Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 05-29-2009, 02:30 AM
Administrator

Default BLOG: Baby on Board

From Matt's Blog:

Quote:
Well, Tuesday we went to the doctor and we are now sure that Audra is with child. They said the due date was January 9th. So I'm very excited and have been asking for another child since Hanna was born. All went well at the appointment and I'll keep you all informed.

Next thing, I want to thank all my fans and most importantly my forum members for the good times out in las Vegas. It was great to see a lot of you again and meet some of you for the first time. My next fight should be closer, I'm hoping it will be around St. Louis, and let's hope we can do the same thing then.

I caught this on the forum and then found out it was on some other forums as well. These statements never came out of my mouth:
Quote:
"I went out there and followed the gameplan perfectly, I worked with Mark Fiore a lot during camp and it payed off. I controlled the pace of fight and dealt the most damage, thatís what I feel won me the fight."
As most of you know, I trained at Jeremy's and up at Sean's for this fight, I knew my wrestling was going to be better than Serra's, so a gameplan with Fiore was never really talked about.
Quote:
ďI want the winner of GSP/AlvesĒ
Not that I wouldn't want to fight the winner between those two, but definitely never said that and I wouldn't say anything like that without talking to DW first.
Quote:
"At this moment in time Iím a free agent, I went and sat down with Dana after the fight and discussed a few things, and I can tell you this Iíve got one more big fight left in me and its going to have to be against the winner of the GSP/Alves fight this July. Nothing else makes sense right now, I canít really get myself motivated for anything else at this point in my career. I feel my chances against either guy are as good as anyones right now."
DW and I have not sat down and talked about anything yet. That statement is totally false. I don't know where these quotes came from, but they are not the truth.

I went back and watched the Rashad fight again, and I think it comes down to bad coaching. In the prefight press conference, I heard Rashad say that he didn't bring anybody in who would resemble Machida's style. When I heard that, I knew that there might be some problems. That is probably a big reason why Rashad didn't do very well in the striking area. I also think Rashad should have been coached on using his wrestling talent. He didn't shoot one takedown that I can remember and he just made it a sparring match. If I was to coach Rashad against Machida, I would have told him to make it a fight, use his wrestling and groundwork to really dictate the match. Not just go out and spar with him. I think Rashad could have done a lot better in that fight. I'm not saying he should have won, but he's a lot better than he showed on Saturday.

Here is the banner from the fight, in case you didn't get a good look at it. I've got one extra, so I might do some type of giveaway with it, but I haven't decided yet:

Tomorrow, I leave for a quick family vacation and I won't be around on Monday for a blog. So this will be it until after Robbie's fight. So until then we'll see you later and maybe we'll see some of you in St. Louis supporting Robbie. -matt
Old 05-29-2009, 02:33 AM
mikthehick

matt that is awesome! Can't wait to see the awesome pictures of your new baby, congrats again!
Old 05-29-2009, 02:35 AM
Stump Rules!

Congratulations Matt & Audra!

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 05-29-2009, 02:37 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Boomer

CONGRATS Audra and Matt. That is wonderful about the baby!!! Have a great rest and vacation.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:46 AM
Mac

Congratulations Hughes Family , Nothin like a new baby in the house.

Rest up cause youve got a fight coming up here this summer. Im bringing the smoker over and taking that bbq title from you and Mark . Enjoy it while it lasts !!!! ha ha ha
Old 05-29-2009, 03:08 AM
chum567

congrats....hope all goes well
Old 05-29-2009, 03:32 AM
Eric4

Congratulations to the whole family! I heard that GSI in Assumption,IL tried to get in a last minute sponsorship but were too late. That would have been another good local ag sponsor. Maybe next time. I would hit up Sloan Implement too.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:46 AM

A baby! Congratulations Matt and Audra!
Old 05-29-2009, 03:47 AM

Congrats to you and Audra, Matt! Have a great vacation with your loved ones.
Next time you're getting up to sing!
I agree about the bad coaching. Seems like they could used GSP's karate experience to mimic him somewhat.

[
Old 05-29-2009, 03:56 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Congratulations Matt!

I REALLY hope that you do get to fight in St. Louis, or even Chicago, either way I AM THERE NEXT TIME!