Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 05-27-2009, 08:22 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Default Cool Story...

So, last night I had to go to Midway airport in Chicago to pick up a buddy who was flying back in from San Antonio, and I was stuck sitting in a huge line of traffic leading up to the the main doors where you pick up arriving passengers.

As I sat there, getting increasingly annoyed with the way people drive in the windy city, I felt like it I was going to get stuck having to drive past the pick up area before my friend actually retrieved his bag and made it outside, because they don't let you sit there very long. If I were to have to circle back around, it would have surely taken another 30 minutes because I swear every single plane came in right after the storm stopped, so it was a madhouse at 11:00pm on Tuesday, which is ridiculous even for Chicago.

Then the worst possible thing happens. My buddy calls me and says the airline LOST HIS BAG and he was filling out a claim form about it. At this point, I figure there is no way he is making it out in time, and I should just go pay the cash and park my truck and go inside, otherwise I am just wasting gas.

Well, two minutes later, right before I made it out of the pickup section, I see him coming up to my truck, still with NO BAG, but a HUGE SMILE. When he gets in, he tells me that while he was filling out the claim form, Eddie George, running back for the Titans, was standing next to him, also missing a bag. He shook his hand, and got his autograph on his claim form! How crazy is that?

I knew I should have just parked my truck and went inside...

Last edited by J.B.; 05-27-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
So, last night I had to go to Midway airport in Chicago to pick up a buddy who was flying back in from San Antonio, and I was stuck sitting in a huge line of traffic leading up to the the main doors where you pick up arriving passengers.

As I sat there, getting increasingly annoyed with the way people drive in the windy city, I felt like it I was going to get stuck having to drive past the pick up area before my friend actually retrieved his bag and made it outside, because they don't let you sit there very long. If I were to have to circle back around, it would have surely taken another 30 minutes because I swear every single plane came in right after the storm stopped, so it was a madhouse at 11:00pm on Tuesday, which is ridiculous even for Chicago.

Then the worst possible thing happens. My buddy calls me and says the airline LOST HIS BAG and he was filling out a claim form about it. At this point, I figure there is no way he is making it out in time, and I should just go pay the cash and park my truck and go inside, otherwise I am just wasting gas.

Well, two minutes later, right before I made it out of the pickup section, I see him coming up to my truck, still with NO BAG, but a HUGE SMILE. When he gets in, he tells me that while he was filling out the claim form, Eddie George, running back for the Titans, was standing next to him, also missing a bag. He shook his hand, and got his autograph on his claim form! How crazy is that?

That is awesome!! Eddie was the man at the Ohio State, and TN.

[
Old 05-27-2009, 11:29 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake

Eddie was a beast in his day ... and he has been getting lots of air time since his wife was recently on survivor .. LOL ... and he even made it onto his own episode ....
Old 05-28-2009, 12:20 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

I just can't get over the fact that they misplaced his bag at the same time as my buddy Chris, and any brighness that can be brought to his day is a true blessing nowadays. A few months back Chris lost his mother to lung cancer, and his trip to visit some old high school friends of ours in Texas was cut short by the death of one of our friends here at home on Sunday morning.

It's been a tough week, and an especially tough year for people around our group.