Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 06-03-2009, 12:27 AM
CBCS

Default Strikeforce predictions 6/6/09

Getting ready for this weekend, this card is much stronger than I first realized. Here's how I predict things to go for the maincard fights....

Kevin Randelman vs Mike WhiteheadWhitehead is a very experienced fighters with great submissions. Randelman is a good striker but has serious issues on the ground. If Whitehead can get this to the ground it should be a easy victory for him.

Winner - Whitehead 1st round (Submission)

Phil Baroni vs Joe Riggs
This should be a entertaining fight. Baroni always want's to stand and swing for the fences. Riggs does also, BUT his ground game is very solid.

Winner - Riggs 1st round (Submission - armbar)

Nick Diaz vs Scott Smith

This fight could be fight of the night. If Diaz stands and bangs with Smith, this could turn into fight of the year. Diaz is well rounded, his ground game is very solid and dangerous. Smith loves to stand and give the fans what they want to see...KO's. He has a solid chin and great heart (watch Pete Sell fight.) If this goes they way I'm sure it can, someone could be going to sleep.

Winner - Scott Smith Decision

Andrei Arlovski vs Brett Rogers

Brett Rogers has had nine MMA fights. None of those are notable opponents. His wrestling is very medicore. He tends to be somewhat wild in his fights. He's facing a very well rounded, very experienced Arlovski. This could be a short night for Rogers.

Winner - Arlovski 1st round KO

Robbie Lawler vs Jake Shields
Jake Shields is a great grappler with good Jiu-jitsu and a great transition to mount. His stand up leaves something to be desired with only three (t)ko wins. His conditioning is excelent with ten wins coming by decision.
Robbie Lawler has amazing stand up and heart. He has a stone chin and great conditioning. Working with HIT squad, Marc Fiore and Matt Hughes, I'm sure Lawler is ready if Shields takes it to the ground.

Winner - Lawler 3rd round TKO
Old 06-03-2009, 01:08 AM
Miss Foxy

I thought we were friends until I seen that you didnt pick Nick 2 win.. Hmm I feel a sig bet coming along!!.....
Old 06-03-2009, 01:18 AM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBCS
Getting ready for this weekend, this card is much stronger than I first realized. Here's how I predict things to go for the maincard fights....

Kevin Randelman vs Mike WhiteheadWhitehead is a very experienced fighters with great submissions. Randelman is a good striker but has serious issues on the ground. If Whitehead can get this to the ground it should be a easy victory for him.

Winner - Whitehead 1st round (Submission)

Phil Baroni vs Joe Riggs
This should be a entertaining fight. Baroni always want's to stand and swing for the fences. Riggs does also, BUT his ground game is very solid.

Winner - Riggs 1st round (Submission - armbar)

Nick Diaz vs Scott Smith

This fight could be fight of the night. If Diaz stands and bangs with Smith, this could turn into fight of the year. Diaz is well rounded, his ground game is very solid and dangerous. Smith loves to stand and give the fans what they want to see...KO's. He has a solid chin and great heart (watch Pete Sell fight.) If this goes they way I'm sure it can, someone could be going to sleep.

Winner - Scott Smith Decision

Andrei Arlovski vs Brett Rogers

Brett Rogers has had nine MMA fights. None of those are notable opponents. His wrestling is very medicore. He tends to be somewhat wild in his fights. He's facing a very well rounded, very experienced Arlovski. This could be a short night for Rogers.

Winner - Arlovski 1st round KO

Robbie Lawler vs Jake Shields
Jake Shields is a great grappler with good Jiu-jitsu and a great transition to mount. His stand up leaves something to be desired with only three (t)ko wins. His conditioning is excelent with ten wins coming by decision.
Robbie Lawler has amazing stand up and heart. He has a stone chin and great conditioning. Working with HIT squad, Marc Fiore and Matt Hughes, I'm sure Lawler is ready if Shields takes it to the ground.

Winner - Lawler 3rd round TKO
I think you got the names mixed up in the description randelman it the roided freak of a wrestler and white head is the one with just ok ground game

this is randelmen
Old 06-03-2009, 01:46 AM
CBCS

lol..nah i know who Randelman is. Check out how many times he's been submitted.

Don't get me wrong, Nick is an exiciting fighter. This will be a great match. If Nick takes it to the ground....What do you have in mind Miss Foxy? haha
Old 06-03-2009, 02:00 AM
Jason 16

true and most of the times he got subed was by top 10 guys some were top 5 and I just think that White head SUCKS he made a liveing buy beating realy realy bad fighters and every time he fights a guy with a name he sucks.

sig bet

and is this on hdnet show time or what ??
Old 06-03-2009, 02:35 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:

Don't get me wrong, Nick is an exiciting fighter. This will be a great match. If Nick takes it to the ground....What do you have in mind Miss Foxy? haha
man, look at the names beside the sub losses....shogun, cro cop, waterman, fedor, and sakuraba...none of those guys are scrubs on the ground...Randleman is a wrestler, he is a D-I champion wrestler from Ohio State, I think he wants this fight on the ground.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:46 AM
Miss Foxy

Quote:

If he takes it to the ground I would die happy with a GOGOPLATA!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2009, 08:15 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

I am a fan of Nick's......but I just don't see how he will win this one.

(p.s. Shut up, Dave!)
Old 06-03-2009, 08:19 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

War Robbie!!!

Old 06-03-2009, 08:25 PM
Crisco

Lawler takes it by epic decapitating of shields.

Scott Smith will knock out Nick Diaz if it stays standing.