Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 06-02-2009, 05:07 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
Darn tootin'?

Do you have all your teeth?
I don't, I had a few teeth pulled cause my dentist when I was younger left part of my roots in my mouth and they abscessed very bad.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:20 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
Darn tootin'?

Do you have all your teeth?

Yes I do, and they are perfectly straight after 3 and a half years of braces way back in high school.

Actually those braces sucked. I had a tooth grow in the roof of my mouth because a baby tooth had strong roots and never fell out. They had to cut out the baby tooth to make room for the other one. Then they used the braces to force my back teeth into place and after a while it all just fixed itself.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:34 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
This is Obama's America, you can say and do whatever you want as long as your skin is the right color.
LOL .... if you think this is true, you are living in a dream world ... just because obama is pres, doesn't matter, there has and only will be one colour of privelege in the US and that is white ...
Old 06-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
LOL .... if you think this is true, you are living in a dream world ... just because obama is pres, doesn't matter, there has and only will be one colour of privelege in the US and that is white ...
All depends where you live buddy.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
Aren't you Canadian? What do you know about how America works?

Anyways, yes, that the popular left-wing, liberal talking point, but it's not really accurate. There are plenty of examples of minorities being given unfair and undeserved advantages in some twisted attempts at "fairness."
Old 06-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Aren't you Canadian? What do you know about how America works?

Anyways, yes, that the popular left-wing, liberal talking point, but it's not really accurate. There are plenty of examples of minorities being given unfair and undeserved advantages in some twisted attempts at "fairness."
affirmitive action
Old 06-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
affirmitive action
I agree. I am seeing it left and right lately. I hate to admit it, but thats what has been happening.
Phrase of the day.. Reverse discrimination
Old 06-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Administrator

Yep, Affirmative Action and any sort of "racial quota" is nothing more than government-sponsored racism.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:20 PM
logrus

Quote:
Yep, Affirmative Action and any sort of "racial quota" is nothing more than government-sponsored racism.
When you go to apply for a job, especially jobs involving the state or county and they give you those silly tests. The test are ranked on ethnic background. Whites are given a harder test then the blacks, but the Hispanics get the easier of the tests.

Affirmative Action was needed in the 60's and 70's due to the long standing black vs white issues. I don't really see the need for it today.

Another thing with Affirmative action is it wasn't only driven by race. It was also a platform for women as well.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:39 PM
County Mike

I'm sorry I ruined your Black Panther party.