Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > Announcements > Introductions

Old 05-27-2009, 08:13 PM
kimura1975

Exclamation Serra Student

I'm a student of Serra's but want to say that my hat goes off to Hughes too. Serra is a great person on a personal level no matter how he appears in the media. After watching some video and reading some articles from Hughes, I get the same impression that he's a decent person too.
I think they both fought a great fight Saturday, both showed excellent talent and heart, congrats to both. Also glad to see that they both respect each other, thats a very good thing, maybe they'll wind up friends one day.
Nice site Mr.Hughes, I luv the outdoors and hunting myself, so its cool to see your into that. Be good.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:19 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimura1975
I'm a student of Serra's but want to say that my hat goes off to Hughes too. Serra is a great person on a personal level no matter how he appears in the media. After watching some video and reading some articles from Hughes, I get the same impression that he's a decent person too.
I think they both fought a great fight Saturday, both showed excellent talent and heart, congrats to both. Also glad to see that they both respect each other, thats a very good thing, maybe they'll wind up friends one day.
Nice site Mr.Hughes, I luv the outdoors and hunting myself, so its cool to see your into that. Be good.
We appreciate the respect that you have shown =) I can't speak for Matt but as a loyal fan of his it is nice to see a Serra fan come and pay his respect and likewise I'll do the same. Matt Serra showed a lot of heart in that fight and I was really impressed by the class he showed in the end. I only hope he continue to keep it classy and not sully a hard battle with any excuses or insults.

Welcome to to the forums bro.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:34 PM
sender

OH NO!! Theres a spy among us now!! haha jk
Old 05-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
I have never communicated with Matt Serra so I have no idea what he is like on a personal level. I have however met Matt Hughes several times and know for a fact that he's an honnest and good Christian man.

If I may say, I dont think that Matt Hughes has ever particularly shown anything but respect towards Matt Serra. I know that he has made it clear he doesnt like the guy, but I dont recall Matt Hughes being a potty-mouth and indulging in petty name calling.

Whatever issues I have with Matt Serra, are not with his fans. I have communicated with Joey Scarola in the past, and he seemed alright, I also think Ray Longo is fantastic, I dont have any problem with any Matt Serra fan, so long as they dont echo his comments in past, about Hughes.

So I guess on that note I should say "welcome to the Forums" I'm Tyburn, and Englishman, and I post here...rather a lot
Old 05-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I have never communicated with Matt Serra so I have no idea what he is like on a personal level. I have however met Matt Hughes several times and know for a fact that he's an honnest and good Christian man.

If I may say, I dont think that Matt Hughes has ever particularly shown anything but respect towards Matt Serra. I know that he has made it clear he doesnt like the guy, but I dont recall Matt Hughes being a potty-mouth and indulging in petty name calling.

Whatever issues I have with Matt Serra, are not with his fans. I have communicated with Joey Scarola in the past, and he seemed alright, I also think Ray Longo is fantastic, I dont have any problem with any Matt Serra fan, so long as they dont echo his comments in past, about Hughes.

So I guess on that note I should say "welcome to the Forums" I'm Tyburn, and Englishman, and I post here...rather a lot
We call him "Soap Box" Dave.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
[B][SIZE="2"]I'm a student of Serra's
hey, are you that one guy from TUF who quit and Serra was like, "if you leave it's over?"

just kidding

seriously though, don't worry about it. everyone has their own way of reacting to the Hughes and Serra drama. some treat it as a personal insult to them anything Serra said (and that's ok) while others didn't get upset as much because they know it's part of the game.

are you gonna post here much?
Old 05-27-2009, 08:51 PM
Miss Foxy

Welcome to the forum! Glad to hear you come with respect. Please don't be offended at some of my posts regarding Serra. I am glad that he did show some class on Saturday night, however I am hoping it was done from the heart not just to cut some slack off him for losing. Matt Hughes is a good man and his fans are serious fans. I can speak for myself that Serras personal attacks on our Matt had me breathing fire. Anyways welcome aboard!!
Old 05-27-2009, 08:51 PM

Welcome to the forum! I hope it will offer you a closer look at Matt Hughes thru his fans and friends. That was definitely an awesome fight on Saturday! Quite a few of us were there and had a great time. Which school do you train at?

[
Old 05-27-2009, 08:57 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
hey, are you that one guy from TUF who quit and Serra was like, "if you leave it's over?"

just kidding
that was Joey Scarola try to keep up Andreas
Old 05-27-2009, 08:58 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
We call him "Soap Box" Dave.

its not my fault I always have a lot to say