Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 06-06-2009, 12:17 AM
CBCS

Default Sick of Fedor & UFC talk...

I'm going to get on my soapbox for a minute. I enjoy going to MMA website's and forums to see whats going on. I'm so tired of people saying "if Fedor doesn't come to UFC he shoud retire." Why would he want to do this? He is the most sought after fighter in the world. It's not like he's not working. He is making good money on HIS terms. This would be like saying Lebron James should retire if he doesn't sign with the Knicks. What since would that make?

Why does everyone think he would also fight at HW? Couldn't he fought at LHW?(I think he only ways 230) This makes him even more valuable. I love the UFC. BUT...I respect Fedor for having standards and wanting things HIS WAY. He know's what he's worth. He's not rolling over and playing dead for Dana.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:06 AM
medic92

It's simple. The UFC is where the elite of the elite fight.

Would you consider a quarterback who set all his records in the Canadian Football League as one of the best ever, or would you wonder if he could have done the same in the NFL? It's the same concept.

I have no doubt Fedor is one of the best heavyweights to ever step into an MMA arena, but unless and until he steps into the Octagon and faces the best that can be put in with him, people will always wonder.

As far as his fighting at heavyweight or light heavyweight, why drop down when he's dominated the heavyweight division?

Think about this. Mirko CroCop took Fedor to a decision in Pride. When CroCop came to the UFC, he beat an overmatched Sanchez, then got knocked out by Gabriel Gonzaga and then got beat by Cheick Kongo. At the time, none of those guys were exactly top-tier heavyweights but CroCop had serious difficulties dealing with them. The level of competition is just higher.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:43 AM
Krupp

Fedor will never come to the UFC. The sooner all mma fans get used to that the better.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:09 AM
Stump Rules!

Never say never.The UFC have some deeeeep pockets.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 06-06-2009, 04:37 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic92
It's simple. The UFC is where the elite of the elite fight.

Would you consider a quarterback who set all his records in the Canadian Football League as one of the best ever, or would you wonder if he could have done the same in the NFL? It's the same concept.

I have no doubt Fedor is one of the best heavyweights to ever step into an MMA arena, but unless and until he steps into the Octagon and faces the best that can be put in with him, people will always wonder.

Wrong.
This is an individual sport, don't compare to team sports.
Also, the lite of the elite do NOT fight in the HW division,
the HW division in MMA is spread out fairly well.

Who is ELITE that you would like to see Fedor fight?
Mir? Lesnar?

Come on...........
Old 06-06-2009, 04:39 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic92
Think about this. Mirko CroCop took Fedor to a decision in Pride. When CroCop came to the UFC, he beat an overmatched Sanchez, then got knocked out by Gabriel Gonzaga and then got beat by Cheick Kongo. At the time, none of those guys were exactly top-tier heavyweights but CroCop had serious difficulties dealing with them. The level of competition is just higher.
1. MMA math doesn't work

2. The Cro Cop who fought in the UFC wasn't the one who fought Fedor in Pride.
Anybody who watches MMA on a scale beyond the UFC knows that.

3. Fedor has beaten AA, and Tim Sylvia, both in the first round,
they were both recently UFC Champions at HW. He has also beaten Nog,
and will soon beat Barnett. Also both former UFC Champions, and Barnett never lost his belt.

So, at HW, the level of competition isn't higher.
Most people rank Barnett well above any UFC HW, at number 2 or 3.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:12 PM
CBCS

So HW's he has fought in Affliction, Pride and other org. aren't "elite"? I may have to look at his resume again, but I'm rather sure he has beat some of the best in the world. And he wasn't in the UFC.

I think Atom understand's where I'm coming from.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:06 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBCS
So HW's he has fought in Affliction, Pride and other org. aren't "elite"? I may have to look at his resume again, but I'm rather sure he has beat some of the best in the world. And he wasn't in the UFC.

I think Atom understand's where I'm coming from.
Exactly.

Nobody can name a HW with as many top 10 wins as Fedor,
and nobody can do it as impressively.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:18 PM

3 of the top 5 hw's arlovski, fedor, and barnett arnt even in the ufc

hard to consider the ufc hw divison= the the nfl when thats the case lol
Old 06-06-2009, 11:19 PM
logrus

I am sick of the Fedor talks already, he ain't coming to the UFC cause Dana is a douche bag.

Mir HA, Lesner HA, Kongo HA, Randy HA, Nog HA, Cro Cop

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. We don't have a worthy challenger for him thats for sure.