Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-28-2009, 08:05 PM
TDPARKASH

Default Machida vs. Shogun- Possible?

With Rashad & Rampage coaching TUF, i can't seem to think of any contenders that would be available to fight Machida next.

-Forrest is busy with A.S
- Keith Jardine- no chance he will get it.and fighting Keith
- Wanderlei- fighting Rich Franklin.....and will probably move down
- Cane- Not ready
Chuck- Retired almost....
Randy- Busy with Nog
Thiago- Fighting Keith

There are not too many other names not worth mentioning, am i missing someone?

After one win, I don't think Shogun deserves it..........
Old 05-28-2009, 08:25 PM
Maldonado136

hmm well i dont care too much about it as long as machida fights someone. it would be messed up if he had to take a year off just because dana wants rampage to coach tuf. he wont fight rashad till december and his fight after that will probably be in march or something. shogun may not deserve it but it would still be a good fight and if brock can get a title shot i suppose anyone can.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136
hmm well i dont care too much about it as long as machida fights someone. it would be messed up if he had to take a year off just because dana wants rampage to coach tuf. he wont fight rashad till december and his fight after that will probably be in march or something. shogun may not deserve it but it would still be a good fight and if brock can get a title shot i suppose anyone can.
I think they should get Chuck and Randy to coach another season. Or Chuck and Wanderlei. that would be fun.

[
Old 05-28-2009, 08:42 PM
Maldonado136

i also have to add that shogun was in danas office a few days ago signing his next fight. with rashad and rampage coaching the next season this fight could very well be for the title since this happened right after machida won.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:43 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Shogun is a better matchup than Rampage.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:45 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
Shogun is a better matchup than Rampage.
Im still EMO about him beating Chuck so I would love to see him get karate chopped!! MACHIDA baby!!
Old 05-28-2009, 09:03 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
Im still EMO about him beating Chuck so I would love to see him get karate chopped!! MACHIDA baby!!
i liked Chuck getting KO'd. he would always talk about how he was KO'ing whoever he fought. so he got his a few times.

of course Machida is gonna win but Shogun will offer more to Machida than Rampage.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:32 PM
Jason 16

...Does karate teach you to get out of a muy thai clinch and how not to eat knees till he gets the piss (that he drank) out of him? realy I dont know if he could get his hands on him but if he does he could give him problems by not giveing him any room to breath. Id doubt he could beat him but I sure as hell will root for him.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:01 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16
...Does karate teach you to get out of a muy thai clinch and how not to eat knees till he gets the piss (that he drank) out of him? realy I dont know if he could get his hands on him but if he does he could give him problems by not giveing him any room to breath. Id doubt he could beat him but I sure as hell will root for him.
he trains with Anderson, so he will be prepared.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:38 AM
que

this is a bad idea. rampage deserves his title shot (and should grab it while he can instead of ducking machida) and shogun doesn't deserve a title shot. plus, shogun is just now making an impressive comeback and all that marketing potential will go to waste when he loses to machida. i love shogun but he won't win. they should keep building him up first and maybe in time he will be ready.