Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-01-2009, 01:03 PM
warriorlion

BJ was always gonna have some excuse for losing, its bad that he resorted to more or less calling GSP a cheat.

The official decision was a doctor stoppage. The announcement was that the doc recommended that the fight be stopped, I know rogan saud it was Bj's brother and showed the images of him waving his hand in a thats enough signal, but the docs must have called it
Old 02-01-2009, 01:05 PM
warriorlion

otherwise the outcome would have been TKO surely. or unable to continue. But Buffer definately said that the fight was ended due to doctor recommendation
Old 02-01-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I told you Penn would role out the excuses if he lost.

Damn his brother for calling the fight though...I mean, I think Penn would rather have been finished in the fifth then had the towl tossed dont you

As for GSP...there must be more to him then grease, he's beaten to many top calibres to be cheating IMHO. Not saying he would never...but he'd have been caught by now if that was regular.

It was the right call regardless. All they was doing was to send BJ out to be pummelled for 5 mins, it would have been folly to do it because it was over, no doubt.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:25 PM
CAVEMAN

I would not expect anything less from Penn and all his nut huggers! ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC!

GSP further proved last night that he is one of the best in the biz right now! AND that is a hard pill to swallow for Penn!
Old 02-01-2009, 01:28 PM

Whatever way, GSP was unstoppable tonight and made Bj looked average, he wasnt able to anything.

I was really disapointed with the fight as BJ couldn't offer anything because GSP was so good.

GSP was just too strong and too big, part of me thinks there should be 165 lb weight division because men like GSP, Alves just look huge against the others.

I feel for BJ, he was well beat and thats that.

I worry about how he will handle this but i hope he goes back to Lw and continues to defend against the pretenders.

For me at the moment, i can't see anyone touching GSP.

But again goes to show how good Kos was to go with him so well when they fought
Old 02-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion

Josh "He's gonna out wrestle ME?!" Koschek...

hehe.. still went down in flames....
Old 02-01-2009, 01:40 PM
GnP

Quote:
Whatever way, GSP was unstoppable tonight and made Bj looked average, he wasnt able to anything.

I was really disapointed with the fight as BJ couldn't offer anything because GSP was so good.

GSP was just too strong and too big, part of me thinks there should be 165 lb weight division because men like GSP, Alves just look huge against the others.

I feel for BJ, he was well beat and thats that.

I worry about how he will handle this but i hope he goes back to Lw and continues to defend against the pretenders.

For me at the moment, i can't see anyone touching GSP.

It also back up what many of us have been saying Fitch put in the performance of a liftime not to get stopped by him with the beating he took
Old 02-01-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker
Josh "He's gonna out wrestle ME?!" Koschek...

hehe.. still went down in flames....

Ha ha agreed but Kos was complacent on that. No one knew how Good GSP was at wrestling.

I think out of his recent fights Kos was the man who gave him the most trouble.

After Alves, i would like to see Kos get back into the mix and a shot.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnP
It also back up what many of us have been saying Fitch put in the performance of a liftime not to get stopped by him with the beating he took

Yeah Fitch was a tough SOB that night and its testament to that. I take my hat of to BJ as well because fair play to him, a la Matt Hughes he was put into some terrible posistions and he tried, he didnt quit.

For me, there surely can be now worse situation than having all your limbs controlled so they have a clear shot at your head. That must be harrowing
Old 02-01-2009, 01:47 PM
GnP

Quote:
Yeah Fitch was a tough SOB that night and its testament to that. I take my hat of to BJ as well because fair play to him, a la Matt Hughes he was put into some terrible posistions and he tried, he didnt quit.

For me, there surely can be now worse situation than having all your limbs controlled so they have a clear shot at your head. That must be harrowing

It must be petrifying. However and i know i should be more mature than this at my age but i feel no sympathy for BJ due to all the crap he talked. especially about GSP taping

Guess quitting in his corner may make him re think those quote. Then again as others have already said probably not