Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default Franklin wants a Rematch with Henderson

"I won’t rest well until we have a chance to get better acquainted inside the octagon. I want a rematch."

From his blog, He also says he's not pissed at losing because he says thats what you get if you leave it to the Judges Decision, you run that risk no matter your performance.

Good news though...although his eye looks...well like a fried egg thats been stampped on....

"Everyone has been asking about his eye- from the eye poke at the end of the fight- and we are happy to say he doesn’t need surgery. He does have a cut on the white part of his eye and a slight tear, but it doesn’t require surgery"
Old 02-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Champ2be

The way I look at it if they fought 10 times Franklin would win 5 times and Hendo would win 5 times. I think they are very very evenly matched.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:23 PM
TheConcretekid

The UFC should have a senior citizens league where big names of old can fight each other and not have to get embarrased by the youngins. There are a lot of great fighters who are still great, but are not going to be winning any belts anytime soon. These would include:

Liddell, Couture, Hendo, Franlin, Shogun, Wandi, Coleman, etc.

I need to repeat myself. These guys are great fighters and can beat 95% of the MMA world, but I just dont see Liddell (who once had a 10 fight win streak but now lost 3 of his last 4 fights... with his only win coming from Wandi who lost 4 of his last 5 fights) coming back and beating Lyoto, Rashad, Forest etc.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:55 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheConcretekid
The UFC should have a senior citizens league where big names of old can fight each other and not have to get embarrased by the youngins. There are a lot of great fighters who are still great, but are not going to be winning any belts anytime soon. These would include:

I need to repeat myself. These guys are great fighters and can beat 95% of the MMA world, but I just dont see Liddell (who once had a 10 fight win streak but now lost 3 of his last 4 fights... with his only win coming from Wandi who lost 4 of his last 5 fights) coming back and beating Lyoto, Rashad, Forest etc.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:01 PM
kevint13

Quote:
Franklin and Shogun aren't that old. You make it sound like we should lead them all out to pasture and put them down. Just because they may not ever see gold again means they should step aside and let the 'youngins' take over? Amazing how times have changed and people forget...two years ago Randy is a hero for being in his 40s and winning the HW title. This is MMA, anything can happen.

As for Hendo and Rich, I would love to see it again.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:25 PM
Jason 16

Quote:

who cares wandy had a 17 fight win streak sorry had to throw that in there
Old 02-01-2009, 09:58 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

I hope they fight again aswell...but first lets watch Henderson in the limelight of TUF and see how he fairs
Old 02-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce13
Franklin and Shogun aren't that old. You make it sound like we should lead them all out to pasture and put them down. Just because they may not ever see gold again means they should step aside and let the 'youngins' take over? Amazing how times have changed and people forget...two years ago Randy is a hero for being in his 40s and winning the HW title. This is MMA, anything can happen.

As for Hendo and Rich, I would love to see it again.

AGREED!
Old 02-01-2009, 11:33 PM
Champ2be

The only reason Rich and Hendo arent gonna see any belts anytime soon is b/c A. Silva is the champ and NO ONE can beat him right now. It doesnt mean that they are over the hill.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:35 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ2be
The only reason Rich and Hendo arent gonna see any belts anytime soon is b/c A. Silva is the champ and NO ONE can beat him right now. It doesnt mean that they are over the hill.
Henderson can beat Silva....Franklin... I dont wanna see him try again