Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 06-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

I am not getting my hopes up quite yet, but all I can say is....PLEASE BE GOOD.

America NEEDS a dominate heavyweight back in the mix and it would be awesome if the son of one of the sports greatest fighters could make some waves.

Again...I'm not getting my hopes up.
*Ditto* I just hope he can back it up and not just carry the good ol' Foreman name!!! BTW Julio Cesar Chavez has 2 sons that are pretty good, but of course they arent heavyweights ..He has JR and Omar. Personally speaking the younger one Omar is gonna be the one to watch.. I can't wait for the Mayweather vs Marquez fight personally. Regardless of the outcome I am just anticipating the next fight against you know who.....Pacman
Old 06-08-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
Not a fan of Foreman. It dries out my chicken.

[
Old 06-08-2009, 03:04 PM
Crisco

lol at boxing needs a black heavyweight champ.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:31 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
lol at boxing needs a black heavyweight champ.
LOL, it was the glory days of the HW champ!
Old 06-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
WOW....

No Log, no Rockdawg, no Miss Foxy?

C'mon guys, you have to at least care a LITTLE about George Foreman's son coming into pro-boxing...

My heart would break if this thread was reduced to little more than a "lean mean fat grilling machine" joke...
Sorry JB I didnt come online till this morning and as you see I posted. Do you watch Friday night fights? Since I have been watching MMA more than boxing I get impatient when they go past 3 rounds I am always yelling for a KO!!!!
Old 06-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
LOL, it was the glory days of the HW champ!
Glory for who? I was getting bored watching my people get beat down by the brothers every fight.

MMA is a new ball game =) The white race thanks college wrestling
Old 06-08-2009, 05:18 PM
County Mike

Quote:
QFT
Old 06-08-2009, 11:18 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Glory for who? I was getting bored watching my people get beat down by the brothers every fight.

You cannot be serious...
Old 06-08-2009, 11:28 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
You're right about boxing needing a HW star. The son of Big George could be the one to do it.

okay, HOLD IT!!!
just watched the fight and it looks like the pulled his opponent off a barstool somewhere. VERY sloppy boxing by Foreman III. Not an impressive debut by any means, but here's hoping he keeps improving

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1XJ7xnMUD0
Well now, hang on just one minute here....

Foreman III could not find anybody at an amateur level who would box him, people kept pulling out of fights at the last minute and turning him down, probably just because of who he is. Nobody fights the best guys in their Pro-Debut. Heck, 9 times out of 10, the guys they will fight at the top levels of amateur competition will be tougher than the first few fighters they meet as a pro. So, its not a surprise that his opponent looked like garbage, but to say Foreman looked sloppy is a bit harsh.

It's almost like you could tell that Foreman knew he was gonna tool this guy so he took it easy on him. Foreman showed decent footwork, and ultimately he did what you are supposed to do in your pro-debut, scored a first round KO. Can't really argue that.

Is he the American savior of the HW division? Probably not, but it will still be interesting to see how he does in the pro ranks.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:43 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
Sorry JB I didnt come online till this morning and as you see I posted. Do you watch Friday night fights? Since I have been watching MMA more than boxing I get impatient when they go past 3 rounds I am always yelling for a KO!!!!
Yes I watch FNF.

Don't ruin your boxing mindset by buying into that crap! Besides, rounds are only 3 minutes in boxing, so really a 5 round boxing match is equal to a 3 round MMA fight.

Still, one of the biggest problems in MMA today, is the water-cooler fans caring more about flashy KO's than they do about observing the sport and appreciating it for what it is. I guess it's funny that this comes up, because 10-15 years ago, boxing had the same exact problem, and it still does today to some degree. The truth is, with all the hype and excitement around MMA today, all those kind of fans have really flocked to MMAm kinda leaving boxing to mostly the more hardcore fans. Personally, that bothers me a lot. It also bothers me to hear little kids and local steroid-filled meat-heads ramble on and on about how MMA is superior to boxing yet the only fighter they even know is Chuck Liddell or Brock Lesnar. They got spoon-fed a reality show and now everybody wants to be a tough-guy. Boxing is a great sport, just like MMA, and like it or not, MMA's success is rooted in boxing and the "business" of boxing and also professional wrestling (another thing meat heads like to hate on).

Last edited by J.B.; 06-09-2009 at 03:34 AM.