Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-01-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
From your response, if that's what I was really trying to do. I'd say it worked!
Nah.. lol I have a lot thicker skin than that. I just think it is really ironic that the thing most people here act just like that of which they complain. I'm just not really sure why this type of behavior is accepted more now than before.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R
There needs to be a certain element of moderation which has mostly become absent from this site.

Careful what you ask for.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:53 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Nah.. lol I have a lot thicker skin than that. I just think it is really ironic that the thing most people here act just like that of which they complain. I'm just not really sure why this type of behavior is accepted more now than before.
lol, you're no fun
Old 02-01-2009, 09:54 PM
warriorlion

as if the BJ fans would not have been going on about how great BJ was if he had not had his face pounded for 4 rounds.

in fact I think there were already people going on about how it would have made him the best p4p fighter by winning
Old 02-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
Some of you are being ridicalous in your vendetta against BJ Penn.
It's nothing he didn't bring on himself..

Quote:
You talk about him like his a chump and a coward but he fought with ann awesome athelete and was beaten, beaten hard.
Didn't look to me that GSP was trying that hard.. Baby Jay was just outclassed

Quote:
He couldn't fight no more, he had nothing left because Georges had pummelled him but i believe BJ would of continued to take that punishment until he was out.
Well since his OWN BROTHER.... said Baby Jay couldn't take it any more.. I guess we will never know.. I mean it's not like Baby Jay said to his brother "Ahh hell no!!! I ain't going out like that.." He just ... well.. kinda sat there... and did nothing...

Quote:
I think to say he quit, is twisting it hugely. Its like saying to a fighter who got knocked out, his a quiter. the fact is BJ had nothing left to fight, he was beat,
no.. completely different.. a KO.. when your trying to win.. no shame in that.. I don't even think tapping to strikes or a sub is bad.. to have so much pride that you wouldn't..even though your head is being handed to you .. shows your real value..

Quote:
he didnt quit whilst having more to give. I didnt see him tap when put into a bad posistion.
It's kind hard to tap physically when your in a crucifix.. and really tough to verbally submit when you are being force fed Canadian bacon on the end of fists...

Quote:
That being said i dont think badly of GSP for when he did tap from strikes, it doesnt bother me but look as you are all testimony to BJ has this thrown back at him, perhaps with some justification but i think some have taken it too seriously.
what?? I don't understand...

That GSP tapped due to strikes was just showing that he was beaten.. Nothing more.. nothing less.. It's Baby Jay that had the huge problem with it..

Quote:
People are saying this is what he deserves for running his mouth, to me it was far from constant, he made odd, sporadic comments and ultimately spoke of respect. So i think its harsh to paint BJ as a Tito, Serra character.
Spoke of respect after he had his bother toss in the towel..

$10.00 says he will be talking smack in the next week...

Quote:
Sure, make him eat his words but to be literally ramming it back down with such emotion to me i find to strong
Maybe Baby Jay will think twice before speaking so harshly, however oddly and sporadic, in the future.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:32 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce13
To me it is the same as GSP 'quitting' against Serra. They knew they were beat, why continue where they could get hurt worse? It is the smart thing to do, live to fight another day.
I like you. I dont remember you from before the Server Switich, but you seem to have some sense
Old 02-01-2009, 10:34 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
There needs to be a certain element of moderation which has mostly become absent from this site.
Excuse you.

But thats no way to talk about Moderators that work VERY hard on this Forum.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Crisco

Fear your a grown up. You don't need the mods to protect you from threads.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker

Didn't look to me that GSP was trying that hard.. Baby Jay was just outclassed

Yes he was outclassed, out worked, out everything but thats not because BJ is gutless and useless, its because GSP was that good

Well since his OWN BROTHER.... said Baby Jay couldn't take it any more.. I guess we will never know.. I mean it's not like Baby Jay said to his brother "Ahh hell no!!! I ain't going out like that.." He just ... well.. kinda sat there... and did nothing...
[COLOR="red"]Why because he had been beaten senseless, look at the blows he was taking, he was probably confused, dazed, tired beyond belief, he had no energy for anything other than to go out for another round to be beaten senseless. Credit to Bj for lasting that long, i dont think anyone can question his heart and balls[COLOR="red"]

no.. completely different.. a KO.. when your trying to win.. no shame in that.. I don't even think tapping to strikes or a sub is bad.. to have so much pride that you wouldn't..even though your head is being handed to you .. shows your real value..
I dont think its bad either, but BJ only made breif reference to it on the programme, a brief one sentence, it wasnt constant or repeated other than on a show designed to get this stuff said

It's kind hard to tap physically when your in a crucifix.. and really tough to verbally submit when you are being force fed Canadian bacon on the end of fists...

what?? I don't understand...

That GSP tapped due to strikes was just showing that he was beaten.. Nothing more.. nothing less.. It's Baby Jay that had the huge problem with it..

Again, i dont see where BJ had a HUGE problem with it, he just said he thinks your a pussy to do it. He didnt make a huge issue out of it. And loook fair enough that pussy just beat him. However lets be honest by GSP's own admission the one that fought Serra that night was a less of a man who he was today, he was less dedicated, hsi mind wasnt right. His own admission

Spoke of respect after he had his bother toss in the towel..

$10.00 says he will be talking smack in the next week...

I am not 100% but i am sure at the pre interviews and it other ones, im sure BJ openly admitted respect for GSP and how much of a great fighter he was

Maybe Baby Jay will think twice before speaking so harshly, however oddly and sporadic, in the future.
No doubt of that!
Old 02-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Doesn't matter where you register and post this crap. It's trolling and flame bait regardless. Posted for the sole reason to get a rise out of the bj fans on this site. Period.

I'm a mod, not your mama. There's nothing in this thread at this point which requires moderation. I believe in letting people post their opinions and hash things out unless there is just a blatant disregard for the rules which everyone had to agree to prior to registering their account here. So what if someone wants to post something just to tick you or others off. If you get all hot and bothered over it and post back then you let them control you. You always have the option of skipping it and reading something you find pleasant.

~Amy

My son made this for me: