Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Training/Nutrition

Old 06-06-2009, 03:08 AM
mikthehick

Default Kimmy is getting a fight!!!

So, now comes out the truth as to why I've been away the past couple weeks! I'm training for a Muay Thai fight sometime this fall.

It's probably going to be with either the Brawley or Vallahalla promotions, which are both local to Virginia. So this summer is all about building up cardio.

For those of you who don't know, women's MT fights are 3 rounds, and two minutes. We just got a pro-boxer in our gym who just relocated from NYC to Waynesboro, VA, and he's going to open his own boxing gym down there since the one in Staunton apparently isn't very good. He's also training the state champion boxer in VA, who is 8 years old. Yes you read that correctly.

We have a couple MT fighters in our gym too, including Angie the girl, who I've mentioned on the old forums. This is really exciting for all of us as we start to build up a girl's team with our already successful guys team.

We went 4-0 at the last Brawley event, and 5 of our warriors are fighting on July 4.

I hope I have a new camera by them to shoot some nice pictures Anyway, that's it. Just wanted to share some info with my forum family
Old 06-06-2009, 07:07 AM
logrus

Don't you always get hurt during stretchs before your training sessions?
Old 06-06-2009, 12:33 PM
County Mike

Wark Kim! Kick ass.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator

War Kim!!!!!!!!!!

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 06-06-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikthehick
So, now comes out the truth as to why I've been away the past couple weeks! I'm training for a Muay Thai fight sometime this fall.

It's probably going to be with either the Brawley or Vallahalla promotions, which are both local to Virginia. So this summer is all about building up cardio.

For those of you who don't know, women's MT fights are 3 rounds, and two minutes. We just got a pro-boxer in our gym who just relocated from NYC to Waynesboro, VA, and he's going to open his own boxing gym down there since the one in Staunton apparently isn't very good. He's also training the state champion boxer in VA, who is 8 years old. Yes you read that correctly.

We have a couple MT fighters in our gym too, including Angie the girl, who I've mentioned on the old forums. This is really exciting for all of us as we start to build up a girl's team with our already successful guys team.

We went 4-0 at the last Brawley event, and 5 of our warriors are fighting on July 4.

I hope I have a new camera by them to shoot some nice pictures Anyway, that's it. Just wanted to share some info with my forum family
Awesome!
Train hard and you'll do great!!

[
Old 06-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

ROCKIN!!!

Let me know and I will drive up!!
Old 06-07-2009, 03:39 AM
mikthehick

Thanks yall Brawley fights, a local promotion based in the Shenendoah valley currently has a girl MMA fighter from Roanoke, but I plan on only competing in MT right now, kinda like our other girl Angie.

The lady actually drove to our gym yesterday and introduced herself to me, now that is service! She drove in over an hour of traffic to come meet up and drop off some promotional stuff for their 4th of July fights. (our gym has 5 guys fighting)

They have a fight in November. The other possiblilities are Valhalla or Barbarian fight club. We may also have another promotion starting up here soon, so stay tuned. There is MMA stuff all over VA, never knew that until i got involved Time to start training tough!

PS--keep a lookout for my lil brother on here. I'll have him sign up and introduce himself.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:29 AM
logrus

Dont be sad but your a long way for me to drive to watch you fight, =/
Old 06-07-2009, 04:41 AM
sender

extreme!
Old 06-07-2009, 08:07 PM
mikthehick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sender
extreme!
EXTREME, EH??!!

Yup, we are extreme mr. sender, wouldn't have it any other way!