!!!!
Old 06-09-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco

I can admire anyone in sport and many of my sporting heroes etc are black or whatever it doesn't matter.

But i do agree that white champions in the UFC and there success is good because in many senses as a white lad you can identify with a Matt Hughes or a Bisping, a Coutore for inspirartion in the same way many Black sportman act as inspiration for young black kids that can identify.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:05 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
But i do agree that white champions in the UFC and there success is good because in many senses as a white lad you can identify with a Matt Hughes or a Bisping, a Coutore for inspirartion in the same way many Black sportman act as inspiration for young black kids that can identify.

See, I can IDENTIFY with that, but I guess that as a 27 year old , I have a hard time completely buying into that mindset...

Does that make sense?

It's like, "okay, I'm proud, but, whatever..."
Old 06-10-2009, 09:00 AM

Quote:
See, I can IDENTIFY with that, but I guess that as a 27 year old , I have a hard time completely buying into that mindset...

Does that make sense?

It's like, "okay, I'm proud, but, whatever..."

Yeah its one of those things that can sound a bit stupid but at other times holds real reasonance.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:40 PM
atomdanger

What son is it? can we get a picture?

Didn't he name ALL his sons (5 or 6) George?