Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-01-2009, 08:22 AM
MMeh

Default BJ Complaining GSP Greased?!? [MERGED]

Okay, I will say straight up I got this off Sherdog, so this could be faulty. But there are multiple threads on the topic, I subsequently Googled it and it's floating around other boards. No article as of yet. I will eat crow if this is a fraud, which knowing some of the Sherdorks, it could be. The bottom line - team Penn is lodging a complaint to the athletic commission that GSP was greased up for the fight.

That said, if this is what BJ is going with, that's pathetic. GSP said on ESPN a cornerman applied Vaseline to his face between rounds, began to do so on his back, caught the error, and an official wiped it off. Considering these guys are checked before they entered the cage, I highly doubt GSP was greased coming in to the fight.

If this report is true, typical BJ Penn. Either his opponent was on steroids, or he separated his ribs, or the judges robbed him, etc. The man never gets beat fair and square, at least in his own mind. I hope this isn't true, because if it is, then all the negative things about BJ are valid. He's always been too much of a crap talking punk for my taste, but this would be rich even for him. Guys like BJ always have an excuse - they have the talent, but they are unwilling to pay the price to be a true champion (frontrunners) and the thing that scares them most is what happened to BJ tonight - being exposed when they lay it on the line (which he should be commended for) and everyone knowing it. Unless you're not competing, you've been beaten, but it takes a real champion to come back from that defeat. BJ, if this is true, you are a joke.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:32 AM
MMeh

Confirmed here: http://www.cagepotato.com/bj-penns-c...between-rounds

Pathetic.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:49 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

I told you Penn would role out the excuses if he lost.

Damn his brother for calling the fight though...I mean, I think Penn would rather have been finished in the fifth then had the towl tossed dont you

As for GSP...there must be more to him then grease, he's beaten to many top calibres to be cheating IMHO. Not saying he would never...but he'd have been caught by now if that was regular.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:59 AM
MMeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I told you Penn would role out the excuses if he lost.

Damn his brother for calling the fight though...I mean, I think Penn would rather have been finished in the fifth then had the towl tossed dont you :blink:

As for GSP...there must be more to him then grease, he's beaten to many top calibres to be cheating IMHO. Not saying he would never...but he'd have been caught by now if that was regular.
No he wouldn't. Guys like that need the excuse (my brother/the doctor stopped it, he cheated, I got hurt, etc.). The thing with BJ Penn is his gift (his talent - which he has a lot of) is his life. Notice I didn't say his accomplishments - that's because for all his talent, if he had even a modicum of a work ethic, he could have gone down as one of the best fighters the sport has ever seen. Instead he's a big "what if". With all the crap he talked before this fight, about how this was his "legacy" night, the way he was beaten demoralized him. You'll see it on the replay, he's a beaten man once it hits him that GSP isn't going to wet himself because he's in the cage with the great BJ Penn. BJ needs the excuses, because without them he has to accept that either he wasn't good enough or he messed up, and that's something his ego won't allow. I'm pretty steamed about this, I should call it a night and return a more rational person Super Sunday.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:06 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMeh
No he wouldn't. Guys like that need the excuse (my brother/the doctor stopped it, he cheated, I got hurt, etc.). The thing with BJ Penn is his gift (his talent - which he has a lot of) is his life. Notice I didn't say his accomplishments - that's because for all his talent, if he had even a modicum of a work ethic, he could have gone down as one of the best fighters the sport has ever seen. Instead he's a big "what if". With all the crap he talked before this fight, about how this was his "legacy" night, the way he was beaten demoralized him. You'll see it on the replay, he's a beaten man once it hits him that GSP isn't going to wet himself because he's in the cage with the great BJ Penn. BJ needs the excuses, because without them he has to accept that either he wasn't good enough or he messed up, and that's something his ego won't allow. I'm pretty steamed about this, I should call it a night and return a more rational person Super Sunday.
I aggree with you. The other thing is, I think this WAS his legacy night and he blew it.

See...Penn is very gifted and he's wasted that gift for a very long time, he's now started to make a Legacy, but it looks like its a bit to late. He's kept the LW title for a while but got no records, and he's failed to beat GSP who HE COULD have beaten last time they met...he's now thirty years old.

In a way this loss might have been enough to at least lead to my hope that he'll now lose the LW title out of dispear rather then being overstretched. Even I wasnt expecting GSP to be as good as the reports made him sound...but that could well have been despiration on GSPs behalf...remember he had nothing to win from this...he's won and Penn still has he's title...and if he lost, he would have lost everything

Until I see the fight, I cant really be more clear
Old 02-01-2009, 10:33 AM
GnP

Quote:
I aggree with you. The other thing is, I think this WAS his legacy night and he blew it.

See...Penn is very gifted and he's wasted that gift for a very long time, he's now started to make a Legacy, but it looks like its a bit to late. He's kept the LW title for a while but got no records, and he's failed to beat GSP who HE COULD have beaten last time they met...he's now thirty years old.

In a way this loss might have been enough to at least lead to my hope that he'll now lose the LW title out of dispear rather then being overstretched. Even I wasnt expecting GSP to be as good as the reports made him sound...but that could well have been despiration on GSPs behalf...remember he had nothing to win from this...he's won and Penn still has he's title...and if he lost, he would have lost everything

Until I see the fight, I cant really be more clear
He really was that good Penn looked like a little boy in the Octagon.

I am actually happy Penn is rolling out the excuses, it means he realizes all that crap he talked before the fight is coming back to haunt him. Simply, if he cant walk the walk don't talk carp before fights. "You tap to strikes your a pussy" Haha what are you then when your brother has to ask the ref to stop your opponent from beating on you anymore
Old 02-01-2009, 10:40 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnP
He really was that good Penn looked like a little boy in the Octagon.

I am actually happy Penn is rolling out the excuses, it means he realizes all that crap he talked before the fight is coming back to haunt him. Simply, if he cant walk the walk don't talk carp before fights. "You tap to strikes your a pussy" Haha what are you then when your brother has to ask the ref to stop your opponent from beating on you anymore
It wont stop him talking crap though..He's always talked crap before a fight, always will...but...I'm suprised GSP was that good...I'll watch the fights tonight...(i slept right through them yesterday by accident )
Old 02-01-2009, 11:14 AM
GnP

Quote:
It wont stop him talking crap though..He's always talked crap before a fight, always will...but...I'm suprised GSP was that good...I'll watch the fights tonight...(i slept right through them yesterday by accident )

wounded i was very close to doing the same, thankfully sky plus saved me

I think it is a case of GSP being that good and BJ being pretty awful he never offered anything. That may be fear of GSP and being beat or something else
Old 02-01-2009, 01:03 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnP
wounded i was very close to doing the same, thankfully sky plus saved me

I think it is a case of GSP being that good and BJ being pretty awful he never offered anything. That may be fear of GSP and being beat or something else
I dont have sky...the annoying thing is I turned over at half two and thought..."I dont have to watch Primetime...I'll just doze til three... "

at 11 I thought..."I've missed it "
Old 02-01-2009, 02:01 PM
County Mike

I guess it was energy sapping grease because BJ was gassed out after the first two minutes of the fight.