Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-03-2009, 08:05 PM
chum567

Default FLD EXCLUSIVE - Drew McFedries: "My Best Knockouts Are The Ones That No One Has Seen.

Alright here is an interview I did with Drew last week

FLD Exclusive - Drew McFedries: "My best KOs are the ones that no one has seen."
Written by Stephanie Pittman
Wednesday, 03 June 2009 12:37

This week I managed to score some time with Drew "the Massacre" McFedries, a well-spoken, yet dangerous fighter who recently sent Xavier Foupa-Pokam packing with his grenade-stuffed cinderblocks. Check out what Drew had to say about his training, his daily battle with Crohn's disease, and the pleasure of knocking his opponents silly, after the jump!

Stephanie Pittman: First of all, I want to say thanks for taking the time to do this interview with the Lockdown. I also want to congratulate you on your recent win at UFC 98. During the post-fight press conference you talked about training with H.I.T Squad and not Miletich. Are you permanently at the H.I.T Squad now, or will you be going back to Miletich and cross-training?

Drew McFedries: Actually I just like the atmosphere created when Iím around the guys that I started training with. They're tough, they grind through works outs. They're also people that hold me to a higher expectation so they push me further. I will say that MFS has been great over the years, but after I made that comment it appears it will be hard for them to take me back. I have no arrangements to train with the H.I.T. Squad, my loyalties have always been to MFS. The truth of the comment I made at the press conference was the fact that I was a bit upset that I had no one at my match from my own gym, MFS. Not to say that preparing for any of my matches wasnít good. I had plenty of support (as far as my training) there but there wasnít a guy from my gym at my fight. I really donít plan on cross-training or gym jumping. I will do what it takes to get ready for my next fight. Whatever it takes. So, no I donít have any plans to commit to another gym at this time.

SP: What is the difference between the two camps and how does one benefit more so than the other?

DM: The benefit for me is being put in a more positive mindset. I think every fighter knows that they need to be mentally ready to enter the Octagon. If you arenít it could make for a long day. I did not train in house with the H.I.T. Squad, so I canít comment on their gym. My preparation for a match back home is second to none, we have a lot of bodies and tough individuals.

Full Interview Here
Fightlockdown.com
Old 06-03-2009, 08:35 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by chum567
Drew McFedries: Actually I just like the atmosphere created when Iím around the guys that I started training with. They're tough, they grind through works outs. They're also people that hold me to a higher expectation so they push me further. I will say that MFS has been great over the years, but after I made that comment it appears it will be hard for them to take me back. I have no arrangements to train with the H.I.T. Squad, my loyalties have always been to MFS. The truth of the comment I made at the press conference was the fact that I was a bit upset that I had no one at my match from my own gym, MFS. Not to say that preparing for any of my matches wasnít good. I had plenty of support (as far as my training) there but there wasnít a guy from my gym at my fight. I really donít plan on cross-training or gym jumping. I will do what it takes to get ready for my next fight. Whatever it takes. So, no I donít have any plans to commit to another gym at this time.
Man. That's gotta hurt.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:51 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
Man. That's gotta hurt.
Yeah that sucks! Whats wrong with people
Old 06-03-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
I will say that MFS has been great over the years, but after I made that comment it appears it will be hard for them to take me back.
That really sucks. I hope they can work something out. I did not know that Drew had Crohn's diseas. one of my best friends has it and I can't imagine the training with it. What a trooper. I'm definitely a fan of his.

[
Old 06-04-2009, 01:25 AM
Jason 16

I also had a team mate with it Iam still not sure what all goes with it exept it hurts allot
Old 06-04-2009, 01:28 AM
Stump Rules!

I think that's very strange and can't help to wonder why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
Man. That's gotta hurt.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 06-04-2009, 03:08 AM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
I think that's very strange and can't help to wonder why.
I'm sure they heard through the grape vine who he was training with. I think its a very touching deal and given all the negative stuff Pat has said about Matt over the years since he left, Im sure there was some bitterness going on. I'm sure Drew training with members of the Hit Squad was quite the slap in the face for Pat, but you know, he has nobody to blame but himself.

I think as Drew eluded to, fighters in this sport need more then just tuff dudes to roll around with. I hope he finds that with Matt & Company.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Banner
I think its a very touching deal and given all the negative stuff Pat has said about Matt over the years since he left,
You're going to have to provide some quotes to back that up, because I don't believe that Pat has ever once said anything negative about Matt leaving MFS. I think your statement above is full of crap, Pat was 100% supportive of Matt opening his own gym.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:24 AM
Stump Rules!

I specifically remember seeing Pat in an interview just after Matt opened that gym saying how he understood and was happy for him.Miletich has his own name and is a legend in the sport anyway. I can't believe he ever said anything negative.I'd like to see the proof.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 06-04-2009, 01:25 PM
Crisco

Militich was also quoted saying there was like 4 or 5 guys who said they would go with Drew to Vegas.

Someone's gotta be lying.