Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 02-02-2009, 02:13 AM

CONGRATULATIONS, CHUCK!!!
Old 02-02-2009, 02:16 AM

Sorry, J.B., your Cardinals gave it their best in the 4th.

It was an exciting 4th quarter! I wasn't invested in either team except for Chuck and J.B; but, I did want to see an exciting close finish and it was that!
Old 02-02-2009, 02:32 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

The Steelers got it done, but that was some of the worst officiating I have ever seen. Besides the other 10 bad calls I saw, the final play was definitely forward motion. The booth should have at least reviewed it. But alas, the Steelers win and the NFL makes more money.

Congrats to Pittsburgh.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:48 AM
Stump Rules!

And for the very best part of the Super Bowl!
BRUUUUUUCE SPRINGSTEEN AND THE E STREET BAND!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TV8NObrEpk

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-02-2009, 03:10 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Cardinals were robbed, LOL.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:26 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Warner didn't have control of the ball when his hand started coming forward. He was pulling it back, got hit & the defender put his hand on the ball, then the arm came forward. Fumble, Steelers recover, Ring #6!!!

Great game, though, JB, it was a fantastic contest all 60min!!
Old 02-02-2009, 03:31 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
The Steelers got it done, but that was some of the worst officiating I have ever seen. Besides the other 10 bad calls I saw, the final play was definitely forward motion. The booth should have at least reviewed it. But alas, the Steelers win and the NFL makes more money.

Congrats to Pittsburgh.
I was rooting for the Cards, and I thought there were some questionable calls, but the fumble at the end was just that, a fumble...I thought they should have at least given it a look, but I don't think it would have been overturned, it looked to me as if he had an empty hand when his arm was coming forward...Being as I am not really a fan of either team, I would not have been disappointed whichever way it ended, but I am satisfied because it was a great game and fun to watch
Old 02-02-2009, 03:40 AM
internationalharvester

WOOOOOOOOO HOT DAMN lol
Old 02-02-2009, 03:50 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Warner didn't have control of the ball when his hand started coming forward. He was pulling it back, got hit & the defender put his hand on the ball, then the arm came forward. Fumble, Steelers recover, Ring #6!!!

Great game, though, JB, it was a fantastic contest all 60min!!
I give mad credit to the Steelers, especially seeing how they manage to keep finding a way to win with such an inconsistent QB. That being said...

I'm not one who is too big on conspiracy theories, but that officiating STUNK! It's no secret that not a lot people actually like the Cardinals, and the NFL is set to make a lot more money in merchandise with the Steelers being the champs. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

I mean c'mon...some of those penalties against AZ were absolute GARBAGE, and I counted at least 2 or 3 times that they did not call Roughing the Passer on Pittsburgh when they should have.

As for the last "fumble". I strongly DISAGREE. I felt like Kurt had forward motion before the ball was knocked loose, and I watched it multiple times. Regardless, the bottom line is, they did not even bother to review it. They just said, NOPE... Steelers win. What a load of crap. This is the damn Super Bowl, they could have at least reviewed the play.

Santonio Holmes came through, I give him props, and AZ waited too long to spread the receivers out and try getting it to Larry Fitzgerald. Really though, Pittsburgh got lucky, 7 or 8 out of 10 times that pass to Holmes for the last TD is getting picked off. Amazing catch, good for him.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:05 AM
Primadawn

I wouldn't have cared if they had reviewed that last play. Wouldn't have changed anything-wouldn't have been overturned.

And if you think the officiating was crap, it went both ways, friend. There was so much holding by the Cardinals that didn't get called--and then they got the safety on an absolute crap call...

Either way...STEELERS MAKE HISTORY!!! Wooohooo!