Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 06-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Administrator

Default The Avengers

Well, looks like the rumors that I've been hearing are true, there are plans for an Avengers movie, along with solo movies for Thor and Captain America.

Of course, it was alluded to in the closing scenes for Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk; but I didn't realize that there was an entire website devoted to this promising movie franchise.
http://avengersnews.com/

Looks like Thor has already been cast:

Chris Hemsworth - he plays Captain Kirk's father in the current Star Trek movie. Seems to be a pretty decent match for the God of Thunder.

Unfortunately, the only rumor that I've found for the casting of Captain America has Will Smith in the role. I'm hoping that one's not true.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR

Well, looks like the rumors that I've been hearing are true, there are plans for an Avengers movie, along with solo movies for Thor and Captain America.

Of course, it was alluded to in the closing scenes for Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk; but I didn't realize that there was an entire website devoted to this promising movie franchise.
http://avengersnews.com/

Looks like Thor has already been cast:

Chris Hemsworth - he plays Captain Kirk's father in the current Star Trek movie. Seems to be a pretty decent match for the God of Thunder.

Unfortunately, the only rumor that I've found for the casting of Captain America has Will Smith in the role. I'm hoping that one's not true.
No way it can be Will Smith!!! actually I'd prefer Paulie Shore over him.

[
Old 06-03-2009, 02:18 AM
Administrator

My biggest problem with Will Smith is not that he's black, but that I haven't really seen any evidence that he can play anyone other than Will Smith in a movie. I want to see a Captain America movie, not just another big-budget Will Smith vehicle.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:04 AM
KidChino

i dont have a problem with chris hemsworth as thor. he makes a fine thor. But will smith as the first avenger???? cmon!!! thats ridiculous.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:18 AM

Quote:
My biggest problem with Will Smith is not that he's black, but that I haven't really seen any evidence that he can play anyone other than Will Smith in a movie. I want to see a Captain America movie, not just another big-budget Will Smith vehicle.
I'm just not a big Smith fan. Plus he just did a super hero flick. I would rather a new up and coming actor bring C.A. to life.

[
Old 06-03-2009, 03:48 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:

DING DING DING!!!! Da Winner!!!!
Old 06-03-2009, 04:29 AM
Administrator

I think Channing Tatum would be a good choice for Captain America. He was recently in the MMA movie, Fighting, and plays Duke in the upcoming, inevitable-crapfest GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra. I'm just not sure if he has the screen presence or talent to play the leading role in a movie.

It's too bad Heath Ledger passed away, he would have been perfect for Captain America (aside from Matt, of course).
Old 06-03-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
I think Channing Tatum would be a good choice for Captain America. He was recently in the MMA movie, Fighting, and plays Duke in the upcoming, inevitable-crapfest GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra. I'm just not sure if he has the screen presence or talent to play the leading role in a movie.

It's too bad Heath Ledger passed away, he would have been perfect for Captain America (aside from Matt, of course).
Tatum would be a good choice. But you're right not sure yet if he has the maturity to play him. That's a tough role to cast. Maybe there's new talent out there that will get and chance to prove himself.

[
Old 06-03-2009, 02:52 PM

Default LOKI ANNOUNCED

Tom Hiddleston will be playing Loki

oh and KENNETH FREKING BRANAGH is directing!!!
Thsi is amazing because he is a fantastic classical actor, and director. this movie continues to gain credibility!

[
Old 06-03-2009, 06:12 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:

Oh yeah!! Channing!