Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 02-04-2009, 01:01 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHITOWNHUGHESFAN
I respect your Cardinal point. But I have a Steeler Point as well. This is all in good fun.
About Harrison. You and John Madden need to stop drinking the cool aid. He got a personal foul, 15 yards. Good call. If he deserved that. Play was still going on.Football is a tough sport. No punch. If there was he would of been thrown out.Dont hate the man do the fact he had the longest TD ever in a Super Bowl .
Also this game has no question mark over it. Cardinals are a great team and played well. Penlty's will kill any team. Maybe thats why they finished 9-7. Penalty's are part of the game. Like the 3 holding calls alone on Harrison. But if he didnt hold Warner. He would of not finished the game standing.
It was a great game . Ill leave it as that.
Harrison actually did throw a punch, to the body....

1:12, not a haymaker, but still a punch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIF_ucHzbIk
Old 02-04-2009, 01:44 AM
CHITOWNHUGHESFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
Harrison actually did throw a punch, to the body....

1:12, not a haymaker, but still a punch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIF_ucHzbIk
Your joking right. Those shots are giving every snap of every game. It was a open hand shove. That knocked a player on his butt. I guess he will think twice before going after someone knees. Most hated thing to do to a defensive lineman. Cutting is a no no and pisses the big voilent defender off . My only question was it after the play. It looks like there was action still going on down field. 15 yd's penalty was justified due to demeanor of hit.

Last edited by CHITOWNHUGHESFAN; 02-04-2009 at 01:58 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:23 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Harrison threw a punch at his wife....
Old 02-04-2009, 02:30 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Nobody is hating on Harrison for getting the TD, I even agreed that it was a TD unlike many Cardinals fans. Harrison WAS throwing punches, I have it on my DVR and have watched too many friggin times in the last two days. He is punk and should have gotten the boot.

Bottom line, you are not going to get any of the "Steeler nation" to admit any of their teams's shortcomings, or any of the ref's shortcomings either. Why? Because their team won. Plain and simple. Had it been the other way around, this thread would be latent with remarks from Steelers fans on how the officiating was BULLCRAP. Yes, and most Arizona fans would write it off and say so what, but I would not. I have agreed that a lot of the mistakes in this game were AZ's fault, and I agree on the holding calls against Gandy were legit. But the roughing the passer, the personal fouls on 3rd downs, the non-reviewing of plays, and missed calls against Pittsburgh is just TOO MUCH. If you guys don't wanna believe me, just look at the numbers. The Cards had over DOUBLE the penalties called against them, and it was a record amount of penalty yards for the Super Bowl.

This crap about not throwing a flag at the end of the game because he was celebrating is nothing more than BULL****. Screw that, if you are gonna have a rule, you better enforce it. ESPECIALLY in a game of this size. Saying you should NOT call it because it is the super bowl is just retarded. Thats like saying I'm not gonna let terrorists bomb our country unless it's on the 4th of July. How stupid does that sound?

Lastly, the Cards were not 9-7 because of penalties. In fact, in the regular season the Cards defense gave up 98 penalties for 816 yards, while the Steelers gave up 91 penalties for 801 yards, not a really big difference if you ask me. Of course penalties will kill any team, and most of those called on Sunday were bogus. Weather the Steeler nation believe it or not.

Oh yeah, Green Bay still has more titles...

Last edited by J.B.; 02-04-2009 at 02:40 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:02 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Nobody is hating on Harrison for getting the TD, I even agreed that it was a TD unlike many Cardinals fans. Harrison WAS throwing punches, I have it on my DVR and have watched too many friggin times in the last two days. He is punk and should have gotten the boot.

Bottom line, you are not going to get any of the "Steeler nation" to admit any of their teams's shortcomings, or any of the ref's shortcomings either. Why? Because their team won. Plain and simple. Had it been the other way around, this thread would be latent with remarks from Steelers fans on how the officiating was BULLCRAP. Yes, and most Arizona fans would write it off and say so what, but I would not. I have agreed that a lot of the mistakes in this game were AZ's fault, and I agree on the holding calls against Gandy were legit. But the roughing the passer, the personal fouls on 3rd downs, the non-reviewing of plays, and missed calls against Pittsburgh is just TOO MUCH. If you guys don't wanna believe me, just look at the numbers. The Cards had over DOUBLE the penalties called against them, and it was a record amount of penalty yards for the Super Bowl.

This crap about not throwing a flag at the end of the game because he was celebrating is nothing more than BULL****. Screw that, if you are gonna have a rule, you better enforce it. ESPECIALLY in a game of this size. Saying you should NOT call it because it is the super bowl is just retarded. Thats like saying I'm not gonna let terrorists bomb our country unless it's on the 4th of July. How stupid does that sound?

Lastly, the Cards were not 9-7 because of penalties. In fact, in the regular season the Cards defense gave up 98 penalties for 816 yards, while the Steelers gave up 91 penalties for 801 yards, not a really big difference if you ask me. Of course penalties will kill any team, and most of those called on Sunday were bogus. Weather the Steeler nation believe it or not.

lol, did you see the replay where Fitzgerald was running down to tackle him and Rolle popped out of the sideline and bumped Fitzgerald and cleaned him out of the play. he still almost got Harrison. we won't talk about all the clips on that play either.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:11 AM
CHITOWNHUGHESFAN

Quote:
Steelers have the most SUPER BOWLS. Green Bay titles early were before the AFL joined. So no count as Super Bowls........... . On that last review. I agree they should of went up stairs offically. Even they already reviewed the play and saw the fumble and noted not to call down to the field. I think you Cards fans had enough damn reviews.........Ben's TD, Harrison's return,Holmes TD...I forgot the other one. Help me out JB. Steelers with none. I believe the most penaltized Super Bowl game was Panthers vs Patriots (heard it on Mike and Mike). Side Note: If the damn Steelers didnt try to run all the time in both 1st and goals the game would of been over before half but settled with FG. You guys gave us a run for our money for sure . Fitz tackle was illegal. Only if your forced out of bounce. Can you continue until you can get back to the field. You cant just run out of bounce all the way down the field and aviod blocks. Pass the cheerleaders.Pass the Gatorade. Pass the phones then come back and make the tackle LMAO. There is a rule some where..!!!

Last edited by CHITOWNHUGHESFAN; 02-04-2009 at 04:18 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:35 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHITOWNHUGHESFAN
Steelers have the most SUPER BOWLS. Green Bay titles early were before the AFL joined. So no count as Super Bowls........... . On that last review. I agree they should of went up stairs offically. Even they already reviewed the play and saw the fumble and noted not to call down to the field. I think you Cards fans had enough damn reviews.........Ben's TD, Harrison's return,Holmes TD...I forgot the other one. Help me out JB. Steelers with none. I believe the most penaltized Super Bowl game was Panthers vs Patriots (heard it on Mike and Mike). Side Note: If the damn Steelers didnt try to run all the time in both 1st and goals the game would of been over before half but settled with FG. You guys gave us a run for our money for sure . Fitz tackle was illegal. Only if your forced out of bounce. Can you continue until you can get back to the field. You cant just run out of bounce all the way down the field and aviod blocks. Pass the cheerleaders.Pass the Gatorade. Pass the phones then come back and make the tackle LMAO. There is a rule some where..!!!
Nice try, but I said "titles" (i.e. championships). Super Bowl is just the commercialized tag that has been applied to the championship game. Green Bay has the most, deal with it. Pittsburgh fans cannot just rewrite history as they see fit, like liberals with schoolbooks.

I did not ever once say the crappy calls are the only reason AZ lost. They made mistakes too. I mean, Arizona WAS winning the game with only 2 minutes left, so obviously some things were right and some were wrong. However, for you to say that "the game would of been over" if Pittsburgh had done what you suggested is just without merit and utterly ridiculous. Unless of course, your name is somewhere on the list of people who are up for job as head coach or offensive coordinator somewhere around the NFL. There are things I would have done different if I were calling plays for the Cardinals, but I would not say I am for sure right, or that it would have sealed the game. Thats just silly.

As for how many reviews the Cardinals got...DEAL WITH IT. We got both our challenges RIGHT, and just because we had that many plays that needed to be reviewed does not mean you should just STOP LOOKING AT QUESTIONABLE PLAYS. That's just dumb. ALSO, Goat is right, I did not even bother to mention the clipping committed by the Steelers on the TD runback by Harrison, only because we did come back after that, but still.

I blame this on OBAMA, he picked the Steelers...friggin dems are always messing things up.

Last edited by J.B.; 02-04-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:09 PM
County Mike

Where's Chuck? I haven't seen him since the new forums went online.

Yo Chuck! Where you at?
Old 02-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Max

Quote:
Nice try, but I said "titles" (i.e. championships). Super Bowl is just the commercialized tag that has been applied to the championship game. Green Bay has the most, deal with it. Pittsburgh fans cannot just rewrite history as they see fit, like liberals with schoolbooks.
please, the only titles that mean anything in the NFL are superbowls.

Last edited by Max; 02-04-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:12 PM
internationalharvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
please, the only titles that mean anything in the NFL are superbowls.

agreed, that GB's titles are little more than saying oh yeah well my team as more NFC championships lol