Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-26-2009, 07:41 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Cali courts uphold the gay marriage ban

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30936298

I like what the Judge said about the people having the right to vote to change their constitution.

A judge without his head of his bum.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-26-2009, 10:38 PM
CAVEMAN
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Finally some sanity!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-29-2009, 03:05 AM
Buzzard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

How will you benefit now that CA has banned gay marriages? How do you feel about interracial marriages?

Boy, they sure showed them gays something, huh?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-29-2009, 03:22 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
How will you benefit now that CA has banned gay marriages?
It shows that the people are still in control of their own government. There might be a lot of people supporting gay marriage, but there are obviously a lot more against it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
How do you feel about interracial marriages?
Seriously? I'm disappointed in you. I actually believed you were smarter than this. It's irrelevant, the two issues are completely unrelated.

Obviously the blacks in California can understand the difference between race (something you are born into) and sexual preference (something you choose), because they were the deciding factor for passing the gay marriage ban in California.

Why don't you ask Obama and Biden about how they feel about interracial marriage? Because last I checked they both opposed gay marriage as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
Boy, they sure showed them gays something, huh?
We showed them that America is still a Democracy and they're views are still in the minority. That's all that matters.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-29-2009, 03:56 AM
huan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
How will you benefit now that CA has banned gay marriages? How do you feel about interracial marriages?

Boy, they sure showed them gays something, huh?
Are you kidding me?

There is no comparison between race and sex. Do you want to tell me there is no difference between a man and a woman?

I'm so sick of hearing this race card argument because it sounds so persuasive yet couldn't be more false. Males and females are inherently different, their brains are different. These differences are significant. There are no inherent differences between races.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-29-2009, 03:59 AM
Buzzard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
It shows that the people are still in control of their own government. There might be a lot of people supporting gay marriage, but there are obviously a lot more against it.
The ones who are against it have nothing to lose, therefor it doesn't hurt them emotionally or financially. Imagine if you were told you weren't allowed to marry the one you love and wished to be bonded with for life, enjoying the liberties and freedoms that a marriage entails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Seriously? I'm disappointed in you. I actually believed you were smarter than this. It's irrelevant, the two issues are completely unrelated.
I'm actually disappointed in those who wish to deny others the benefits in which they are entitled to, namely marrying the one they love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Obviously the blacks in California can understand the difference between race (something you are born into) and sexual preference (something you choose), because they were the deciding factor for passing the gay marriage ban in California.
Evidence has already been offered up to you to show that there is a strong possibility that being gay is not a choice for some. You just don't accept it. I think the blacks that voted against it are just as wrong as any other people of any other race who voted against it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Why don't you ask Obama and Biden about how they feel about interracial marriage? Because last I checked they both opposed gay marriage as well.
I don't need to as I know where they stand on that issue. I disagree with them on that issue and others believe it or not.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
We showed them that America is still a Democracy and they're views are still in the minority. That's all that matters.
We've been through this before. We are not a democracy, but a republic. Remember when Tyburn added that we were a federal republic?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-29-2009, 04:19 AM
Buzzard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by huan
Are you kidding me?
Have you read history when interracial marriages were illegal? Those were some bad times. I feel that eventually the same will happen when gay people will be allowed to marry, and people will look back on today and think that these times were bad in the fact that people were trying to make laws to deny gays the right to pursue "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

Quote:
Originally Posted by huan
There is no comparison between race and sex. Do you want to tell me there is no difference between a man and a woman?
No, which is why I didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huan
I'm so sick of hearing this race card argument because it sounds so persuasive yet couldn't be more false. Males and females are inherently different, their brains are different. These differences are significant. There are no inherent differences between races.
There are many biological differences between races. I believe that your statement is somewhat wrong. My comment wasn't to compare races and sexual orientation, but to compare the denials of marriage to both groups based upon social issues.

Some here think the government is too big when they try to take away rights that they have a self-interest in. Yet those same people are all for big government taking away or stifling the rights of citizens that don't live the lifestyle they wish them to.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-29-2009, 04:42 AM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 9,793
Default

A marriage is between a penis and a vagina.As it should be.
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-29-2009, 04:55 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
A marriage is between a penis and a vagina.As it should be.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQvnZOR_oIk
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-29-2009, 05:21 AM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
How will you benefit now that CA has banned gay marriages? How do you feel about interracial marriages?

Boy, they sure showed them gays something, huh?
lol. How do you benefit from them allowing gay marriages?

Why does it matter if I benefit from them banning it? It's an issue I and apparently most people in California feel strongly about.

I have no issue what so ever with civil unions.

A marriage is between a man(of any color) and a woman(of any color).

I'm sorry if the people voted against you this time.

I don't really like your tone. It was actually very rude and it made me want to punch you square in your face. I figured I'd say something about it so it didn't fester and come out in an unrelated post. I apologize for those feelings but I personally believe you know full well you deserve them.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.