Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-28-2009, 12:08 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

I'm with Jeff Crow. Jealousy sucks.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:10 PM
clm12704

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R
that writer is almost as full of Lesnar as Lesnar is lol. I'll eat my words if it doesn't happen, but I'll be a cheering mma fan when Lesnar taps in a whimpering fashion again.
Ditto. It really sucks when a dude that's as physically gifted as he is turns out to be such a prick.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:11 PM
TurnOnTheBrightLights

The lack of respect that some MMA fans and practitioners give to Boxing is ridiculous.

When I was training back in NY, Pat Miletich did a 2 day seminar, and the first day was purely focused on boxing. He was talking about how important boxing can be, and how the Dutch started beating the Thais' in Muay Thai, not because they were better at Muay Thai, but because they used boxing combinations to help setup kicks.

And besides, boxing isn't dead, look at the hype and excitement around Manny Pacquiao. He's the best thing to happen to boxing in years.

About Lesnar. I know he's an amazing athlete and will more than likely only get better with time, but I just question his heart and attitude with everything he's done. He just seems to lose interest after awhile. He walked out on the WWE, NFL, etc, etc.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:49 PM
Blmfighter

I love how this is a long interview with Brock however there are like 5-10 things that from Brock's month. It was more just this guy trying to write a piece with emotionally charged words.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:39 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Hey he's never tested positive! and not testing positive is the same as not doing them right!... right?
riiiiight
Old 05-28-2009, 09:54 PM
Hughes_GOAT

WAR Lesnar....

except against CC or Fedor!!!
Old 05-29-2009, 01:22 AM
atomdanger

Yeah... being that big I don't think he could be a fighter and NOT punish people
Old 05-30-2009, 02:36 PM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blmfighter
I love how this is a long interview with Brock however there are like 5-10 things that from Brock's month. It was more just this guy trying to write a piece with emotionally charged words.

Exactly, this was a gimmick interview if I've ever seen one, and apparently the interviewer was a homosexual.

I dont think Ive read a interview with Brock that has ever portrayed him this sinister and or sociopathic.

Nomader what, Mir, a dude I actually like as well, has been talking an amazing amout of s$^% so Im sure Brock is pretty pissed. Mir has basically called Brock out as a fraud with no power that relies on his bully power to win fights. This is going to get ugly.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:57 PM

yeah watching his fights is usually pretty punishing

Old 05-31-2009, 06:03 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Banner
Exactly, this was a gimmick interview if I've ever seen one, and apparently the interviewer was a homosexual.

I dont think Ive read a interview with Brock that has ever portrayed him this sinister and or sociopathic.

Nomader what, Mir, a dude I actually like as well, has been talking an amazing amout of s$^% so Im sure Brock is pretty pissed. Mir has basically called Brock out as a fraud with no power that relies on his bully power to win fights. This is going to get ugly.
It's funny to hear Mir's analysis of Brock's fights, that he only won by points and just "bullied" his opponents. I think what Mir is failing to realize is that most of Brock's opponents refused to engage with him. Even if you see Brock's loss to Stephen Neal in 1999 NCAA Championship, Neal won by 1 point and pretty much was just elusive the whole fight instead of engaging - speed kills.