Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-01-2009, 05:33 AM
Max

If these fights do happen I think that the winners fighting each other would give way to the next #1 contender. Im not sure if the UFC really wants to give Matt a title shot though. They are not sure how long he wants to stay around and the last thing they want is someone winning the WW title and then walking away from the sport.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:44 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
If these fights do happen I think that the winners fighting each other would give way to the next #1 contender. Im not sure if the UFC really wants to give Matt a title shot though. They are not sure how long he wants to stay around and the last thing they want is someone winning the WW title and then walking away from the sport.
I don't know why not, I would love to see somebody retire on top.
Think it would be pretty cool.

If Matt beats Kampmann, then the winner of Trigg/KOS,
I do not see how on earth they would be able to not give him a title shot.
I don't know who else would be in line you know???

They give Randy and BJ title shots.
Randy walked out Mid Contract, and BJ did the same before, or was fired? Something odd though.
At least if Matt wanted to walk away on top he would do it with some sort of dignity.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:07 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
have they ever given an indication that that would be a problem? like EVER
Old 06-01-2009, 08:20 AM

I think if Matt wins his next fight and Alves is champion, then he gets a Title shot.

If he wins and its GSP still champion then I would understand the UFC making him fight another to get at him.

GSP 4 would be great because Matt would be a huge underdog in everybodies eyes and so would be an amazing story.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:33 AM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Not even Trigg wants to be choked out by mayhem
Hahaha

I think he has got a huge heart but crap is that guy annoying. His walk/dance to the ring for that fight really was something out of the backyard wrestling handbook.

Leading up to that fight I was all about Miller winning but after that entrance I was like "Trigg.....take him out." hahaha
Old 06-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Banner
Hahaha

I think he has got a huge heart but crap is that guy annoying. His walk/dance to the ring for that fight really was something out of the backyard wrestling handbook.

Leading up to that fight I was all about Miller winning but after that entrance I was like "Trigg.....take him out." hahaha
Miller is just a little to much for most people to handle...and I dont mean that as a reference to his fighting style...he's just a bit of a loon.

Frank Trigg doesnt mind being embarrised...but I think he saw Miller as a step to far
Old 06-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
I don't know why not, I would love to see somebody retire on top.
Think it would be pretty cool.

If Matt beats Kampmann, then the winner of Trigg/KOS,
I do not see how on earth they would be able to not give him a title shot.
I don't know who else would be in line you know???

They give Randy and BJ title shots.
Randy walked out Mid Contract, and BJ did the same before, or was fired? Something odd though.
At least if Matt wanted to walk away on top he would do it with some sort of dignity.
I think its cool if the person walks away after they have dominated for a while. If Silva walks away as champ when his contract is finished or if Matt had walked away after the BJ fight I think it would have been cool but Im not really for someone winning and then just walking away. I thought it was stupid that BJ was gonna walk away if he beat GSP and won the WW title.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:55 PM
Max

Quote:
have they ever given an indication that that would be a problem? like EVER
In certain ways yes. When they were trying to sign Fedor they wanted to put in his contract that until he lost his contract never ended. In other words they did not want him winning the title and then walking away from the UFC. The UFC never lets fighters who only have 1 fight left on their contract fight for a title. They dont let their Champs fight in any other org and they will not bring in other orgs champs to face the UFC champs unless they can sign the other fighter to a deal. All this is done so that the UFC can say their Champs are the best in the world. To tell you the truth, I dont think the UFC would be cool with any champ walking away, I think they would much rather see the champ lose his belt before he walks away.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
he'd much rather be choked out though

That does seem to be his preferred method of losing..
Old 06-01-2009, 03:25 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

I am a big Miller fan.. I like him "all around'. Great skills.. and presonality..

but if Trigg was able to hold him off.. maybe that says something about Trigg's skill or Matthews game..

Miller should be next to come to the UFC IMO... but it doesn't seem that he wants to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44
people over do the rear naked choke thing with trigg.... Mayhem had his back for like 3 mins and couldnt do anything to trigg and mayhem is sick on the ground..