Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Old 05-28-2009, 03:07 PM
County Mike

Default TUF 9.9

Terrible fight. Both guys were awful.

I can understand the mouthpiece problem because I struggle with it myself sometimes. However, dude gassed out after one round of doing almost nothing. Both looked like total crap in the second round. When Faulkner refused to fight the 3rd round, despite not even being hurt, I lost what little respect I had left for him.

How do you go on a show, to be a fighter, when you can't finish 3 rounds of moderate work?

For next week, I really hope they don't split up the teams and make guys fight against teammates. If they do, what's the point in the whole USA vs UK thing anyway? The teams are even so it works out.

PS: Bisping's a crybaby.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:51 PM

Well, I didn't think they were AS awful as some of the others we've seen so far, but that's not saying much.

At least Frank was willing to get in there again after having fought only two days before. Could you believe the absolute gall of that Pierce giving Frank advice during his training session. They should have sent that guy packing! I thought Dan or Frank should have gone over and knocked him out or at the very least told him to shut up. Unbelievable!

I couldn't believe it either when Faulkner didn't want to fight anymore. I had to do a doubletake at first 'cause I wasn't sure I had heard right, what he was saying to Bisping. You could practically see the steam coming out of Bisping's ears. And then, when they were back in the UK room and Faulkner kept saying, "but, I had a good time." , I thought for sure Bisping was going to either implode or explode.

I thought the last few TUFs were bad, but this is just beyond the pale. I know, I know, "what does that say about me" 'cause I keep watching it. I guess I keep hoping to see something resembling mixed martial arts.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:42 PM
clm12704

At least this season they've been focusing more on the training aspect as opposed to the douchebaggery that goes on in the house. I like this season.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:52 PM
Primadawn

I've liked that there either hasn't been as much, or they aren't showing as much of the ridiculousness in the house too..
But it would be much better if we had less of that AND more footage of training/fighting by some of the guys in the last few seasons, rather than this one. These guys suck!
And Michael Bisping has proven himself to be what I have always thought he was.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn
I've liked that there either hasn't been as much, or they aren't showing as much of the ridiculousness in the house too..
But it would be much better if we had less of that AND more footage of training/fighting by some of the guys in the last few seasons, rather than this one. These guys suck! And Michael Bisping has proven himself to be what I have always thought he was.
I definitely agree that NOT seeing the nonsense that has gone on in previous seasons in the house has been wonderful. And, Dawn, saying, those guys "suck" is a compliment. You are being way too kind.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:19 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
Terrible fight. Both guys were awful.

I can understand the mouthpiece problem because I struggle with it myself sometimes. However, dude gassed out after one round of doing almost nothing. Both looked like total crap in the second round. When Faulkner refused to fight the 3rd round, despite not even being hurt, I lost what little respect I had left for him.

How do you go on a show, to be a fighter, when you can't finish 3 rounds of moderate work?

For next week, I really hope they don't split up the teams and make guys fight against teammates. If they do, what's the point in the whole USA vs UK thing anyway? The teams are even so it works out.

PS: Bisping's a crybaby.

I have the same issue with my mouth piece, some days I have no issues and other just biting down on it cause me to get ill.

The episode sucked and the guy didnt even give the third a go, he quit and was happy for it. What a loser.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:09 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

From what I've been able to watch of this season they ain't concentrating as much on the stupidity which is a definite plus! I do wish they had better fighters though. I still think the guy from Tennessee got cheated awhile back!
Old 05-31-2009, 10:04 AM
Buc Nasty

The diving board superplex is still the best bit so far this season!
Old 05-31-2009, 11:08 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

There isnt much to say about this episode. Noone believed that Jason Pierce was telling the truth when he told his team that Dana had made the decision he couldnt fight against his will, perhaps because he was about as unethusiastic with them, as he was with Dana when asked directly if he actually wanted to fight. Mark Miller couldnt fight because the doctors wouldnt clear him with a broken nose, but Frank Lester was only to willing to take his place against Dave Faulkner

Dan Henderson requests that the teams swap training times, so that his team can fight in the afternoon and Bisping can coach in the morning, apparently it was a right given to him by the management. But Bisping flat out refuses to change times, and whilst Henderson stays quite calm, Bisping gets louder and more high pitched. he says "what do you want me to do, bend over and take it up the ass??" and after consulting his team, both teams and both coaches come to each other to argue their point. Bisping still doesnt want to swap times, and Damarques Johnson is not the happiest man on the US team with a few smart arse stage whispers. There is no conclusion, as Henderson considers the change made, and Bisping keeps announcing they will talk about it later. When its time for the fight announcement, the groups gather, and as Bisping walks past Damarques Johnson he decides to squirt him in the face completely by suprise with water from his bottle. Poor Johnson nearly drowns in suprise.

Naturally he's upset. Bisping makes some poor excuse like the fact Johnson supposedly made some kind of racist joke about ten episodes ago or something daft like that. The truth is, Bisping just doesnt like Johnson. He eventually makes a U-tern and appologises...but how bloody weak was that...part of me just wanted to see Johnson fire back and smack him in the face...I really dislike Bisping...this season has done nothing to endear him at all

Frank Lester, who I wasnt too impressed with before when he talked smack about knocking other peoples teeth out, and then had his own teeth knocked out, might just have validated himself though. He admits he was still banged up, he was hurting and unprepared, but he was ready to do his duty against a person hyped to be the best thing since sliced bread.

They went into the fight and it was one round a piece, the first round started out with a moments feelout followed by Faulkner who clinced but didnt manage to score the take down, they did some striking in which Faulkner came out the best and finally scored the take-down, but Lester was back to his feet very quickly, and the rest of the fight was in the clinch, Faulkner scoring better with knees, but Frank not faring bad on defence

The second round began again with a feel out moment, during which it was obvious Faulkner had gassed, his hands came down, and the dreaded mouthpiece came out. So they called a time out. So much for the hypnotherapy that Faulkner underwent to try and stop that from happening. If it was karma then the impact on Bisping must have seemed like pure justice from Johnsons point of view. Faulkner went on to lose the round because he was gassed, and by the end of it, so was lester.

However, Lester was prepared to do the third round and Faulkner was not. "im not going to go out there for the sake of being macho" he said. Bisping vertually begged, and I mean begged, but Faulkner had decided he didnt want to fight anymore. Apparently he enjoyed the fight, but simply had no desire to continue. Bisping couldnt understand and it enraged him, but not enough to actually scream at Faulkner after the fight.

It was hard not to be delighted for Lester, the kid doesnt stand a chance in winning the contract, but he's not afraid to do his duty, I hope when the smoke from the battle finally clears, someone will take notice in him, and give him a short go in the preimier leagues, he might not win...but he's not frightened to try even if it means going down in a blaze of glory, blood, guts...and teeth also.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:09 AM

Dana must have stepped in regarding switching training times because the next thing we saw was the UK team going in for the morning session and Bisping saying something about the "high ups" overuling him.

I thought it was terrible when Bisping squirted his water in Damarques' face. I guess Bisping thought since he's a "coach" he could get away with **** like that. In my opinion, he's lucky Damarques' just threw his hat at him. You could tell he wanted to go after Bisping and I don't blame him. I guess Bisping doesn't think he should be acting in a manner (since he is the coach and the veteran so to speak) as to be an example to his team.

But, you know what, sometimes karma has a way of evening things out. I'm sure Johnson got some measure of enjoyment when Bisping's fighter didn't want to go back in for round 3.

I must say this batch of fighters, both American and UK, are quite baffling.