Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 02-11-2009, 05:18 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Default Favre Retires

AGAIN...

Hopefully he is for real this time.

Actually, I gotta be honest, I wanted to see him come back next season. I was hoping for a Warner vs Favre Super Bowl. We can call it the Foggie Bowl.

Last edited by J.B.; 02-11-2009 at 10:47 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:27 PM
matthughesfan21

thank god, hopefully he goes away for good now
Old 02-11-2009, 05:54 PM
kyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
thank god, hopefully he goes away for good now
You know I have nothing but respect for the man I never like the teams he played on and he never was my favorite QB but for a guy to come in at his age and have to go and learn a whole new system .....I say he did pretty damn good job. they won 4 games last year and 9 games this year that's a good turn around yeah he may have played poor down the stretch and I think that's why he is calling it quits now b/c he knows its time to hang it up. I'm just happy I even got to see him play a few times in person.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:57 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle
You know I have nothing but respect for the man I never like the teams he played on and he never was my favorite QB but for a guy to come in at his age and have to go and learn a whole new system .....I say he did pretty damn good job. they won 4 games last year and 9 games this year that's a good turn around yeah he may have played poor down the stretch and I think that's why he is calling it quits now b/c he knows its time to hang it up. I'm just happy I even got to see him play a few times in person.
I agree, he really turned that team around last season, until the end that is.

I wish him well and I am glad I got to grow up watching him play. He is arguably the best QB ever.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
I agree, he really turned that team around last season, until the end that is.

I wish him well and I am glad I got to grow up watching him play. He is arguably the best QB ever.
What about Ben???????
Old 02-11-2009, 09:31 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
What about Ben???????
Don't get mad Chuck, but I am convinced that Ben might just be the most mediocre QB to ever get two rings.

Now, thats not to say that he is not a great QB, but when you think of the QBs who have been able to do it more than once, and think of their performances, Big Ben don't sit so high up on the list, IMO.

now don't beat me up to badly!
Old 02-11-2009, 09:37 PM
Krupp

You know, I don't know how this is a big deal. He should've retired before this season and stayed that way. For anyone to think that he had a chance to go to the superbowl with the Jets of all teams, well, let's just say you were kidding yourselves.

With that said, I hope he enjoyes retirement. I'm sure it'll be fun not having to worry about a linbacker or big defensive guy sneaking up on him.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:55 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krupp
You know, I don't know how this is a big deal. He should've retired before this season and stayed that way. For anyone to think that he had a chance to go to the superbowl with the Jets of all teams, well, let's just say you were kidding yourselves.

With that said, I hope he enjoyes retirement. I'm sure it'll be fun not having to worry about a linbacker or big defensive guy sneaking up on him.
Did you watch this season?

The Cardinals almost won the SB, so I think it's safe to say it was possible that they could have pulled out some upsets.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:18 PM
hizo64

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Did you watch this season?

The Cardinals almost won the SB, so I think it's safe to say it was possible that they could have pulled out some upsets.
Ya, my New York Giants did it last year to the 18-1 Patriots!
Old 02-11-2009, 10:22 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hizo64
Ya, my New York Giants did it last year to the 18-1 Patriots!
And I was cheering for them adamantly!!! I am not a Pats fan, or a Boston fan for that matter, and I was happy to seem the blow it! Now nobody will ever care that they were undefeated! I LOVE IT!