Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > Announcements > Introductions

Old 06-03-2009, 10:45 PM
suntereo

Default new...again

had to re-register. I come here daily for all my mma news and to spy on your lives like the pathetic middle aged man I am.

for those that dont know me I'm

a huge Hughes fan - as a man and role model not just a fighter
a follower of Christ
a husband of 14 years
a father of 5
a small business owner (machine shop)
a youth / middle / highschool wrestling coach
a student of submission grappling
prior military, born and raised in Hawaii, living in rural Washington state... bla bla bla

ps. Nate and the mods have my fullest respect for a great site!
Old 06-03-2009, 10:50 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome back to the greatest party on the 'net.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 06-03-2009, 11:36 PM
Stump Rules!

Welcome back again. I'm a Super Mod in disguise.We all had to re register back in Jan. when the forums moved to this new place. Does it look different?

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 06-03-2009, 11:38 PM
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntereo
had to re-register. I come here daily for all my mma news and to spy on your lives like the pathetic middle aged man I am.

for those that dont know me I'm

a huge Hughes fan - as a man and role model not just a fighter
a follower of Christ
a husband of 14 years
a father of 5
a small business owner (machine shop)
a youth / middle / highschool wrestling coach
a student of submission grappling
prior military, born and raised in Hawaii, living in rural Washington state... bla bla bla

ps. Nate and the mods have my fullest respect for a great site!

Welcome to the site , and thanks for the compliments.

Now , whats the adress to that machine shop ? I got a set of Big Block Chevy heads i want the full treatment given to , Hughes forum members get a discount right ?

Welcome aboard!
Old 06-04-2009, 12:17 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

Howdy!!! Glad you are back!!
Old 06-04-2009, 07:13 PM
suntereo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Welcome to the site , and thanks for the compliments.

Now , whats the adress to that machine shop ? I got a set of Big Block Chevy heads i want the full treatment given to , Hughes forum members get a discount right ?

Welcome aboard!
sure... if they're going in that straight axled 55 and I get to stomp on it when it's done! actually we dont do automotive machine, just new parts.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:24 PM

Welcome back and good to meet you! Stick around for the antics. there's loooooaaaadddssss of antics!

[
Old 06-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Mac

Quote:
sure... if they're going in that straight axled 55 and I get to stomp on it when it's done! actually we dont do automotive machine, just new parts.
That would be the destination!! I worked in a machine shop for a while when i was younger. We did the same kinda work , just new parts for bigger corporations . I built fender blocks for caterpillar 797 dump trucks and on certain days i get to turn out pieces for ac compressors on saturn cars on the cnc . Tell ya what pal , i dont think i envy you lol. I imagine your shop is alot nicer than this one though . At 6 oclock int he morning i would walk back to my mill and bandsaw stuck back int he corner , surrounded by rusty iron , the windows on the building were so dirty the sunlight wouldnt shine through . In the winter it was freezing because some of the windows were busted and the only heat in my part of the shop area was a little wood stove . I would start at 6 int he morning and get off at 5:30. They paid me 7 dollars an hour and charged the companies 50 dollars an hour for my labor. it was like working in a 3rd world country lol.

Finally had enough one day when a good buddy of mine had been killed ina bike wreck . I took the afternoon off to go to his funeral and the next morning the shop foreman tore into me because i went to the funeral . He didnt like getting grabbed by the shirt when i attempted to take him to the parking lot , smached his favorite coffee cup to try to get him to swing at me lol. I called it quits that day and am soooooo glad i did.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:54 PM
suntereo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
That would be the destination!! I worked in a machine shop for a while when i was younger. We did the same kinda work , just new parts for bigger corporations . I built fender blocks for caterpillar 797 dump trucks and on certain days i get to turn out pieces for ac compressors on saturn cars on the cnc . Tell ya what pal , i dont think i envy you lol. I imagine your shop is alot nicer than this one though . At 6 oclock int he morning i would walk back to my mill and bandsaw stuck back int he corner , surrounded by rusty iron , the windows on the building were so dirty the sunlight wouldnt shine through . In the winter it was freezing because some of the windows were busted and the only heat in my part of the shop area was a little wood stove . I would start at 6 int he morning and get off at 5:30. They paid me 7 dollars an hour and charged the companies 50 dollars an hour for my labor. it was like working in a 3rd world country lol.

Finally had enough one day when a good buddy of mine had been killed ina bike wreck . I took the afternoon off to go to his funeral and the next morning the shop foreman tore into me because i went to the funeral . He didnt like getting grabbed by the shirt when i attempted to take him to the parking lot , smached his favorite coffee cup to try to get him to swing at me lol. I called it quits that day and am soooooo glad i did.

sounds like a few shops i've worked in, last shop before starting my own was a cement builing with no windows and an asphault roof. HOT in the summer!, but the worst was going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark without ever seeing the sun! Had a few "pariking lot" moments too. A guy put a penthouse picture over my daughters on MY toolbox. all he could say after he woke up from a decent belly to belly on concrete was "some Christian you are". Ended up leading him to the Lord a couple years later!

our current shop is actually pretty nice, tall ceilings, windows up high, still real clean and basically the shop I always wanted to work in

beautiful car by the way! gassers are the best
Old 06-05-2009, 12:04 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
I come here daily to spy on your lives like the pathetic middle aged man I am.

!
you are forgiven