Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 05-27-2009, 05:22 PM
Country_breakfast

Default FAKE INTERVIEW: [“I want the winner of GSP/Alves”]

Matt Hughes – “I want the winner of GSP/Alves”

Future UFC hall of famer and long time welterweight champion Matt Hughes recently spoke on his win over Matt Serra at UFC 98 and his future plans. Matt Hughes was awarded a unanimous decision at UFC 98 claiming his 16th win in the Octagon, he gave his thoughts on the fight;

Quote:
I went out there and followed the gameplan perfectly, I worked with Mark Fiore a lot during camp and it payed off. I controlled the pace of fight and dealt the most damage, that’s what I feel won me the fight.
Hughes then went on to explain his current situation and his future plans for competing in MMA;

Quote:
At this moment in time I’m a free agent, I went and sat down with Dana after the fight and discussed a few things, and I can tell you this I’ve got one more big fight left in me and its going to have to be against the winner of the GSP/Alves fight this July. Nothing else makes sense right now, I can’t really get myself motivated for anything else at this point in my career. I feel my chances against either guy are as good as anyones right now.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:23 PM
Country_breakfast

War Hughes!!!
Old 05-27-2009, 05:50 PM
Mac

Im all for it !!!!!! WAR HUGHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2009, 06:00 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country_breakfast

Future UFC hall of famer and long time welterweight champion Matt Hughes recently spoke on his win over Matt Serra at UFC 98 and his future plans. Matt Hughes was awarded a unanimous decision at UFC 98 claiming his 16th win in the Octagon, he gave his thoughts on the fight;

Hughes then went on to explain his current situation and his future plans for competing in MMA;
YES!!! Lets make another quick Title Reign before nightfall!!!

I think it would be fantastic if GSP won the belt against Thiago Alves, and then Hughes can fight GSP and win the Title again, whilst Alves fights...someone and wins.

Then for a defence Hughes can fight Alves...and then...retire with the belt if he reallllllly wants to...or if not...continue with the encore
Old 05-27-2009, 06:16 PM

Those GIFs are AWESOME! Thsoe takedowns were amazing and I loved the way Matt would use the cage to bounce Serra off some of the times. Matt totally dominated!

[
Old 05-27-2009, 07:36 PM
rearnakedchoke

it is the only fight that makes sense, but i would like to see matt v fitch or kos in the mean time ..
Old 05-27-2009, 08:33 PM
pistol-pete

I don't want to get into who is more deserving for a title shot, but I would like to see Hughes fight a number one contender fight to get prepped for the winner of GSP/ALVES. I think if GSP wins Matt can pitch to Dana, and Joe Silva that this would be a "win or go home" fight, meaning either he wins the belt from GSP, or he retires from the UFC and the fight game. I think this might be the only way they give him the fight. I think GSP would be honored to fight Hughes one more time in an epic battle to the finish.

I think Hughes would have an easier time of conviencing Dana and Silva of a fight against Alves. He took the first fight on short notice, and Alves didn't make weight. Hughes was able to force a couple of take downs on Alves, hell he even pulled guard once. I think Alves is a better overall match up for Hughes than GSP, but regardless I think if Alves wins or losses against GSP I think Hughes should take the rematch against him, and then either way he can face GSP after he beats Alves.

Hughes is a type of fighter I like to see in 5 round battles. He is always in great shape, and he has the ability to wear down other fighters in the Championship rounds. Imagine him and Alves after round 3? Not even close!!!. GSP would match his cardio, and thats why it would be a damn good fight.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country_breakfast

Matt read this earlier today and he says that the entire interview is fake. None of these quote are real.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:22 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Matt read this earlier today and he says that the entire interview is fake. None of these quote are real.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
I think it's piece meal off of about 20 different interviews.

[