Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-02-2009, 04:27 PM
CBCS

Default Michael Bisping

I just came across this piece of info and it kinda pissed me off. I think its great that the winner of Bisping/Hendo gets a title shot, but why in England. Do they automatically think Bisping is going to win? It seems like they cater to him a lot. I know he is a big draw over there but....WTF.

JMO.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15063/winn...title-shot.mma
Old 06-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBCS
I just came across this piece of info and it kinda pissed me off. I think its great that the winner of Bisping/Hendo gets a title shot, but why in England. Do they automatically think Bisping is going to win? It seems like they cater to him a lot. I know he is a big draw over there but....WTF.

JMO.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15063/winn...title-shot.mma
If the card is weak they are guaranteed to sell out the arena with the gate if Bisping is fighting. It will be a huge pay day for the UFC. Silva is not really a draw anywhere.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:44 PM
Krupp

I wouldn't worry about it too much...Bisping is not going to beat Hendo.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:47 PM
CBCS

I don't think he will either. Hendo is my second favorite fighter....wonder who my first is? haha. Seriously though, Bisping hasn't fought anyone like Hendo before.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:54 PM
logrus

Thats all he ever fights on are UK cards. When he losses to Hendo he will still be on that card and hyped big time.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:01 PM

It makes sense, Britains biggest MMA star against a Brazilian as the main fight would probably be best put in England over USA.

However i have seen Bisping fight here more than i care to mention, i want the best American fighters over here performing.

Rampage and Hendo really was a treat for us!
Old 06-03-2009, 01:47 AM
medic92

I don't think Bisping should be allowed to have any fights across the pond. Henderson could submit Bisping and the judges would still declare Bisping the winner. I have no confidence in the impartiality of British judges after the Bisping-Hamill fight.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:52 AM
CBCS

Hamill absoultely won that fight. Haven't really cared for Bisping after that. I know it wasn't him, it was the judges. I think they wanted to please the British crowd. To bad they won't be able to please the crowd when Hendo knocks him out.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:58 AM
ufcfan2

Only way I see Bisping winning if he has the same strat as he did against Lebon. I say Bisping is a better striker than Hendo,but I think Hendo's toughness and grit will overwork Bispings technique.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:04 AM

Again, neither deserved the win in Bisping v Hamill, so i dont blame the judges for that one.

coulda gone either way