Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > Announcements > Introductions

Old 05-27-2009, 10:30 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimura1975
I'm a student of Serra's but want to say that my hat goes off to Hughes too. Serra is a great person on a personal level no matter how he appears in the media. After watching some video and reading some articles from Hughes, I get the same impression that he's a decent person too.
I think they both fought a great fight Saturday, both showed excellent talent and heart, congrats to both. Also glad to see that they both respect each other, thats a very good thing, maybe they'll wind up friends one day.
Nice site Mr.Hughes, I luv the outdoors and hunting myself, so its cool to see your into that. Be good.
What's in the past is in the past. Much respect goes out to you for being bigger than the hype. I will admit I gained more respect for Matt Serra on Saturday night myself. Welcome to the forums!
Old 05-27-2009, 10:34 PM
CBCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
What's in the past is in the past. Much respect goes out to you for being bigger than the hype. I will admit I gained more respect for Matt Serra on Saturday night myself. Welcome to the forums!
I agree with that statement 100%. Serra seemed very humble.

Welcome to the fourm.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimura1975
I'm a student of Serra's but want to say that my hat goes off to Hughes too. Serra is a great person on a personal level no matter how he appears in the media. After watching some video and reading some articles from Hughes, I get the same impression that he's a decent person too.
I think they both fought a great fight Saturday, both showed excellent talent and heart, congrats to both. Also glad to see that they both respect each other, thats a very good thing, maybe they'll wind up friends one day.
Nice site Mr.Hughes, I luv the outdoors and hunting myself, so its cool to see your into that. Be good.
Welcome to the forums!

If we can tolerate BJ Penn fans here, then I don't see why we can't welcome the occasional Serra fan.

Anyways, I do wonder just how much creative editing contributes to Matt Serra's television personality. From watching Matt Hughes on TV and being friends with him, I can see how easily innocent jokes or comments get twisted to make him seem to be arrogant or a jerk. Which he is not at all, he's one of the most humble people I know. So I would be interested to know how the real Matt Serra compares to the Matt Serra we see on television and in UFC promo footage.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Welcome to the forums!

If we can tolerate BJ Penn fans here, then I don't see why we can't welcome the occasional Serra fan.

Anyways, I do wonder just how much creative editing contributes to Matt Serra's television personality. From watching Matt Hughes on TV and being friends with him, I can see how easily innocent jokes or comments get twisted to make him seem to be arrogant or a jerk. Which he is not at all, he's one of the most humble people I know. So I would be interested to know how the real Matt Serra compares to the Matt Serra we see on television and in UFC promo footage.
The last blog the Dana put out showed him in the best light I thought. When he's congratulating Machida and Frankie Edgar.

[
Old 05-27-2009, 10:51 PM
Stump Rules!

He called Matt Hughes a dick for two years straight.That wasn't "creative editing". He showed 10 good minutes out of two years. He's a classless ass if you ask me.There is nothing he can say or do to redeem himself in my eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 05-27-2009, 10:58 PM
TENNESSEAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
He called Matt Hughes a dick for two years straight.That wasn't "creative editing". He showed 10 good minutes out of two years. He's a classless ass if you ask me.There is nothing he can say or do to redeem himself in my eyes.
tell us how you really feel please dont hold back.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:08 PM

I echo other posts here, whats done is done and I'm glad that it is over. Whilst i maintain that Serra went too far , editing can make it appear far worse than it appears.

For me, you know if you meet Serra you going to like him because he has a big personality, he just developed a unhealthy hate of Matt inspired from TUF 2 which was wrong of him, maybe Hughes touched on it when he said that maybe he reminded him of someone who bullied him.

Apart from the Hughes bashing Serra is an alright guy.

Onwards and upwards and welcome, be good for you to stick around
Old 05-27-2009, 11:16 PM
Stump Rules!

I'll work on forgiveness some other time. Until then it's

(Matt Serra is a dick)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN
tell us how you really feel please dont hold back.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 05-27-2009, 11:16 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Thats how I feel. He showed an ounce of class on Saturday, but I need to see what time will show.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:35 PM

Quote:
I'll work on forgiveness some other time. Until then it's

(Matt Serra is a dick)
I'm with Michelle and Melissa on this as far as letting the "dust" settle and let's see how Mr. Serra (see I'm being respectful ) "shows" after some time has passed. Btw, Michelle, I think it's been longer than 2 years that he's been calling Matt "dick" as well as other versions of that and other body parts. As long as he doesn't talk any more trash about Matt, I'm willing to let bygones be bygones.

Welcome!