Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 06-07-2009, 12:32 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

I don't know that Randy could beat Fedor, but it would be a good fight to watch.. I would like to see Mir and Fedor in a grappling match
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-07-2009, 01:07 AM
CBCS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Fedor would crush Randy. Fedor's ground game is out of control. I can't think of any HW's of the top of my head that would really challange him.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-07-2009, 05:22 PM
StizzoFoShizzo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic92
It's simple. The UFC is where the elite of the elite fight.

Would you consider a quarterback who set all his records in the Canadian Football League as one of the best ever, or would you wonder if he could have done the same in the NFL? It's the same concept.

I have no doubt Fedor is one of the best heavyweights to ever step into an MMA arena, but unless and until he steps into the Octagon and faces the best that can be put in with him, people will always wonder.

As far as his fighting at heavyweight or light heavyweight, why drop down when he's dominated the heavyweight division?

Think about this. Mirko CroCop took Fedor to a decision in Pride. When CroCop came to the UFC, he beat an overmatched Sanchez, then got knocked out by Gabriel Gonzaga and then got beat by Cheick Kongo. At the time, none of those guys were exactly top-tier heavyweights but CroCop had serious difficulties dealing with them. The level of competition is just higher.
Hey hey hey the QB with the most passing yards in the history of pro football is Damon Allen of the CFL LOL. GO RIDERS !!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-07-2009, 05:26 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StizzoFoShizzo
Hey hey hey the QB with the most passing yards in the history of pro football is Damon Allen of the CFL LOL. GO RIDERS !!!!!!!
Oh my... my, my, my...

You need to head over to the sports section so we can talk some pigskin!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-07-2009, 05:36 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBCS
Fedor would crush Randy. Fedor's ground game is out of control. I can't think of any HW's of the top of my head that would really challange him.
I agree.

While I like and respect Randy for what he HAS done for the sport, I do think he tends to be a bit over-rated by the general fight community. Now, before I get whipped with bamboo shoots for saying that, please understand that I am not trying to take ANYTHING away from what Couture has done, just saying that I think fans tend to give him more credit that he may deserve.

I do consider Randy to be one of the most intelligent fighters to ever grace the cage, but I think that, in the fight game, timing is everything. A lot of times Randy has ended up on the short-end of the stick as far the right match for the right time goes. Any long time Boxing fans should understand that logic. Actually, everybody should understand that logic. Still, he did come back and school Tim Sylvia, but really that's not saying a whole lot because Tim has just never been on the same level of talent as a guy like Randy. Sorry Timmy.

I think that if Randy were to fight Fedor now, or even two years ago, it would be another one of those cases of wrong place/wrong time for The Natural. The hype machine made it seem big, but really Fedor would probably beat Randy down. Although, I do agree on at least ONE thing with Joe Rogan, and that is "you can never count out Randy Couture". The dude is smart, but I just think he is too old. Sorry Randy
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-07-2009, 08:35 PM
CBCS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
I agree.

While I like and respect Randy for what he HAS done for the sport, I do think he tends to be a bit over-rated by the general fight community. Now, before I get whipped with bamboo shoots for saying that, please understand that I am not trying to take ANYTHING away from what Couture has done, just saying that I think fans tend to give him more credit that he may deserve.

I do consider Randy to be one of the most intelligent fighters to ever grace the cage, but I think that, in the fight game, timing is everything. A lot of times Randy has ended up on the short-end of the stick as far the right match for the right time goes. Any long time Boxing fans should understand that logic. Actually, everybody should understand that logic. Still, he did come back and school Tim Sylvia, but really that's not saying a whole lot because Tim has just never been on the same level of talent as a guy like Randy. Sorry Timmy.

I think that if Randy were to fight Fedor now, or even two years ago, it would be another one of those cases of wrong place/wrong time for The Natural. The hype machine made it seem big, but really Fedor would probably beat Randy down. Although, I do agree on at least ONE thing with Joe Rogan, and that is "you can never count out Randy Couture". The dude is smart, but I just think he is too old. Sorry Randy
Very well said JB..I agree 100%
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

and Fedor had a broken hand in the CC fight.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBCS
Fedor would crush Randy. Fedor's ground game is out of control. I can't think of any HW's of the top of my head that would really challange him.
Exactly then I would be ROFL... .....
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Fedor would beat all of the UFC's Top 5 HW's in the same night.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-08-2009, 05:46 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

if Dana will go as far as bringing Kimbo Slice into TUF and thereby possibly the UFC...Fedor might be best NOT to come to the UFC afterall
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.