Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 06-04-2009, 06:50 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
i think that it is tougher for teams to have a "dynasty" with all the contract changes for players and people wanting to bolt as soon as their contract is up ...
See, that's the crazy thing about the NBA today...

You are right, more players (in all sports) nowadays are ready to bolt for another city when things are not panning out in a certain city. I have to admit, that is one of the most troubling things for me as a FAN. It sucks to see guys come to your city for one or two seasons and then bolt, ESPECIALLY when they grow on you. There is no LOYALTY anymore, from the front offices OR the players, and it truly does SUCK.

However, in the NBA, money is not thrown around like it used to be. During Jordan's last season with the Bulls I think he made roughly 36 million dollars JUST FOR ONE SEASON. That does not happen anymore. I think the max a player can make is like 22 million per season or something like that, so it's actually a lot cheaper to put a dynasty level team together than it used to be.

Baseball....well that's another story....
Old 06-04-2009, 02:13 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
See, that's the crazy thing about the NBA today...

You are right, more players (in all sports) nowadays are ready to bolt for another city when things are not panning out in a certain city. I have to admit, that is one of the most troubling things for me as a FAN. It sucks to see guys come to your city for one or two seasons and then bolt, ESPECIALLY when they grow on you. There is no LOYALTY anymore, from the front offices OR the players, and it truly does SUCK.

However, in the NBA, money is not thrown around like it used to be. During Jordan's last season with the Bulls I think he made roughly 36 million dollars JUST FOR ONE SEASON. That does not happen anymore. I think the max a player can make is like 22 million per season or something like that, so it's actually a lot cheaper to put a dynasty level team together than it used to be.

Baseball....well that's another story....
well, as a raps fan, we had t-mac bolt for orlando (he still hasn't won a series) and then vince left ... those two guys could have done some serious damage together, but yeah, these guys don't care about winning as much as being the best player on the team .. they would rather go to a last place team and be the best guy making the most money ...
Old 06-04-2009, 03:45 PM
Miss Foxy

All I can say is GO LAKERS!!!
Old 06-05-2009, 02:59 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
All I can say is GO LAKERS!!!
Kobe to Howard before tip-off