Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 06-05-2009, 05:37 AM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
Ok, now that ran a little too long for me ( as you may have guessed) but I got the "jist" of it. I really, in my heart, believe that Matt should do whatever he wants to do but in many ways, I agree with your friend.
Todays fighters are different.They started younger and were taught every MMA there is from day one.They seem to be more "hungry" then Matt ever seemed to be and I believe that has been because...well...Matt Hughes has a life Seriously, when he's not training for a fight he just has so much to his life.Most of the other up and comers...fighting is their life.When they aren't training and fighting they are promoting via clinics mma movies, games. Like I said, it's their life. So, for a few short years, they are on top.
It's unrealistic to think that someone, even Matt Hughes can stay on top forever.And as with anything, age is going to matter as the years go by.
I'll pick Matt over anyone any day but there has been a fight or two that I was worried ( GSP the second time & Alves) but I'll back Matt Hughes to the day I die but that's because I'm a nuthugger and not afraid to admit it Besides...look at that record!
Someone being your friend doesnt make them better, younger,stronger,faster,more skilled.With that said I'll be cheering for Matt, yelling at him to get up if he gets knocked down, lose my appetite when he's getting ready to fight and wear my Team Hughes tshirt til the last thread tears.

WAR HUGHES!
You hit home with this!! I literally barf before he fights I get too nervous. I am no fun to be around when he fights I get crazy lol..
Old 06-05-2009, 05:45 AM
Stump Rules!

I think it might be a body Mac. he was "joking" about it recently

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Call me crazy Michelle , but that statement sounds like Boomer is pooping in a box and sending it to you ,

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 06-05-2009, 05:46 AM
Stump Rules!

Just stop eating a couple days before.It helps a lot And then if your with Boomer you have to drink right out of the Jack Daniel's bottle to. Helps a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
You hit home with this!! I literally barf before he fights I get too nervous. I am no fun to be around when he fights I get crazy lol..

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 06-05-2009, 06:17 AM

Should Matt retire? IMO, no.

He looked great for his fight with Serra - confident, stronger than ever and he had fire in his eyes.

But I say that for selfish reasons, he is an exciting fighter and to me represents what's best about the sport of MMA, so I'd miss him if he retires.

Whatever he decides, I'll always be a fan. I've always thought that in a perfect world, the great ones go out with a win.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:34 AM
logrus

Well of course Matt should..

Matt Serra that is Wacca Wacca Wacca@
Old 06-05-2009, 06:55 AM
cheachea

I don't want him to retire. I got so much respect for the guy, that I just would like to see him win a few more fights before he does retire. Honest to God, him and Fedor are the only fighters I really Really pull for in MMA. It reminds me of when I was in 5th grade being so excited to watch Michael Jordan win games and slam dunk, it never gets old LOL
Old 06-05-2009, 07:17 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
Well of course Matt should..

Matt Serra that is Wacca Wacca Wacca@

Good one ...
Old 06-05-2009, 07:59 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

If his hearts really still in the Game I think he can still have another good run! His willingness to train with others and not just say he already knows everything is a great sign. It's like he knows that no matter how good you are you can still get even better! If he really wants it I think he can do it. It's completely up to him and how much he's willing to sacrifice. I couldn't blame him for ethier decision.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:20 AM
Quell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
and the true fans will back him whichever road he wants to take.
AMEN!!
Old 06-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Of course he should retire at some point...you dont expect him to fight when he's over 65 do you

The question is not IF, but When...I personally feel he should retire whenever HE wants to.