Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-09-2009, 11:25 AM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Correct.

Mr Banner, from my experience even if what you said was true, Mr Miletich would never be unporfessional enough to go blabbing to the press about his protege. I think that whats going on with Drew is the culmination of a great number of issues that may go back a fair way. Drew, from my experience, can be quite moody and can be extremely odd. Personally, I think that his corner team should have been from his fight camp, and that he shouldnt have said whatever comment he did which was taken the wrong way, and Drew accepts that.

I dont think there can be too much hostility between these two fight camps. For a start Matt Hughes is not the only former MFSer to start his own gym, Jeremy Horn has, I think Spencer Fisher has, Jens Pulver splits his time between several different and totally unrelated camps, Matt Pena seems to have connections and flit between both...and Mr Miletich is opening his doors in September to receive, in person, a visit from a Senior Moderator on this Forum...I just cant except, through all my research, and al my chatting with these people online, that unless you train at MFS you have nothing more then an opinion based on false reporting at best, and wild accusatory lies at worst.

This is NOT Sherdog, on this forum we are nice to each other, and we are not rude to authority figures like the Forum Administrator. So I ask you to do yourself a favour and respectfully calm yourself down. There is no need to talk about Miletich that way unless you show your source, and there is no need to speak to Nathan that way either. I'm sure you are plenty old enough to understand how to be professional and extend your courtesy to others Patrons...by all means aire your views, but if you make accusations, lets see your evidence, particularly if it involves Matt Hughes, HIT Squad, MFS or any of its affiliate Fighters, because these guys are friends with each other, and their are Patrons on this forum who have met, live in the local vacinity to, and work with them everyday.

I dont know anything about Pat, Matt, Horn, any of these guys. I simply posted a quote, which supported a comment I made. You guys are grave digging right now.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Banner
I dont know anything about Pat, Matt, Horn, any of these guys. I simply posted a quote, which supported a comment I made. You guys are grave digging right now.
I havent seen you post any direct quote from any source.

What you did was paraphrase a quote from Ben Rothwell, and claim it came from Patrick Miletich. You were then rude to the Administrator of this Forum, who knows, personally, knows, the people you are miss quoting, and miss representing.

If you had bothered to find the quote in an artical you would have been able to read that it wasnt from Miletich...but you cant be arsed to post a link to support your wrongful claim.

when presented with this information, you fail to appologise.

Trust me when I say, the grave digging isnt being done on our side.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Ok, so what are you playing at? Are you saying I knew the statement was retracted?

Remembering one sentence out of a interview isnt exactly, fishy. But thank you for reiterate my "claim".
What? Don't be defensive.

I didn't say anything except that you where mistaken as to who you attribute your statement too.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:03 PM
David_Banner

Quote:
I havent seen you post any direct quote from any source.

What you did was paraphrase a quote from Ben Rothwell, and claim it came from Patrick Miletich. You were then rude to the Administrator of this Forum, who knows, personally, knows, the people you are miss quoting, and miss representing.

If you had bothered to find the quote in an artical you would have been able to read that it wasnt from Miletich...but you cant be arsed to post a link to support your wrongful claim.

when presented with this information, you fail to appologise.

Trust me when I say, the grave digging isnt being done on our side.

HAHAHAH I was called a liar by the shipmaster administrator because I commented on a quote that he didnt believe existed. Now that it has been proven to exist, originally being sourced from one of Pats fighters, you're still trying to turn it around that I'm at fault. I was insulted, and because I responded, its my fault.... Dont hold your breath waiting for my apology.

I still maintain I read it in a PAT ARTICLE soon after Matt left MFS. Why would I possibly make that up? What would I gain from that? I thought the Pat and Matt werent friends, this whole time, so all this "Pat & Matt 4EVERZ" stuff is news to me.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
HAHAHAH I was called a liar by the shipmaster administrator because I commented on a quote that he didnt believe existed. Now that it has been proven to exist, originally being sourced from one of Pats fighters, you're still trying to turn it around that I'm at fault. I was insulted, and because I responded, its my fault.... Dont hold your breath waiting for my apology.

I still maintain I read it in a PAT ARTICLE soon after Matt left MFS. Why would I possibly make that up? What would I gain from that? I thought the Pat and Matt werent friends, this whole time, so all this "Pat & Matt 4EVERZ" stuff is news to me.

Matt and Pat have always maintained their friendship. Matt didn't leave MFS because he was unhappy, he left to have his own place closer to his family. Pat understood then and to this day has only respect for Matt. You can backtrack and say that it was one of "Pat's fighters" in a "PAT article" who made the remark making it still seem as if you are attributing some blame for it to Pat but ultimately it was not Pat who said it and that makes a huge difference. He doesn't tell his guys what they can and can't say so it has nothing to do with him. Each man owns his own words and opinions. Plus, the media loves to find something to say that will cause a stir and it's not our fault if you buy into that.

If you have truly been a fan of Matt, you'd know that he and Pat have remained friends. It's not a difficult concept, really....

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 06-11-2009, 12:46 PM
County Mike

I just read this thread.

Banner: You made a BOLD statement that wasn't true. People called you on it and it turns out you were mistaken. Rather than just say something like "My bad. I thought it came from Pat.", you get all defensive. The people on this forum are pretty loyal to Matt Hughes and to most of the Miletich camp. If you say something negative about them, and it's wrong, they're going to jump.

I'm sure if I said something negative about one of your family members or close friends, you'd be quick to jump to their defense. As you should be. That's all this is. Don't take it so personally, admit you made a mistake and everything is good.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:

It doesnt matter what you maintain you havent even POSTED the artical you mention! You miss quoted someone, you CLEARLY told us all that it was Patrick Miletich who had made the quote and YOU WERE WRONG.

You attack the Forum Administrator who CREATED these Forums in the first place. A guy who has met Patrick, and a guy who sees Matt Hughes EVERY DAY...you have never spoken to either of them by your own admission.

The fact you thought that Pat and Matt werent friends just shows who dumb you really are, sinse these topics have come up on these forums SEVERAL times. If you dont know a situation...do us all a bloody favour and ASK rather then do what ammounts to slander, and If you cant be nice to The Administrators and Other Forum Moderators who try very hard and put a hell of a lot of effort into this place, perhaps you should assess whether this is really the right forum for you to be posting on.

You were wrong, admit it, appologise, and lets move on.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Well, not only are you mistaken in your assessment of Matt and Pat Miletich's friendship, but you are really just making yourself look silly by continuing to assert your ignorant opinion to save face.

You're trying to prove your point, about two people you've probably never met, using nothing but interview footage. I know both of these men and I can tell you for a FACT that there is no hard feelings between them whatsoever. So, just admit that you were wrong or keep quiet on the subject, either way you should stop making a fool of yourself like this.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Well, not only are you mistaken in your assessment of Matt and Pat Miletich's friendship, but you are really just making yourself look silly by continuing to assert your ignorant opinion to save face.

You're trying to prove your point, about two people you've probably never met, using nothing but interview footage. I know both of these men and I can tell you for a FACT that there is no hard feelings between them whatsoever. So, just admit that you were wrong or keep quiet on the subject, either way you should stop making a fool of yourself like this.
INDEED
Old 06-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
INDEED
Dave!! Your just like me once someone ruffles our feathers its hard to control ourselves!!