Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-02-2009, 04:00 AM
que

every great fighter has quit in his career before. hughes did against GSP, GSP did against serra, BJ did against GSP. GSP made the right decision by tapping because he knew he was beat and BJ's coach made the right decision by telling the ref to stop it because he knew BJ was beat. the list goes on. this thread is very hypocritical and alot of people need to grow up here.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:00 AM

Well, I am not here THAT often these days, but I do visit at least once or twice a day during non-event weeks. I've been here long enough that it's getting easier to find the lines drawn, even when they are moved every now and again lol.

I'm cool with it... If all else fails, I'll thrown some Hughes gear on, and just shout at the monitor lmfao.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:04 AM
ufcfan2

I don't know if I would call BJ a quitter,but the doc and his corner must of saw something to call fight. Why take a chance of getting seriously hurt if u don't have too. He just looked like crap the whole fight,and some of it was do to GSP,but some of it was something else(maybe the rumors of GSP oiling up was true )

Bj needs to stay at 155 but I understand the lust for more competition he just got nailed on this one...I still don't believe he trained right for this fight,and hes way to reliant on the hype on his skills. Theres always someone better at Jits/boxing etc...
He seriously needs to think about joining a legit camp that can push him and make him better. I know this sounds odd,but maybe he needs to take a page out of Karo's book and join Greg Jackson's camp.....along with GSP No shame in trying to better urself.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:11 AM
ufcfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
every great fighter has quit in his career before. hughes did against GSP, GSP did against serra, BJ did against GSP. GSP made the right decision by tapping because he knew he was beat and BJ's coach made the right decision by telling the ref to stop it because he knew BJ was beat. the list goes on. this thread is very hypocritical and alot of people need to grow up here.
Just gotta remember BJ bashing here is okay hes public enemy #1 on this site
Just gotta remember don't bash Matt or Nate will pull ur nose hairs out one by one or don't bash Pulver or Tyburn will reach thru the computer and put a hex on you
O, and its definately okay to bash Matt Serra don't know who is more hated on this site him or BJ.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:13 AM
Hughes_GOAT

if he were a quitter, he would have let GSP pound him out instead of fighting every second of every round he was out there. his big brother saw his flesh n blood getting wrecked and wanted to save him. that's a lot different than tapping early to an armbar without fighting it or tapping to strikes which BJ could have done (but didn't) and GSP did.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R
Trust me, I'm not hot and bothered, and no one here is controlling anything I have said, or will say, on these forums. I don't think BJ needs saving. I don't remember the rules being so lax before the switch, that was my reasoning for posting that part. I know it wouldn't be allowed if Matt were being disrespected like this, and it shouldn't be any different for any other fighter, be it BJ, GSP, etc. That's just my opinion though.

If the staff is all good with the way it is, I can play along too. Within the rules of course. ;)
Being that this is matt-hughes.com, we don't allow Matt Hughes bashing. People have been bashing BJ on here since the beginning, so I'm not sure what you are referring to.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:21 AM
Stump Rules!

I know if someone was holding me down endlessly beating my face in I'd tap like a mother ****er not even care about what a bunch of internet warriors thought about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by que

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-02-2009, 04:26 AM
TonyCap

I don't think BJ prepared properly for this fight. They had a special on Spike TV, and they showed him really slacking. I wasn't surprised he lost.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:32 AM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
nope he quit .. have it on dvr and they are asking bj if he wanted to go on and he didn't answer ... then they were saying bj come on, only one more round you have to go ... still no response .. he quit ... no shame in quitting to a better fighter
Old 02-02-2009, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Being that this is matt-hughes.com, we don't allow Matt Hughes bashing. People have been bashing BJ on here since the beginning, so I'm not sure what you are referring to.
Oh cmon Nate. I can picture you now lol. Rolling your eyes, looking up, whistling, whilst thinking, "Why F34R, whatever do you mean?". It's one thing for members to quote other fighters when they [fighters] talk trash about people. It's another thing to just blindly allow members here to throw insults about anyone on a whim. Especially about people that aren't here to defend themselves.

Obviously that is a more perfect world scenario, where people would treat others with respect, present or not. I have already conceded that this isn't that scenario. Do I like it? Not really. Can I still operate here within the rules, and my own set of moral values? Absolutely. Thanks for playing the, "Rattle F34R's Feathers". We haven't had a winner yet hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
I know if someone was holding me down endlessly beating my face in I'd tap like a mother ****er not even care about what a bunch of internet warriors thought about it
The intro had me tapping already lol.