Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-08-2009, 06:47 AM
que

i wouldn't be so quick to say brock will easily take him down and smash him. let's not forget that only a few years ago cro cop was known to have one of the best takedown defenses if not THE best takedown defense in all of MMA, right up there with BJ penn, GSP and chuck liddell. the only time he got taken down in the UFC is when gonzaga swiftly caught one of his kicks. do you think brock will have the MMA experience to do that? maybe, but maybe not. and if i had to predict, i really can't see brock having the skills or the smarts to catch one of his kicks at all. especially if mirko works on fixing his mistakes (like that slow lazy kick that gonzaga caught). if the grand prix cro cop of 2006 shows up, it won't be an easy win for brock by any means. you can count on that

Last edited by que; 06-08-2009 at 06:52 AM.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:35 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

I like CroCop. I was in the audience at UFC70 in Manchester when....well we thought he'd been killed to begin with.

They should make him rise steadily through the ranks, he'll get the hang of it again...but I hope they dont rush him into the upper eschelons...he needs to grow foundations again after the last felling
Old 06-09-2009, 10:19 AM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
Thats just it, he left the UFC and continued to under perform, no vicious knockouts, no huge win streaks to bring him back.
Which again, is part of why people want Crocop back,IMO, they know what he is capable of.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Buc Nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
Thats just it, he left the UFC and continued to under perform, no vicious knockouts, no huge win streaks to bring him back.
He was still carrying injuries. We have not seen the newly motivated and injury free CroCop yet.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Crisco

Anyone that doesn't want to see cro cop in the ufc is weird.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:54 PM
County Mike

I want to see the OLD Cro Cop in the UFC. Watching his last couple UFC fights just made me sad. It was almost as bad as watching "Marley and Me".
Old 06-09-2009, 01:16 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
i wouldn't be so quick to say brock will easily take him down and smash him. let's not forget that only a few years ago cro cop was known to have one of the best takedown defenses if not THE best takedown defense in all of MMA, right up there with BJ penn, GSP and chuck liddell. the only time he got taken down in the UFC is when gonzaga swiftly caught one of his kicks. do you think brock will have the MMA experience to do that? maybe, but maybe not. and if i had to predict, i really can't see brock having the skills or the smarts to catch one of his kicks at all. especially if mirko works on fixing his mistakes (like that slow lazy kick that gonzaga caught). if the grand prix cro cop of 2006 shows up, it won't be an easy win for brock by any means. you can count on that
Brock lands 5 of 6 takedown attempts (that was a stat they showed before his fight with Randy, and I think Randy only stuffed 1 attempt). No doubt, whomever Brock fights, they'll end up on their backs. Not sure how well he would do against Cro Cop's big leg, but IMO, just like all his other opponents, they'll be shocked at Brock's shooting speed. Still, I don't think Cro Cop will climb the ladder enough to get a shot at Brock anyways.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty
He was still carrying injuries. We have not seen the newly motivated and injury free CroCop yet.
true that. He had an injured elbow and knee and anyone who knows anything about kickboxing knows that this affects your abilities. granted he probably shouldn't have taken the fights he did with these injuries but Crocop is a warrior and Al Turk is going to fidn that out the hard way. I hope he is planning on fighting the old Crocop cause that's who he'll be fighting

[
Old 06-09-2009, 01:45 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
true that. He had an injured elbow and knee and anyone who knows anything about kickboxing knows that this affects your abilities. granted he probably shouldn't have taken the fights he did with these injuries but Crocop is a warrior and Al Turk is going to fidn that out the hard way. I hope he is planning on fighting the old Crocop cause that's who he'll be fighting
If CroCop is old, do you really think he'll be a better fighter than when he was young?
Old 06-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
If CroCop is old, do you really think he'll be a better fighter than when he was young?
Randy Couture is better now then he ever was