Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-06-2009, 04:57 AM
atomdanger

Default Is Kenny Florian taking BJ seriously?

Or his he just assuming BJ is going to be out of shape?
Kenny is 3 months out from his shot at BJ's LW title, and he is doing the WEC commentating,
not that weird I guess. But, he isn't going to stop doing MMA LIVE on Espn.com,
and I can't help but feel he should be doing nothing but worry about BJ.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:08 PM
David_Banner

HAHAHA What? Its not like Kenny is going on a two month expedition through the Amazon. He is literally taking a couple hours out of ONE day for the WEC fight, and the ESPN deal is more of the same. I think you are being a tad critical

I'd also like to add, the only person that should be doing nothing but worrying about BJ is BJ Penns mother, not Kenny.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:14 PM
CBCS

I understand where Atom is coming from though. I think he is saying, is he metally ready. This is the biggest fight of his life, but if all he does is train with no fun-factor. He would be miserable and mentally not ready. So i see both sides.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:45 PM
Miss Foxy

Stop being haters already.. I am gonna LMAO when BJ wins this fight.. Gimme a break you don't have to like him, but lets be realistic!!
Old 06-06-2009, 06:04 PM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBCS
I understand where Atom is coming from though. I think he is saying, is he metally ready. This is the biggest fight of his life, but if all he does is train with no fun-factor. He would be miserable and mentally not ready. So i see both sides.

Sure, I see your point. I think a point can be made that Kenny, above everybody, knows the importance of this fight. He did after all, very respectfully call BJ out. And historically, BJ is the one that comes into his fights out of shape, and unprepared. With Kenny, he's fighting a dude that can beat the best BJ Penn has to offer,IMO. Some dont agree with that, but Kenny Florian is a monster and I look for him take this fight and become LW Champ.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:42 PM
Maldonado136

Dont piss him off!! Dont piss him off kenny!!!

in all seriousness kenny is an intelligent guy im sure he has things under control. im hoping he will smash bj but i doubt it i mean you cant deny that bj at lightweight is a totally different problem than bj at welterweight.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Liddellfan

You can bet everything you have that Kenny is taking BJ seriously....Just because he does some WEC commentary and a ESPN block doesn't mean he is not training. BJ is usually the fighter not taking his training serious with his days off and trips to different islands in Hawaii. Frank Mir has done WEC commentary when he has a fight coming up. I think Florian will be ready for this opportunity BUT not sure he has the tools to win over a serious, in shape BJ Penn.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:11 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Banner
HAHAHA What? Its not like Kenny is going on a two month expedition through the Amazon. He is literally taking a couple hours out of ONE day for the WEC fight, and the ESPN deal is more of the same. I think you are being a tad critical
A couple hours out of one day?
Where do you think Kenny lives and trains? Boston...

Are the WEC fights in Boston? lol (they are in Cali, if you didn't catch the sarcasm)
He was at the weigh ins, and doing press for it. Probably more like 3 or 4 days off.

Also, going to ESPN, to take MMA live, is probably more like an all day off thing. Its the mental game I am wondering about, even if the ESPN thing is his one day of rest during training, he is prepping for it, thinking about it, etc...
Old 06-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Liddellfan

I guess the only way to find out if he took him seriously is by watching the fight....
Old 06-07-2009, 10:46 AM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
A couple hours out of one day?
Where do you think Kenny lives and trains? Boston...

Are the WEC fights in Boston? lol (they are in Cali, if you didn't catch the sarcasm)
He was at the weigh ins, and doing press for it. Probably more like 3 or 4 days off.

Also, going to ESPN, to take MMA live, is probably more like an all day off thing. Its the mental game I am wondering about, even if the ESPN thing is his one day of rest during training, he is prepping for it, thinking about it, etc...
If Kenny wasnt a consummate professional I'd def agree, or at the very least be a little curious myself. That said, Kenny was ready for BJ six months ago, before this fight got railroaded to make way for the GSP vs BJ mangling. I think Kenny is going to be ready..