Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
Turns out I'm still gloating!
Did you guys see GSP give PENN that ASS WHOOPIN' he gave last night?!

Say it again!!!!!

wheeeeee..... haaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I did think that is was funny that at the end of the fight.. some GSP fans had a couple of "We [HEART] GSP" posters.. but they had the heart upside down.. so it read..

We Spade GSP!!!

no kiddos for the Canadian Bacon?
Old 02-01-2009, 04:12 PM
bradwright

heres the thing all you BJ lovers,,
i knew GSP had a size advantage but its not quite the advantage your making it out 2 be,,you see BJ is 5 foot 9 inches tall and weighed in at 169 1 day before the fight
GSP is 5 foot 10 inches tall and weighed in at 170 i day before the fight,,
yes GSP would have gained a few pounds before he got into the octagon but i would be surprised if it was more then 10 or so and BJ would have gained a few also,,
anybody that thinks BJ doesnt walk around at about 175 or 180 has never seen a picture of him in between fights,,
but the question i have is,,did none of you realize BJ was a little smaller then GSP before the fight started?
the way your using it as an excuse for getting the crap kicked out of him would make me think you just noticed the size difference after the fight was over,,
BJ lost the fight and there was nothing he could have done differently in his preparation that would have made the out come any different ,Georges is just a way better fighter then BJ and he proved it.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:24 PM
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
heres the thing all you BJ lovers,,
i knew GSP had a size advantage but its not quite the advantage your making it out 2 be,,you see BJ is 5 foot 9 inches tall and weighed in at 169 1 day before the fight
GSP is 5 foot 10 inches tall and weighed in at 170 i day before the fight,,
yes GSP would have gained a few pounds before he got into the octagon but i would be surprised if it was more then 10 or so and BJ would have gained a few also,,
anybody that thinks BJ doesnt walk around at about 175 or 180 has never seen a picture of him in between fights,,
but the question i have is,,did none of you realize BJ was a little smaller then GSP before the fight started?
the way your using it as an excuse for getting the crap kicked out of him would make me think you just noticed the size difference after the fight was over,,
BJ lost the fight and there was nothing he could have done differently in his preparation that would have made the out come any different ,Georges is just a way better fighter then BJ and he proved it.
They are about 25 or 30 pounds apart. That is a pretty big difference. BJ should have packed on a ton of muscle and then cut down to 170. But he didn't and it's all on him.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:22 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
well thats partly because he's a FAT@$$ when not makeing weight . dint he weigh in like 180 with a huge gut and moobs for the loto fight .
Old 02-01-2009, 05:57 PM
ufcfan2

Just say overall I was disappointed in the card not in the names but by overall excitement..
I don't think the card lived upto the hype at all imo...
Nate/Clay fight was decent but it was another example of Clay holding on to his opponant..Though I picked Clay to win Nate did a good job of what he was giving,thought he should of been throwing more leg kicks to keep Clay off guard...
Bonner fight; felt sorry for Bonner he pretty much got man handled the whole fight. The other guy was pretty exciting to watch..
Karo/Kim fight was kindof blah as well. Karo looked uninterested in the first round, got some spark in second/third...I like to know what happened was he worred about having a panic attack or what??
Lyota/Thiago was imo best fight on main card. I'll give Lyota props for actually winning via TKO and not his famed pt. system..
BJ/GSP Im not sure this lived up to the hype well not on BJ's part. I don't know if he did'nt have an answer for GSP's speed or what. He looked worse than Karo did. I'm not sure what was going on he did'nt amount any offense at all and ya some of that was GSP's being aggressive,but still..
I personally don't think BJ losing hurts his status at all,but this helps GSP's more so. I think BJ needs to rethink who he trains with and imo needs to pull a GSP and start training with other top fighters(if he does I don't know who).
Same with Karo grats on him training with Jackson Ithink in long run he will improve greatly..
Old 02-02-2009, 12:08 AM
Liam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Im not sure if he would be abel to get Silva down. Silva has very good TD defense and if GSP cant get him down he will get KOed. I think the champs of each div need to stay in their div
Silva got taken down by the likes of Lutter, what are you talking about?
Old 02-02-2009, 12:16 AM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam
Silva got taken down by the likes of Lutter, what are you talking about?
are people still bringing up that fight??? Silva had surgery on both his knees before that fight.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:43 AM
Liam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
are people still bringing up that fight??? Silva had surgery on both his knees before that fight.
Silva is NOT notorious for having good takedown defense. Henderson got silva down too. BJ has some of the best takedown in the business GSP got him down at will after a while. GSP will not give up too much of a size difference to AS.. GSP would still be a big MW.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:58 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

I think that Henderson could beat Anderson Silva.

btw...I'm impressed with Lyoto...but what I REALLY like about the guy is that he's trying soooo hard to master English aswell. The first Question was put to him in his language and he replied in English...the second Question you could tell he thought he understood what Rogan had asked, and all his Translator needed to do was Nod.

IF he can fight like that more often...perhaps he might be a good Champion after all...I like someone whose prepared to try
Old 02-02-2009, 01:03 AM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam
Silva is NOT notorious for having good takedown defense. Henderson got silva down too. BJ has some of the best takedown in the business GSP got him down at will after a while. GSP will not give up too much of a size difference to AS.. GSP would still be a big MW.
well if Henderson got Silva down then anyone can take Silva down . Henderson is a 2 time olympian, he has great takedowns. GSP was able to wear BJ down with his size and he will not be able to do that to Silva. He will give up a size advantage, Silva is a big MW and GSP would not really be that big of a MW. I think he walks around at 190.