Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-28-2009, 11:06 AM
Country_breakfast
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Mark Coleman calls out Machida




Quote:
“I’ve been training hard with [Ernest “The Cat” Miller] and I feel confident that I know what his weaknesses are, and how I can exploit them should we meet in the cage. In my past fights I relied on my wrestling too much and it showed. Now I know that the key is good cardio and a sound stand up game, which I have now. I don’t think Machida has faced a wrestler of my caliber before and I think stylistically I match up with him perfectly”
Mark Coleman — the “Godfather” of the ground and pound, collegiate national wrestling champion for Ohio State University and wrestler for the 1992 United States Olympic team — talks to Latest MMA News Now about being the man who can solve the riddle that is Lyoto Machida. Perhaps “The Hammer” has been pounding too many nails, because he still has to get past Stephan Bonnar at UFC 100 before he can face Machida — or anyone else for that matter. Then again he does have “The Cat” in his corner…

http://mmamania.com/2009/05/26/ufc-q...ida-perfectly/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-28-2009, 12:26 PM
County Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Now I know that the key is good cardio and a sound stand up game, which I have now.
Could have fooled me by watching the Shogun fight.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country_breakfast





Mark Coleman — the “Godfather” of the ground and pound, collegiate national wrestling champion for Ohio State University and wrestler for the 1992 United States Olympic team — talks to Latest MMA News Now about being the man who can solve the riddle that is Lyoto Machida. Perhaps “The Hammer” has been pounding too many nails, because he still has to get past Stephan Bonnar at UFC 100 before he can face Machida — or anyone else for that matter. Then again he does have “The Cat” in his corner…

http://mmamania.com/2009/05/26/ufc-q...ida-perfectly/

He's joking right?
In Dana's last blog he is seen telling Machida that he will be champ "for a long time". Coleman would get destroyed by Machida.
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-28-2009, 12:41 PM
Josh
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter

He's joking right?
In Dana's last blog he is seen telling Machida that he will be champ "for a long time". Coleman would get destroyed by Machida.
I caught that too. Not very confident telling the champ of his own division that he will remain champ for a long time.
I would like to see Machida fight a great wrestler. They would have to be a better wrestler than Rashad or at least try to take him down. Too bad Coleman is past it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-28-2009, 12:56 PM
Buc Nasty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"I think stylistically I match up with him perfectly”

I don't think he's all there.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-28-2009, 01:02 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

LOL, I think Coleman has had his head knocked a few too many times. I would like to see Machida face a strong wrestler like Dan Henderson and see how well he would fare. He did a great job avoiding Tito's takedowns, but, he also did a great job of avoiding fighting Tito as well.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-28-2009, 01:06 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty
"I think stylistically I match up with him perfectly”

I don't think he's all there.
He said that about Fedor too! HAHAHAHA!
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-28-2009, 01:08 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

OMG I have heard it all!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-28-2009, 01:48 PM
billwilliams70
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

He's off his rocker if he thinks he matches up well with Machida. Honestly, I don't think that there's a LHW in the UFC that can hang with Machida, not even Rampage.

Just my two lincolns.

Later.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-28-2009, 01:56 PM
County Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Couture back down to 205 so he can fight Machida.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.